Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

so the rumored lineup is this
- Stranger Things (Confirmed)
- Ghostbusters
- Holidayz in Hell
- Suspiria
- Mexican Original
- Universal Classic Monsters 2
out of these, i think holidayz fits the most. the music of 30’s crooner Al Bowlly and carpet design patterns from the 1970’s can be used for the new years scene. and the musical/dance number “Triplets” from the 1953 movie The Band Wagon (and 1937 play “Between the Devil”) can be used for the elves in the christmas room.
Man this lineup looks awesome as hell.
- Stranger Things and UCM2, two of the best mazes returning from last year.
- Ghostbusters, a unique ip because of its more comedy and little bit of horror, but this will be the headliner for sure because.... well it's Ghostbusters.
- Two originals that are really interesting. Mexican original is the one im really interested in.
- Suspiria, all though it may not be popular, its still a classic, and hopefully this maze can give the movie some popularity.
Edit: Rumors in Orlando about Hellraiser are back. Exclusive or nah?

I don't wanna sound rude but this is how I see some of this speculation over the last 4 years of me watching various threads.

"This movie would make a cool maze. Someone mentioned it 6 years ago."
"OMG yes!"

Rumored lineup:
That one maze that guy said would be a cool maze.

I am on the same train as some of the others thinking the themes have to be things that the GP overall knows about. Obscurity doesn't work for drawing in crowds, especially when some of the primary complaints every other year is how poor attendance is, etc. I consider myself a horror connoisseur like many of you and nobody in my huge circle has heard of Suspiria (I have watched the trailer and I will find it....looks...interesting, but not scary. I'll report back when I see it though.)

Having said that, I do enjoy speculation, I'm just always really curious where many of these possibilities come from because they don't make sense to me.

I don't wanna sound rude but this is how I see some of this speculation over the last 4 years of me watching various threads.

"OMG yes!"

Rumored lineup:

I am on the same train as some of the others thinking the themes have to be things that the GP overall knows about. Obscurity doesn't work for drawing in crowds, especially when some of the primary complaints every other year is how poor attendance is, etc. I consider myself a horror connoisseur like many of you and nobody in my huge circle has heard of Suspiria (I have watched the trailer and I will find it....looks...interesting, but not scary. I'll report back when I see it though.)

Having said that, I do enjoy speculation, I'm just always really curious where many of these possibilities come from because they don't make sense to me.

My personal rule for “obscure” IPs is that you need a headliner “main” IP to balance it out. How do you bring the over 10 year old Trick R Treat film to HHN? You have Stranger Things. And on and on.

I consider myself a horror connoisseur like many of you and nobody in my huge circle has heard of Suspiria
Yeah same boat here. I just don't see Suspiria coming but I do enjoy seeing how the dots are connected.

I really never thought The Wall was coming but I could see where the speculation came from.

"OMG yes!"

Rumored lineup:

First of all, there are two versions of Suspiria. The original is a 1977 Italian horror classic based in the nightmare-logic that Dario Argento is famous for. The sequel is a 2018 film is a complex and unnerving film about guilt and believing others (particularly women.) The latter is more story-driven with moments of body horror while the former is much akin to Psycho in that it might not scare you, but it’s a classic.

Second, most speculation that ends up sticking comes from those who have a track record of knowing people. Some stuff that gets mentioned at the beginning sticks initially, but then fades away once more information is divulged. See: KKFOS in Orlando. Everyone was saying how obvious it would be to have that be a house. It stuck around in speculation until about two or three weeks ago, which is when we found out that “Cotton” was an original, not an IP.

First of all, there are two versions of Suspiria. The original is a 1977 Italian horror classic based in the nightmare-logic that Dario Argento is famous for. The sequel is a 2018 film is a complex and unnerving film about guilt and believing others (particularly women.) The latter is more story-driven with moments of body horror while the former is much akin to Psycho in that it might not scare you, but it’s a classic.

Second, most speculation that ends up sticking comes from those who have a track record of knowing people. Some stuff that gets mentioned at the beginning sticks initially, but then fades away once more information is divulged. See: KKFOS in Orlando. Everyone was saying how obvious it would be to have that be a house. It stuck around in speculation until about two or three weeks ago, which is when we found out that “Cotton” was an original, not an IP.

Also from an Orlando standpoint considering we may end up with Pumpkinhead, Suspiria feels just a bit more realistic.

So I just got an email that says that Warner Brothers Horror Made Here event isn’t happening this year...Does this mean we could potentially have access to some of their properties for this year?

So I just got an email that says that Warner Brothers Horror Made Here event isn’t happening this year...Does this mean we could potentially have access to some of their properties for this year?

Probably not this year, at least.

Still, would be huge for '20/30 and beyond if so. Wasn't it (the event, not the movie) moderately successful?

Last edited:
Yea, sadly WB's haunt is NOT returning this year. But they mentioned it is due to upcoming announcements. Besides, they currently have their huge photo-op horror thing in Hollywood right now. To be fair, as disappointing as this news is... I'd rather they use all of what they learned from last year to make the event even better next year. Besides, its not like Universal didn't have a hiatus 3 times..

Time to put on the tinfoil hats, but wouldn’t it be crazy if these tweets were in reference to the conjuring. He’s confirmed he tried to do it in the past but it fell through, so no one would expect it’s coming, but a window opened(horror made here not happening) and they could gonna reuse the conjuring maze murdy wrote back in 2017.

I sure as hell hope so. I'd prefer IT, the timing would be especially great with Chapter 2 coming out, but The Conjuring would definitely awesome as well.
Thank God we've opened back up the possibilities of WB properties, that strong hold on them was brutal and ultimately not worth it. Imagine last year if we didn't have First Purge and had IT or Conjuring instead? Would've been a much better year instantly.
Also would love to see Uni take a crack at Arkham Asylum, something that actually looks like the game. Just dance on that grave, Murdy!!!

I wouldn't hold my breath on WB properties coming back to HHN just yet, they're only taking one year off and it seems like that's happening because of studio enhancements. It just doesn't make sense for them to give away what little exclusivity they have just like that.

The money they could make from licensing though... if Murdy is talking about windows opening up as soon as 5 days ago, I think it's VERY possible! Also mazes have known to be changed up until June/July.

The way he responds to the tweet makes me think he won’t be abandoning any of the current properties lined up for this year in favor of trying to get a WB one. Anything can happen. But I find it unlikely