Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Theme Park Obsession,

And to bring this up (as @Joe now has..), Universal Creative Hollywood is the ones handling Pets, not Orlando's (and Orlando was the ones who came up with the VR version).

Last edited:
I do wish they could do a custom tarp on SLOP, similar to the tarp currently over the Castle at Disneyland. Not only would we get a better idea of what it'd look like, but it'd also make that area feel less like a construction zone and more like a theme park. Really sticks out like a sore thumb.

Take this with a grain of salt, but it really sounds like SLOP was resurrected from the fact that Nintendo had to take its spot in the Lower Lot. But, follow me here, with the limited space to not fit Yoshi for Nintendo in Hollywood, they used the money for the ride design (which was already approved) and made SLOP out of it. Feels like a backdoor way to get two separate experiences with one batch of cash for Hollywood.

I am really interested in seeing if Yoshi and SLOP are identical experiences.

Take this with a grain of salt, but it really sounds like SLOP was resurrected from the fact that Nintendo had to take its spot in the Lower Lot. But, follow me here, with the limited space to not fit Yoshi for Nintendo in Hollywood, they used the money for the ride design (which was already approved) and made SLOP out of it. Feels like a backdoor way to get two separate experiences with one batch of cash for Hollywood.

I am really interested in seeing if Yoshi and SLOP are identical experiences.
This is my understanding. With completely different RVs and scenes and the fact that Yoshi will half outside, it’ll be very different experiences though.

I do wish they could do a custom tarp on SLOP, similar to the tarp currently over the Castle at Disneyland. Not only would we get a better idea of what it'd look like, but it'd also make that area feel less like a construction zone and more like a theme park. Really sticks out like a sore thumb.
That would spoil the surprise. I see it as a big present wrapped in a nice green paper waiting to be presented.

I haven’t been keeping up with this project as much as others but beyond the omnimover system do we know any other technical details? Like is it multiple levels? Or ride time? Half an acre seems somewhat small especially if there’s any indoor queue space. I’ve only been to USH once but even with that gorgeous Cali weather standing in the outdoor queue for Forbidden Journey was pretty hot.

I haven’t been keeping up with this project as much as others but beyond the omnimover system do we know any other technical details? Like is it multiple levels? Or ride time? Half an acre seems somewhat small especially if there’s any indoor queue space. I’ve only been to USH once but even with that gorgeous Cali weather standing in the outdoor queue for Forbidden Journey was pretty hot.

The building will be two levels, but the actual ride will only be on the second. As far as queue goes, there are currently two schools of thought.
1) As we draw closer to opening, The Walking Dead attraction will close and USH will convert that space into queue for SLOP.
2) They will use a "virtual queue" system similar to the Jimmy Fallon and Fast & Furious rides in Orlando

Either way, most of the queue will be indoors.

With how the attractions system is, I would think it'd be a bad call (or at-least, a redundant one) to incorporate Virtual Queue.

The fact that it would be a bad call to implement the virtual queue is exactly the reason I think there will be one. These are the same people who thought adding a virtual queue to F&F in Orlando would be a good call despite the fact that the capacity on that ride is on-par with an omni-mover.

I still think a virtual queue for an omnimover ride is a bad idea. It should be used for something that has a long load cycle, like a show, or even Dreamworks Theater.

If they did a virtual queue for this, it'd be about a bad idea as SFMM adding not one, but two very long pre-show rooms for the Justice League ride. I don't know about anyone else, but I often don't ride that attraction simply because I don't want to sit through all those pre-shows, especially when I know full well that the ride is cycling essentially empty, just waiting for people who are stuck watching the pre-shows. I can maybe see one room if it were needed for legal/safety spiel reasons, but they definitely don't need two. Even worse, people are stuck waiting outside in the hot sun uncovered when they could basically convert that first room into a regular queue space. It's also save them on staffing costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.