Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

TODAY Cafe

One of my favorite touches (And you can see it in the photo from IU that I'll pull), is that it seems to use TV Lighting equipment for the use of lighting in the quick service (which, it is);

D48oK1qWsAc6U3y.jpg

Regarldess if they were or were not from the concept art, I love that; and it adds a nice touch.

Also, the Orange tube lights on the walls are great.

D48pBlMXkAAquEE.jpg

(Source: IU)

You were saying?

My complaint, is more of a small grimace (As I do understand that this isn't supposed to be anything major), is that they should've had more seating for this on the inside. I've seen Starbuck's that are larger than this for the indoors.
As Alicia said, that's a lot more seating indoors than they had before. When it was the Boulangerie more people (including us always) sat outside on the patio than inside. The outside seating is great for people watching, the characters come by there often, and the band plays across the street every hour or so.....It's really not a big space so they did pretty decent with the seating for what they had. This is a smallish QS establishment, not large like a Mel's Diner or Monsters Cafe.

The menu says “SALADS” and the sign outside says “SALAD” y’all, I can’t live like this lol.

Anyways the inside is cute and clean, and the food looks like it’s good. It’s out of my price range but honestly that’s all theme park food. I’ll stick to bringing sandwiches in my backpack.

Croissant and bacon replaced by ciabatta and shaved ham on the egg cheese breakfast I would get at the old place...I still like that corner and I imagine I would still grab breakfast there if/when the opportunity presents itself.

I sort of doubt it.

Normally when menus don’t have prices listed, it’s because they want you to blindly buy the food without thinking about price. When people see price, it often turns them off.
The handouts will probably never have prices, yea. The menus Voodoo hands you while you wait don’t have prices either. I thought people were saying that even the signs behind the registers don’t have prices. Those need prices.

EDIT: They are on the boards. Last two pics in this tweet.

Last edited:
Few things:

1. It's pretty spacious for a small footprint.
2. Food was good for what it is. Breakfast is served until 11 am, after that - it's all lunch.
3. It will be in soft opening starting tomorrow until the grand opening.

Beyond that, again, this is a small QS spot - and a much-needed improvement to the former Boulangerie. This ain't supposed to be anything but what it is - a place to grab a quick, simple bite. To use baseball lingo - it's a nice single up the middle. No need for this to be a homerun.

Last edited: