Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Q/A Info (Not ST related):
- Murdy might drop something at Monsterpalooza

- All New Concept Scare Zones this year (He did confirm Original a month ago)

- There will be New Mazes this year that we haven't seen at the event.

- There is a Wacky Concept for the Tunnel Scare Zone this year

- ST isn't the Giveaway Maze (Obvious but wanted to say it here).

- Murdy would love to do the Original "The Thing"

- There may be another Maze announcement at Monsterpalooza

- Murdy doesn't know when the First Zone will be announced.

- "No...???? Not that it couldn’t happen in the future" in response to Twilight Zone Maze.

- Auditions may be earlier this year

- Murdy has seen "Us"

- There will be a New Element in the Zones.

- "I can say the fans always influence properties. Trick R Treat is a good example last year. That was for the fans who asked for it and there’s similar things this year"

- "You just might..." in response to "Yay! Hopefully we can see more original work in the future! Id love to see what you and chris come up with next!"

Last edited:
Reactions: Kadath
If we do get another announcement at Monsterpalooza it’ll have to be something that’s exclusive to us, which based off the speculated lineup of:

- Stranger Things 2
- Suspiria
- Blumhouse
- Holidayz in Hell
- Universal Classic Monsters 2.0
- The Walking Dead
- ?(likely a shared headliner)
- ?

Would have to be either one of the ?, Suspiria, UCM, or Holidayz

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say we get holidayz announced as a maze at monster palooza, his tweets hint too much at getting an original announcement there.

Wouldn't UCM 2.0 be a better choice for Monsterpalooza? Get rid of another maze announcement, in case Orlando does an original maze announcement around that time. And then save our Original(s) for like around the time the website launches and Murdy can do that major tweet storm he did last year when he explained Terror tram and all the scare zone concepts after the website had just launched.

Wouldn't UCM 2.0 be a better choice for Monsterpalooza? Get rid of another maze announcement, in case Orlando does an original maze announcement around that time. And then save our Original(s) for like around the time the website launches and Murdy can do that major tweet storm he did last year when he explained Terror tram and all the scare zone concepts after the website had just launched.
Here's the thing about that they didn't announce UCM at Monsterpalooza last year. And I don't believe they would save a Original maze for a website. If it was Holidayz with how popular and well liked it is they can talk about it in great detail or some detail and talk about how great it is and such. It would be a bigger surprise as well.

Reactions: Guygas

^Why the hell are we starting a week AFTER Orlando when the past several years we've started the same day. Sure, its great to say the event is opening on "Friday the 13th", but when the haunt next door owns that IP, it doesn't exactly have the same dramatic effect. I'm hoping they bump up opening night to the 6th.

If we do get another announcement at Monsterpalooza it’ll have to be something that’s exclusive to us:

- The Walking Dead
Um yea no.. they're not going to waste an announcement on a pre-existing attraction that everyone already knows will be open during the event. The only way this would happen is if they drastically made changes to it, which they won't. So yea... no.

Um yea no.. they're not going to waste an announcement on a pre-existing attraction that everyone already knows will be open during the event. The only way this would happen is if they drastically made changes to it, which they won't. So yea... no.

I was just listing what was on the speculated lineup for this year and what they could announce at Monsterpalooza, not what they’ll announce down the line since they never announce TWD.

Reactions: Dr. Herbert West
^Why the hell are we starting a week AFTER Orlando when the past several years we've started the same day. Sure, its great to say the event is opening on "Friday the 13th", but when the haunt next door owns that IP, it doesn't exactly have the same dramatic effect. I'm hoping they bump up opening night to the 6th.

I'd say for a few reasons:

1. Orlando is the premier event. Has the mileage, the years, the reputation...
2. Crowds are issues for both, but obviously, Orlando has a bigger need to handle them ATM. They have the research that probably points to Hollywood not needing an extra weekend just yet.
3. I'm sure planning 2 huge media events on the same night can be a bit daunting, and I could see where Universal doesn't want each event to overshadow one another.
4. Seems like Orlando area parks are starting to move up their Halloween event dates to begin earlier than ever. Disney's Not So Scary now starts mid-Aug.

If we do get another announcement at Monsterpalooza it’ll have to be something that’s exclusive to us, which based off the speculated lineup of:

- Stranger Things 2
- Suspiria
- Blumhouse
- Holidayz in Hell
- Universal Classic Monsters 2.0
- The Walking Dead
- ?(likely a shared headliner)
- ?

Would have to be either one of the ?, Suspiria, UCM, or Holidayz
No Hill House? Is that off the table or it's still rumored? Hill House could be announced to reveal another Netflix property, and build more hype.

No Hill House? Is that off the table or it's still rumored? Hill House could be announced to reveal another Netflix property, and build more hype.

Pretty sure that's still coming, although it's a pretty big shock to me that Hill House missed out on the soundstage. I'd of thought it needed the most effects of all the mazes.

Pretty sure that's still coming, although it's a pretty big shock to me that Hill House missed out on the soundstage. I'd of thought it needed the most effects of all the mazes.
I feel like it will be what will soon replace Stranger Things, I mean it's like what with AHS and The Walking Dead, but The Walking Dead was making it's exit, I feel like they are doing 2/3 maze is because they might have a full circle house next year for Stranger Things have it be the last and then Haunting will move in to take it's replace for the next few years.

When I first heard the date was April 13 instead I was like “What...Why!?”. But it makes sense for all the reasons why:

1) It will save them money and time so they are not rushed and Universal doesn’t have one huge event night for both parks
2) Orlando has a bigger event then Hollywood
3) Orlando has bigger crowds then Hollywood
4) The Orlando reputation is a BIG event
5) Orlando has more competition then
Hollywood(Disney, Scream A Geddon, HOS, etc.)

When I first heard the date was April 13 instead I was like “What...Why!?”. But it makes sense for all the reasons why:

5) Orlando has more competition then
Hollywood(Disney, Scream A Geddon, HOS, etc.)

IDK about that one. USH has to compete with Disney, Queen Mary, Knott's, Six Flags, with Legoland and SW San Diego a bit more south.

IDK about that one. USH has to compete with Disney, Queen Mary, Knott's, Six Flags, with Legoland and SW San Diego a bit more south.
And USH will still open before all those.

Most of Orlando's space goes unused the rest of the year so they can push up the start. Hollywood has to wait to get access to most of their sites. I remember seeing a guy BTS working on one of the wolves in TrT (I could see his shadow) on the first Sunday.

I'm ok with a 9/13 start.

And USH will still open before all those.

Most of Orlando's space goes unused the rest of the year so they can push up the start. Hollywood has to wait to get access to most of their sites. I remember seeing a guy BTS working on one of the wolves in TrT (I could see his shadow) on the first Sunday.

I'm ok with a 9/13 start.

Bingo. They didn't really get to start building Stranger Things until they were like... a month and a half out? It was something crazy.