Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion | Page 601 | Inside Universal Forums

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I am correct, there's a deliberate reason for the randomness of the glass here. If you look at the window panes in Hagrid's hut in the 3rd film onward, he has taken seemingly recyled broken pieces of gothic stained glass and combined them at random to create windows for his hut. I will say the Tiffany-look of the glass here doesn't work, but the film setwork does tell a story that he recycled old glass and installed it clumsily at random. Because this is his ride, I think it's fitting.
That is a great explanation.
-----
The AA looks amazing!

Reactions: Coasted
Could you imagine a Hagrid AA on the level of Kong? Or the Shaman in Pandora? AGGGHHH
So obviously no, it won’t be that level as we can now see :)

It’ll still be fine for what it is though.

More photos of the entrance.

(This looks amazing and exceeds my expectations)

I already answered on Twitter, but wanted to see what everyone else thinks here. I’m assuming “Motorbike Adventure” will be in that small line at the bottom still. Just really really small.

Well, it appears they are about to cut out the board behind to reveal the white and lighted lettering.

I also think they’re going to end up spraying/painting the entirety of it.

Bottom line: The entrance isn’t finished yet and it already beats expectation. Which seems to be a recurring theme to everything regarding this attraction.

Correct. I think the big triangle section with the title will probably be bronze or some other contrasting color when complete. And the brickwork will match the train station/locker area I've always assumed.

Agreed.

You know- in analyzing that pic more, I wouldn't be completely shocked to see them block the lettering in glass (possibly even stained glass).
The next step will be filling in the gaps on the roofline as well as lines where the pre-molded portions were installed.
Then painting prior to the cutting of the thin hardyboard
Then it's a matter of filling in the lettering with something transparent since it will be backlit.

Reactions: violarum
Agreed.

You know- in analyzing that pic more, I wouldn't be completely shocked to see them block the lettering in glass (possibly even stained glass).
The next step will be painting (prior to the cutting of the thin hardyboard)- then it's a matter of filling in the lettering with something transparent since it will be backlit.
I've been under the impression that they're going to pull a Forbidden Journey and have some of the text appear/disappear using fiber optics. Like maybe Motorbike Adventure appears like magic, but MAGICAL CREATURES is always visible.

I've been under the impression that they're going to pull a Forbidden Journey and have some of the text appear/disappear using fiber optics. Like maybe Motorbike Adventure appears like magic, but MAGICAL CREATURES is always visible.

I edited my post for better clarity.

With the current pre-mold that could only be possible on the bottom part- where "Motorbike Adventures" can pop up over and over. And it being "blocked" like it is- that could easily be the case. It'll be hand painted and filled to look exactly like the surroundings so it'd look like the stone is "glowing". That'd be fun. We won't know what they do there until it's filled and painted though, so we have a few days to think on it :)

Reactions: natespf and Alicia

Unicorn and baby unicorn.

RIP @Alicia 5/6/2019 No way she survives this level of excitement. Off to the In Memoriam thread.

c732z.gif

The ride system for this ride is a lot more simpler than Gringotts. It's a new attraction so you should expect delays either way, but it won't be as bad as Gringotts was.
I dunno, multiple launches, backwards and a drop track. Seems synching multiple vehicles is something that needs to be worked on to be up to capacity.

Reactions: Andysol
I mean, it's more of a mix of what Intamin has done as of late; as opposed to it going balls to the wall with a new concept, if I'm being honest.

The kicker is as you mentioned, the synchronization of the coaster.

Reactions: Andysol
Status
Not open for further replies.