Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WDW Parks Banning Smoking, Stroller Wagons, Loose Ice Beginning May 1st

Good luck :lol:

I know both Disney and Universal have been pushing for this by limiting smoking areas, but getting rid of it altogether just seems like it will end up in the whole park becoming a smoking area.

I can’t see any way that this will work. The lines to get into the park are going to become longer than normal and people will just start smoking any where they can to avoid the inconvenience.

My mind races to the remaining out of the way places employees would never notice one lighting up.

That said, the whole world! You can’t even sneak out of your hotel room and hide behind a bush!

Wow. Will CM areas be smoke free as well? When I used to smoke during CP stints, those break areas were always pretty crowded. Dang near every cm I knew smoked. Good on Disney for going head first in the shallow end I guess. I have to wonder if Uni or SW will implement their own ban. Not sure if they'd want that stigma of being the smoker's parks.

That said, the whole world! You can’t even sneak out of your hotel room and hide behind a bush!

The article said it’s still allowed in Disney Springs and Resort Hotels in designated areas.

Disney hasn’t been nearly as bad as Universal when it comes to smoking at the park in my experiences. I swear there hasn’t been a single time I’ve been to UOR where someone isn’t just smoking while walking down the streets of NY or San Fran.

Ice is an easy fix, and what I've done anyways is freeze bottles of water. Smoking though, especially with the rise of vaping is going to be popcorn fodder within the parks.

What is interesting is this says smoking without any mention of vaping. does that mean vaping will still be ok in the parks?

Ice is an easy fix, and what I've done anyways is freeze bottles of water. Smoking though, especially with the rise of vaping is going to be popcorn fodder within the parks.

What is interesting is this says smoking without any mention of vaping. does that mean vaping will still be ok in the parks?

Includes vaping because vaping is smoking.

Strollers have really gotten out of hand at Disney and clog the walkways. And it seems a generational thing since Disney didn't have such a huge proliferation of strollers until about 20 years ago. Heck, people have their 6, 7 & 8 year olds sitting in strollers now. And many use the strollers like a U Haul carrier. That's just crazy. And they slow up bus loading too. An even better solution would be to ban personal strollers and only allow the Disney rentals. I bet that would cut down how many people use strollers if they had to pay to rent them. .....Thank the theme park gods, Universal has a different demographic, and strollers are low profile in the parks.

I once saw a guest guzzle down a bottle of Jack Daniels right in front of a CM, and they just laughed. People also smoke all over the park already.