Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are we going to transition from being above water to then going underwater and then going back above water? Or is the aquarium raised above ground?

There really wasnt any realistic way they could make the Mosasaur without screens. The underwater tunnel is in line with concept art for the JW movie. If the reverse section could be added to this scene like Alicia said, I think it would make it much more interesting

I don’t mind this for that reason but if they start using screens when they could be using AAs and have used them in the past, that’s when I see problems arising.

Yeah, structurally and pacing-wise, it would be kind of weird to have that "Welcome" moment anywhere other than the first scene, but I guess anything's possible.

I think a standalone aquarium-style show/viewing area could be a nifty B-ticket type experience. Hollywood probably doesn't have space for that anywhere but on the ride, but in IOA, I'd be totally cool with such a thing being added independent of River Adventure.

I have always thought the area in front of the Discovery Center in IOA was perfect for a future Mosasaur Attraction. The portion overlooking the Lagoon lends itself to the use of some form of AA, whether it was just a tail breaching the water or something to that effect. Now that we are getting the Coaster in that location I feel this could still be possible if it is in fact JW themed. Just imagine the Coaster skimming the water with a Mosasaur next to it. The concrete portion in the front is very reminiscent of the Indominus death scene from JW. Highly unlikely but a man can dream right???

DSCF6649.jpg

What if the ride actually starts when you walk through the JW arch in the front? There won't be an entrance like JP because technically you've already entered the "park". The line would be the build up to entering the Mosasaur aquarium. Just imagining a very large room with screens (something similar to the beginning of the JW traveling exhibit where you're on a boat traveling to Nublar) that "descend" into the aquarium area like in the movie. So, figuratively, you're already underground when in line.

Alicia I can picture it now! This is the part of the patent you mean right?
Yea, but wondering if instead of knocking us off course, this one is just a good smack to knock us to the side a bit while we're moving forward. Just a startle knock. Certainly looks like a wave of some sort happens in the commercial (but again, could just be for the commercial's sake).

Nice commercial....but, for a ride, I'd rather have the open air beginning that's still in Orlando. That captures a mood & feeling that's hard to replace. Plus, it's giant AA's....With a much more immersive, and considerably larger, JP land in Orlando, than the corner area of a lot in Hollywood with bad sight lines , I'm hoping this stays in Hollywood. I think this is good for Hollywood, but not for Orlando.

Imagine that last bump is so hard, the mosasaur appears to crack the glass, and a spritz of water sprays the boat while your boat is physically bumped. People will get scared out of their mind. (You know how Universal loves to spray you!)

I was wondering when someone would finally mention this.

The fact they have a water sprayer in the middle of the screen is actually a really cool concept.

Yea, but wondering if instead of knocking us off course, this one is just a good smack to knock us to the side a bit while we're moving forward. Just a startle knock. Certainly looks like a wave of some sort happens in the commercial (but again, could just be for the commercial's sake).
Yes I hope this is the flipper patent, and a good startle I am all for this can't wait.

How convinced are we that the commercial scene is inspired by the ride? Could that just be something for the commercial and the ride is different?

I feel like Universal has no shown no issues in the past about making rides look more elaborate than they are in advertising. (On the other hand, they keep using that one scene of Harry on his broom verbatim from FJ)

From the ad, and I do realize it’s just an ad, it kind of looks like some movement or interaction of sorts could be involved in the mosasaur scene. Love to see the flipper patent utilized to knock our boat timed with the mosasaur knocking on the glass.

The first few bumps could use the same mechanism that the hadrosaur off course effect uses, timed with the banging on the glass. But then the last bump, as seen in the commercial, actually pushes you along. Could scare the crap out of people, and add something more to bring a screen effect into real life.
Or Universal will probably spray us with water to make us think the glass cracked

Edit: Just noticed that you posted my idea already...my bad

This. While I hope we do see the return of a stegosaurus or two in there, I think the aquarium will be a cool scene. It’s obvious that this Attraction won’t be a simple “update” but changing up a lot of scenes. Some people will dig it, done won’t.
I feel like there's room for some cool effects. Glass can break outward, spray water, boat jumps, which for those of us with the "stuff in water" fears is going to hurt...a lot....in a good way. What if a fin or something actually CROSSES IN FRONT of the boat. I mean I have a hard time thinking it'll just be a screen.

Love the commercial, hate the CGI Mosasaurus!

Unfortunately, @Alicia was right as usual. She called it and said that Mosaurus would be just a huge giant screen.

I'm so pissed off right now. Universal could be so stupid at times. Everyone is BEGGING for Uni to move away from screens so their answer is to replace the 1st iconic scene with a massive screen!

Do you guys really think this will be the only screen in the ride? Oh and I'm sorry, but the apologists that say that screens will only be in the background to "enhance" the experience are full of it. Mosasaurus is perhaps the most famous character in the new series, surpassing Indo & T-rex. Instead of being creative and creating a partial AA and using perhaps only the head of the beast or even having it be "underwater" to bump your boat, Uni decides to go the lazy route with another SCREEN.

No doubt, it will spray water at you to give it a "practical" effect.

Orlando fans feel lucky you aren't getting this "new ride."

:eek:O:

This is only one ad, showing the opening scene of the attraction. Also, I'm more curious about the boat shake, than I am of the screen integration.

Speaking of..wasn't that first scene completely gutted when the work was beginning? I believe it did include the track leaving.

Perhaps Universal and Vekoma are working on a version two of the boat system, with that patent shown off a few posts back?

Status
Not open for further replies.