Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that we have this, I’ve noticed a few previously unknown things:
1) No stop at Fluffy, rather a quick peak
2) Vehicle does not stop and hold before the spike waiting for the track to switch
3) It looks like the ride will be around 3 minutes
3) Softs in May????... :eek:O:

Now that we have this, I’ve noticed a few previously unknown things:
1) No stop at Fluffy, rather a quick peak
2) Vehicle does not stop and hold before the spike waiting for the track to switch
3) It looks like the ride will be around 3 minutes
3) Softs in May????... :eek:O:
Softs in May. Hope your thinking is right. I've been saying that ever since they extended May 2019 operating hours (about 4 months ago) hours longer than any past years. I've always guessed that was the plan if no operating obstacles popped up.

Last edited:
Softs in May. Hope you're thinking is right. I've been saying that ever since they extended May 2019 operating hours (about 4 months ago) hours longer than any past years. I've always guessed that was the plan if no operating obstacles popped up.

There's still a lot to be done, I'm not sure how complete the show build or queue are yet. I think this will still be a close call.

Very cool! Did it look like a slight glimpse of an animatronic right by the opening of the hole in the hut?
I was definitely thinking the same thing. I can imagine Hagrid leading us to the giant hole in the wall and pointing us on to our adventure. Like the mummy as we pass him.

The coaster covered a lot of ground in 60 seconds

I’m thinking 2:30 mins total.
Time in Hagrid's Barn/Hut and the Drop section are the big unknowns at this point in time. We'll be able to guess estimate a time better once we see those segments in testing. It sure did cover a lot of track in that 60 second segment. It's definitely not a slow coaster.

I’m down there in 40 days. Not getting my hopes up at all, but maybe I’ll get lucky. I think this one might be pretty close to the wire, with just a couple days to spare, unfortunately.

Keeping my fingers crossed for ya (and for me, lol)! The sooner, the better! I can't wait to ride it!

I like the enthusiasm, but 10x to see all the details? I don't think so...

You're right... 10x is not nearly enough times ;-P

Taking a bet that Robbie and Tom Felton are involved in some way.

I can't imagine how Felton's involvement goes anywhere past promotional stuff. I think having him is just to diversify a bit, since they almost always have Weasley twins. It's nice to see some other faces for a change!

I'm still hoping and praying for some Luna time, since she loves animals and nature so much and eventually she becomes a full blown magizoologist... Even just a small musion effect and explanation for what we're doing from a "teacher's assistant" position would suffice.
I really wish she could have been a part not just now but long time ago, Her personality is perfect for the rides.

THIS. SO MUCH, THIS.

Stabilised footage:

Thanks so much for the stabilized vid! Someone should buy Bio one of those stabilizing gimbals; he deserves it after all the content he's provided for us lol.

Btw, I'm extremely curious (and slightly worried--please don't come for me) about that whole area in front of Fluffy. Those three green boxes might get hidden by the flora eventually, but I don't think that building's side with the door facing Fluffy will ever be covered cause the door and path are right there... Hopefully it's not that noticeable as we zoom past it. Most curious is a wood boxy structure just past that, right before Fluffy. Could that hold another AA? Maybe a Centaur there? I'm perplexed as to where we'll see Centaurs or Pixies, if at all, on the ride... Maybe they're just part of the queue? Hmm...

EDIT: I cropped one of Bio's pics to show what I mean:

vLjo6z5.jpg

Last edited:
You guys have to realize this is just testing, they are cycling... It will definitely stop once maybe twice. Each time it stops is another train on the track for capacity.

It will have the ability to stop however I do not see that being part of a standard ride cycle. We're at that time now where they will be testing the standard cycle rather than just throwing it through.

....and hey who is really coming face to face with anything in that forest and hanging around :lol:.

Keeping my fingers crossed for ya (and for me, lol)! The sooner, the better! I can't wait to ride it!

You're right... 10x is not nearly enough times ;-P

I can't imagine how Felton's involvement goes anywhere past promotional stuff. I think having him is just to diversify a bit, since they almost always have Weasley twins. It's nice to see some other faces for a change!

THIS. SO MUCH, THIS.

Thanks so much for the stabilized vid! Someone should buy Bio one of those stabilizing gimbals; he deserves it after all the content he's provided for us lol.

Btw, I'm extremely curious (and slightly worried--please don't come for me) about that whole area in front of Fluffy. Those three green boxes might get hidden by the flora eventually, but I don't think that building's side with the door facing Fluffy will ever be covered cause the door and path are right there... Hopefully it's not that noticeable as we zoom past it. Most curious is a wood boxy structure just past that, right before Fluffy. Could that hold another AA? Maybe a Centaur there? I'm perplexed as to where we'll see Centaurs or Pixies, if at all, on the ride... Maybe they're just part of the queue? Hmm...

EDIT: I cropped one of Bio's pics to show what I mean:

vLjo6z5.jpg
Concerning the green boxes & door, until the foliage matures, they could just slide some moveable planters with tall shrubs in them to obstruct the view.

Status
Not open for further replies.