Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 65 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just a thought but if we get Suspiria will it be the first foreign film to appear at HHN? The main actress is American but a lot of the English in the original is overdubbed

IDK about that one. USH has to compete with Disney, Queen Mary, Knott's, Six Flags, with Legoland and SW San Diego a bit more south.

...not to mention Warner Brothers Festival of Frights (like, literally down the street from it), Reign of Terror, Creep, Sinister Pointe, Haunted Hayride, Urban Death, Wicked Lit, Horrorworld, 17th Door, Field of Screams, all the innumerable high quality home haunts, and family haunts such as Live Steamers/Boney Island, etc.

I mean, by comparison, what local competition does Orlando even have? Maybe WDW, but that's more of a family event, a handful of independent haunts, and Hall O Scream, which is 2+ hours away.

Hollywood's event has A LOT of competition here in SoCal... Even though the different events have drastically varying budgets, the haunt events here support each other while also trying to one-up the other. Which is why we end up with haunt conventions like Monsterpalooza (woo can't wait for April 14th's HHN panel) & ScareLA..

And lets just remember that Orlando's event wouldn't exist if Hollywood hadn't attempted HHN in 1986, and that wouldn't have happened if it hadn't been for Knott's Scary Farm starting the haunt tradition.

And unlike Orlando, Hollywood's event believes in actual "sold out" nights rather than "every space of concrete needs to have a body filling it whether its hazardous or not".

Hollywood's event has A LOT of competition here in SoCal... Even though the different events have drastically varying budgets, the haunt events here support each other while also trying to one-up the other. Which is why we end up with haunt conventions like Monsterpalooza (woo can't wait for April 14th's HHN panel) & ScareLA..

And lets just remember that Orlando's event wouldn't exist if Hollywood hadn't attempted HHN in 1986, and that wouldn't have happened if it hadn't been for Knott's Scary Farm starting the haunt tradition.

And unlike Orlando, Hollywood's event believes in actual "sold out" nights rather than "every space of concrete needs to have a body filling it whether its hazardous or not".
I mean I feel like Orlando not selling out as much is because their capacity is waaaaay higher, just by virtue of the parks square footage, I do agree that they tend to let in too many people on sold out nights in orlando though.

Reactions: Kadath
Sold Out nights in Orlando were nothing like they are now. I saw the pics from last year of the holding areas & it was insane because it was never that bad when I lived there... but that was 5 years ago lol

Reactions: Kadath
Wait, hold up.....Did you just leak the rumor I was calling out by calling it a maze? :eek:ut: YIKES.

Anyways, I really really hope this isn't true! HHN would not do it the justice it deserves.

EDIT: No source has told me, I just felt the need to address the rumors and the fact that you shouldn't trust everything you read/hear.

Wait, hold up.....Did you just leak the rumor I was calling by calling it a maze? :eek:ut: YIKES.

Anyways, I really really hope this isn't true! HHN would not do it the justice it deserves.
I didn't say what the maze is. Could be anything. And I definitely didn't leak/hint 5 mazes already this year (Could be true could not). Or leak photos of inside HHN2018 but I'll stop I guess.

Going to take a guess, it relates to Ghostbusters.

I posted something in more of a blind thing, but if it is that; I don't entirely agree with it. It could work, if it was exclusive to Orlando. But to me, I just think that's an IP that Murdy and Aiello would not want to bring for the event.

It's more hypothetical for me in that field, but I would prefer if they do get it in the eventual; that they do something other than a maze.

Last edited:
I didn't say what the maze is. Could be anything. And I definitely didn't leak/hint 5 mazes already this year (Could be true could not). Or leak photos of inside HHN2018 but I'll stop I guess.

1. Yeah....but didn't you leak the 2016, 2017, and 2018 line-up?:rimshot:

2. Alright Justy

End of discussion, and putting you on mute.

EDIT: I have no source saying "Ghostbusters is coming!". But a few people DMed me asking if it was coming and I'm curious to hear ya'lls input.