Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 563 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If those paths aren't covered, I think this is going to be like the back of the volcano all over again.

My suggestion?

Bark covered paths.

09846d99482a5be14922c907a16bb33a.jpg

It's authentic (Pretty much every park has it in Scotland), it's cheap and it looks great.

It also allows for very distinctive and easily recognisable pathways should an emergency arise.

I believe this would be a fire hazard.

Hard to say something can be done when we have no clue if that’s right. So saying they definitely could put down mulch is incorrect because who knows what’s allowed.

.....Aerials throw off perspective so much. Being ground level and in a ride vehicle is significantly different.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the only time you were even able to see that pathway is from the lower track in front of Fluffy. And with that, you can see they’ve hidden it with stonework and fluffy himself. It might be a complete non-issue.

If stuff like that actually is noticeable after you’ve ridden it, make a complaint.....

The above is the most important thing to consider. We're only seeing the path right now from a bird's eye view above. We should reserve judgement until anyone has actually ridden the ride and can comment if it's even in view from the ride vehicle once everything is complete.

Mulch on top of a poured concrete path makes no sense. If they were going to mulch they would have left if compact dirt or pea gravel.
That’s what I would have hoped for. I really don’t get why we’re not allowed to raise concerns. I know it’s early and things can change but why can’t we comment on the current state of things?
The above is the most important thing to consider. We're only seeing the path right now from a bird's eye view above. We should reserve judgement until anyone has actually ridden the ride and can comment if it's even in view from the ride vehicle once everything is complete.
I get that but that area around Fluffy in particular doesn’t look like it’ll easily go away with time. It looks like footpaths around a zoo enclosure with the fence missing as I’ve pointed out before.

Reactions: BrenRays
*walks in*
*sees people complaining about pathways*
*leaves*

Okay, so anyone who minds the uncovered paths can go visit Forbidden Journey, Kong, or Hulk. I will, with great reluctance, ride this coaster in your place and take one for the team. That is me trying to help. When riding coasters, I rarely have time to notice a path while flying along. The Beast at Kings Island has a section where I notice the drive for vehicles in the woods but that is a slow part, has a wider clearing, and I've ridden the coaster so many times that I basically know it blindfolded. I will also admit that I've tried to make Mrs. Skibum look at the changes in the lake's depth while going up Millennium Force's first hill but she refuses to do so.

Regarding the foliage, I'd expect that Florida's growing season produces faster and lusher growth (assuming normal rainfall) than what we see up north. With the types of trees that were planted, this coaster will grow in quickly.

Only a problem for Disney's gondolas which are going to broil people in the summertime (if you listen to those complaints). I mean, yeah, the Skrewt's could start a fire but that is part of the thrill of visiting the Dark Forest. Just remember to bring your wand and keep saying "Aquamenti" repeatedly.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have grass areas at Disney that are designated fire lanes/access roads (Grand Floridian among others), so it is possible they could make it something more natural, but it has to be hard packed and accessible.

Reactions: Mike S
Hello everyone! Long time, no post...

So, I'm sure most here share my feelings of excitement and basically obsession over these new attractions, especially attractions within the Wizarding World. We're following this closer than anyone and we will obviously nitpick in our obsession. It doesn't mean the attraction is bad or at all ruined by certain details we may notice. People just need to get off their high horses and stop throwing stones in glass houses. Everyone complains, and complaining about the complaining... is still complaining (and hypocritical to boot).

I said this on Twitter, but I stand by my nitpicking and hope that they stain the walkways to blend in better with the forest. I know this isn't the finished product and agree with @Alicia that if they're gonna stain/theme these, it'll probably be at the end stages, once most construction people/equipment traffic ceases. I hope they do it as it would just look better.

With that said, here are more pics to obsess over!! :grin: Amazing Photos Reveal New Details for Hagrid’s Motorbike Coaster – Orlando ParkStop

Having a quick look on Google and you're right. I thought maybe rubber mulch might be better but that's apparently far worse.

This is all speculation at this point anyway and like others have said, it needs a year or two to really grow into what it's intended to be.

Most of the visible paths seem to be before you enter the forest and it'snot uncommon for these abbey's to have beautifully manicured landscapes (you just need to look at old photos of Alton Towers to see a prime example) but if the abbey is in ruins and this place is supposed to be abandoned, having weeds and moss growing over the path ways would be a nice touch of extra theming.

Except it’s not crazy. You just think it is.

My main complaint is mostly the area around Fluffy anyway which doesn’t really have much trees around it to “grow in"

I have to say most of the time im not on board with you but this was a thought i had before you even said it. However i will wait and see until the ride opens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike S
This picture just doesn’t look right to me. A rocky cave popping up in the middle of sidewalks with no trees directly around it.

Not to mention the surrounding areas have minimal trees as well. It just looks way too barren and clean to me when in my mind it should be more like this.
06_kaintuck_natural_tunnel-north_entrance.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.