Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Hopefully) last bit about Pathway-gate 2019: Do not bet against UC/WBC/JKR. They are undefeated.

I'll bet any visible path ends up looking like this:

Hagrids-Ruins-detail.jpg

(Photo Cred via Reverse Imagineering via @Alicia)

Side note: Holy F that rock work and moss work is beautiful.

(Hopefully) last bit about Pathway-gate 2019: Do not bet against UC/WBC/JKR. They are undefeated.

Hagrids-Ruins-detail.jpg

That was one of my favorite shots.

Btw, I have the full res zoomed out pics in case anyone has requests to see something closer. I did best I could to pick out obvious cool stuff in the article of course.

IDK, I was speculating on the color of concrete. The responses were along the lines of it's impossible to change it (incorrect), and it still isn't done yet (so open for speculation). Ironically these objections are actually in conflict with each other. IDK why people are getting upset about the discussion, but twisting around what was said doesn't add anything to the discussion.

Now a firetruck isn't going to squeeze around under the tracks. For this their insurance carrier may actually have sterner rules then the local codes, like trip hazards and they may need to be able to get a stretcher in there. So I do not see covering it with mulch or another loose material as a viable option.

Again IDK why they didn't just use a color in the concrete (super simple). One possible option is if they wanted to do something more involved after (still not super complex, concrete is acid washed or stained everyday).

That was one of my favorite shots.

Btw, I have the full res zoomed out pics in case anyone has requests to see something closer. I did best I could to pick out obvious cool stuff in the article of course.

I also enjoyed seeing some of the new props and details that are popping up now, like this cart full of barrels and things...

Hagrids-Street-Sign-cart.jpg

Also down here you can see a little greenhouse (right under the pumpkins, behind the arch), maybe filled with Mandrakes or even Venomous Tentacula?! Fun, fun!!

Hagrids-firstscene.jpg

Hagrids-Ruins-detail.jpg

See? It’s not that hard to make this look good.

Hagrids-Ruins-detail.jpg

That color is fine if they do all paths like that but as of now, no bro im sorry.

Sorry if it was already answered but what it that thing in the water at the lower part of the photo?
4e487fb5-dd41-4eed-8d2c-0c694e09ab23-jpeg.9279
The wooden thing? It's a temporary bridge/pier for workers to cross the stream easily without having to walk all the way around.

No matter how great this ride is, it’s still going to get a lot of crap for these sightlines. The drop track show building will eventually be blocked by tree growth, but not so sure about the sound barrier. Does anyone know if Universal could take it down?
10918105-9F51-411C-8CF7-04937A435C51.jpeg CE7860A6-BE41-47E2-A3EC-AC195147950F.jpeg6BE5C891-27FE-4D41-8E72-804A905AB15F.jpeg
(From Reverse Imagineering’s 3D model)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.