Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 564 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This picture just doesn’t look right to me. A rocky cave popping up in the middle of sidewalks with no trees directly around it.

Not to mention the surrounding areas have minimal trees as well. It just looks way too barren and clean to me when in my mind it should be more like this.
06_kaintuck_natural_tunnel-north_entrance.jpg

image.jpg

That was the photo that stood out to me. I can't tell if they're using an incredible camera or spent a long time in lightroom as it looks more like a render than real life, credit to the photographer.

The thing is, those small bushes are just planted and will grow. It will fill the area and take away the perfect edge of the pathway.

My real concern lies with the path, it looks too perfect but there's still over 2 months to go and these photos are from a helicopter, they could look completely different closer up.

Reactions: HPFred and Felipe
Tall mountainsides are know for their flat fields. My mistake.

The point is there are immersion breaking things on every ride you will almost assuredly not notice when you're on it because *they don't matter when you are having fun*.
At the base, sure there could be a field. Which is where you go after the drop.
great-mountain-field-wallpaper.jpg

Here’s one in the Himalayas.
depositphotos_197070322-stock-video-flower-field-himalayan-mountain-background.jpg

Reactions: HPFred and Andysol
The “mountain” is only 199 feet. Expecting a real near 30,000 foot mountain to be built by man vs. some more trees and foliage around a damn rock cave is nowhere near the same thing. If you think it is, well... :crazy:

No, that wasn't my point at all. My point was if you're looking to be disappointed by something, you're gonna find it. Relax and have some damn fun. Everything has to be nitpicked to death here any more.

No, that wasn't my point at all. My point was if you're looking to be disappointed by something, you're gonna find it. Relax and have some damn fun. Everything has to be nitpicked to death here any more.
Then why such a defensive attitude at the mere suggestion of adding more foliage? It’s not like it would detract from anything.

Reactions: HPFred and therock
Then why such a defensive attitude at the mere suggestion of adding more foliage? It’s not like it would detract from anything.

This is literally the same conversation that happened with the beginning part of Everest back in '06. Then everything grew in over a year or two and it's literally never brought up again.

Give nature some time to work, dude.

I think Everest is probably better themed than this but it’s an unfair comparison for a few reasons.

This is a far more intense affair.

Everest seems like it was themed around the coaster. This is a coaster themed around the ruins and forest.

Everest probably had a great magnitude bigger budget. (This isn’t an excuse but just the reality of it)

Anyone else notice the mini mural in the new photos? In case there was any question as to whether or not we’ll be going up the spiral backwards, here’s your proof: an adorable mini mural!

Hagrids-Spiral-Mini-Mural.jpg

I think they’re using forced perspective here since you’ll be looking straight up at it. It looks a little wonky from this angle but from the riders POV, it will look great.

Edit: Apologies for the double post.

The above is the most important thing to consider. We're only seeing the path right now from a bird's eye view above. We should reserve judgement until anyone has actually ridden the ride and can comment if it's even in view from the ride vehicle once everything is complete.
Okay, so anyone who minds the uncovered paths can go visit Forbidden Journey, Kong, or Hulk. I will, with great reluctance, ride this coaster in your place and take one for the team. That is me trying to help. When riding coasters, I rarely have time to notice a path while flying along. The Beast at Kings Island has a section where I notice the drive for vehicles in the woods but that is a slow part, has a wider clearing, and I've ridden the coaster so many times that I basically know it blindfolded. I will also admit that I've tried to make Mrs. Skibum look at the changes in the lake's depth while going up Millennium Force's first hill but she refuses to do so.

Regarding the foliage, I'd expect that Florida's growing season produces faster and lusher growth (assuming normal rainfall) than what we see up north. With the types of trees that were planted, this coaster will grow in quickly.

Only a problem for Disney's gondolas which are going to broil people in the summertime (if you listen to those complaints). I mean, yeah, the Skrewt's could start a fire but that is part of the thrill of visiting the Dark Forest. Just remember to bring your wand and keep saying "Aquamenti" repeatedly.
One time our monorail just froze on the tracks for a couple minutes and it got really really hot and nasty inside.

Reactions: truejonas

This.

On every ride, no matter how immersive, I'm sure you can find something to break the immersion if you're looking hard enough for it.

On FJ, if I lean far forwards and look far left or far right, as opposed to looking at what's in front of me, I can see the next or previous ride vehicle.......

As I'm riding past fluffy, I'll choose to look at Fluffy as opposed to looking down over the edge of the motorcycle to intentionally look for a maintenance path, assuming you can even see it from that position on the ride vehicle, and it hasn't been blocked from view.

Anyone else notice the mini mural in the new photos? In case there was any question as to whether or not we’ll be going up the spiral backwards, here’s your proof: an adorable mini mural!

Hagrids-Spiral-Mini-Mural.jpg

I love it! I'm a reformed mural hater after Kong's mural changed my mind on them. This looks just as great. Love the depth they've created... The more realistic, the better in my eyes. Really, really awesome!

Okay, so anyone who minds the uncovered paths can go visit Forbidden Journey, Kong, or Hulk.

Yeah... if you don't want to see ugly paths when riding a coaster, ride Hulk. :lmao:

View attachment 9279
Looks like they're building a little dock/pier under the end of launch 2, which explains this permit

The shear size of that Abby. Absolutely jaw-dropping work there. I wouldn't have thought about it, but I suppose a nice dilapidated pier might look interesting there. Can't wait to see what other tiny little things they add here and there to improve it even further. The street lamps that @Disneyhead pegged early on are fantastic as well.

Weird how no one ever complains about how Everest...

This is literally the same conversation that happened with the beginning part of Everest back in '06.

:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.