Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios) | Page 239 | Inside Universal Forums

Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge (Disney's Hollywood Studios)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
1543920957741-Screen-Shot-2018-12-04-at-105542.png

I think people are making way too big a deal. Standby won’t be offered because there’s no where to setup a line in Disneyland. They’ll use a paper reservation ticket like WWOHP did.

And I doubt the limiting time will ever come into play. No matter how good the land is, tha vast majority of people won’t just camp there all day, because that’s not how people visit theme parks

I don't agree with that for SW folks. However, only having one ride at first, which will limit entry to the land, will limit the crowds immensely.

I, umm, appreciate the attempt at authenticity?...

Like, wow, if that's true, this is a major screw up and so many people that want to turn their money over will be turned away because Disney didn't build a big enough bar. Get ready to rope drop the Cantina, I guess.

Like, wow, if that's true, this is a major screw up and so many people that want to turn their money over will be turned away because Disney didn't build a big enough bar. Get ready to rope drop the Cantina, I guess.

Unfortunately you'll be swept from the land before you can get in. Better luck next time!

How did Disney not get that people - lots of people! - would want to experience the cantina? Or build a custom lightsaber? The capacity for these experiences (if accurate) is preposterously low, and I can easily envision lots of unhappy guests, especially before the land is actually complete.

Imagine waiting in line for Smuggler's Run for a couple hours, then either having to wait hours to get into the cantina or miss it, and then being denied entry to the lightsaber shop because you didn't realize you needed to reserve a spot ahead of time.

Even the cantina in the original STAR WARS (which, no, is not technically the same one in the park) could certainly hold more than 30 people.

Reactions: HPFred and Dhdhddh
Wait, I didn't think the cantina had a sit-down restaurant portion. Or is he talking about the Docking Bay? I can't imagine Disney would open the land without the primary food service location.

No sit down restaurant has been announced so I figured the sit down section of the Cantina had been cut entirely from the plans. But this makes it sound like it’s still coming, just not at opening. If so, that would explain why the bar has such low capacity... It’s similar to something like the Tune-In Lounge attached to 50’s Prime Time Diner at DHS.

As far as I know, the quick service, Docking Bay 7, will be ready at opening though.

That makes more sense.

Still an unreasonable capacity at the cantina and elsewhere, though! It's like Disney's actively trying to irritate guests on the day, unless they've got some better plan we're not privy to.

That makes more sense.

Still an unreasonable capacity at the cantina and elsewhere, though! It's like Disney's actively trying to irritate guests on the day, unless they've got some better plan we're not privy to.
If they are planning to open a sit down restaurant adjacent to the bar in the cantina, I would’ve waited till it was ready before opening the bar. But that’s me.