Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 562 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind-of is worrying me, strangely, is the hole just after Launch 3 that exposes what's beneath. I'm just hoping that gets remedied by opening in some shape, either by maybe having it covered by a themed door to hide it. Incredibly nitpicky, sure; but I do have hope that gets touched on.

I don’t think that’s an issue at all and it’s just a product of an overhead shot at the wrong angle. The angle is from above and top right. You’ll be going the opposite direction so even if they did nothing and I told you to look for it, you still wouldn’t notice while you’re riding. It’s a complete non-issue.

Really? All those clear sidewalks and nice clean lawns? Where was this in the movies?

Before anyone says it I was similarly disappointed when I first entered Pandora expecting a forest because that’s what they said it would be. I know there’s limitations but come on. They don’t need to be this far from the concept.
I can see that. But let’s keep in mind they literally just poured it and planted everything. Although I did chuckle when @devinp267 called it “Forbidden Forest State Park” :lol:

I have full trust in UC when they’re with JKR/WB.

RI is back with some more stunning pictures of HMCMA (?).

Make sure to drop a like on his Tweets as getting this content is not an easy task..

A bunch of Pumpkins. Certainly wasn’t expecting that.

Really? All those clear sidewalks and nice clean lawns? Where was this in the movies?

Before anyone says it I was similarly disappointed when I first entered Pandora expecting a forest because that’s what they said it would be. I know there’s limitations but come on. They don’t need to be this far from the concept.
Given what they have to work with and that they have to install access paths I think they did a nice job blending it all together. It will look even better when it matures as other posters have pointed out. This ride doesn’t exist in the movies :shrug: it exists in a theme park.

Reactions: Andysol
I just realized something after rewatching the promo. At the end it shows Hagrid zoom by followed by the motorbike train. So that makes me think maybe the blast ended skrewt is only partly to blame for the hole in Hagrid's hut. Maybe just like the dragon in gringotts, a spell is gonna tether us to Hagrid and he'll go first. Like an accio tourists spell.

Reactions: tankart150
And now we're complaining about a theme park ride having access paths.

I came out and made a case that things aren’t grown in and that it’s ok.

Can we please not simply discount someone else’s opinion as being just “dumb” because you think it is? Criticisms are fine and valid. Plenty of people here thought no mural was needed on the other side of Hogsmeade station and others complained. Now we’re all looking at a well-done mural.

While the “plantings” debate is a bit unfair as they will grow in and we’ll be able to judge it later; I can agree that the concrete could look better and more aged. Via acid wash or stain. Is that not a valid complaint?

I’m of the opinion it likely won’t matter in the slightest when you’re on the ride. We’ll see as no one has ridden it yet.

That said, Universal could still easily change the concrete’s appearance. And if they do, then Universal agrees with those complaining and not you or I.

I came out and made a case that things aren’t grown in and that it’s ok.

Can we please not simply discount someone else’s opinion as being just “dumb” because you think it is? Criticisms are fine and valid. Plenty of people here thought no mural was needed on the other side of Hogsmeade station and others complained. Now we’re all looking at a well-done mural.

While the “plantings” debate is a bit unfair as they will grow in and we’ll be able to judge it later; I can agree that the concrete could look better and more aged. Via acid wash or stain. Is that not a valid complaint?

I’m of the opinion it likely won’t matter in the slightest when you’re on the ride. We’ll see as no one has ridden it yet.

That said, Universal could still easily change the concrete’s appearance. And if they do, then Universal agrees with those complaining and not you or I.
I had mentioned on Twitter that I wonder if they may stain some of the pathway green like the bridges, and maybe they're just waiting until after they're done using them so much and carting equipment over them. Maybe not all of them, as the sandy look works too, but I could see some of the ones near the back getting the green treatment. Maybe.

I had mentioned on Twitter that I wonder if they may stain some of the pathway green like the bridges, and maybe they're just waiting until after they're done using them so much and carting equipment over them. Maybe not all of them, as the sandy look works too, but I could see some of the ones near the back getting the green treatment. Maybe.

Right. And that’s only if it’s needed. Aerials throw off perspective so much. Being ground level and in a ride vehicle is significantly different.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the only time you were even able to see that pathway is from the lower track in front of Fluffy. And with that, you can see they’ve hidden it with stonework and fluffy himself. It might be a complete non-issue.

If stuff like that actually is noticeable after you’ve ridden it, make a complaint to guest services on their survey. If they get a few dozen and can simply acid wash it for minimal cost, they will.

This ride is going to be mind blowing. I’m beyond excited.

Is there a Florida regulation that access roads can’t be themed and must be easily recognized for emergencies?

Unsure. They’ve clearly stained/painted the pathways at the top of both exit stairs to look like stone. So I don’t think so, but maybe “ground level” is different?

It would need time to cure if they do plan to acid wash or stain. I was surprised they didn't just mix color (pigment) right into the concrete.

I am not sure a good way to explain it but these aren't actually theming, just different ways concrete can be finished. It'd still be clear where the path was for those who needed to use it.

Also people, please stop trying to twist it around into complaints that access paths need to exist.

If those paths aren't covered, I think this is going to be like the back of the volcano all over again.

My suggestion?

Bark covered paths.

09846d99482a5be14922c907a16bb33a.jpg

It's authentic (Pretty much every park has it in Scotland), it's cheap and it looks great.

It also allows for very distinctive and easily recognisable pathways should an emergency arise.

If those paths aren't covered, I think this is going to be like the back of the volcano all over again.

My suggestion?

Bark covered paths.

09846d99482a5be14922c907a16bb33a.jpg

It's authentic (Pretty much every park has it in Scotland), it's cheap and it looks great.

It also allows for very distinctive and easily recognisable pathways should an emergency arise.
And some people act like it can’t be done better or that we’re crazy for suggesting it could be.

*casually points upward*

Status
Not open for further replies.