Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

MSHI Expansion?

Disney’s plan for Spider-Man seems to be another TSMM for DCA and Paris.

How do you fall so far when a shining example has existed for 20 years.

MSHI is the animated/comic universe, no place for over payed actors, no muddle it up theme. It's perfect as it is and has 4 rides for different demographics.
And two of them suck sorry not sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
Disney’s plan for Spider-Man seems to be another TSMM for DCA and Paris.

How do you fall so far when a shining example has existed for 20 years.
The new Ant Man ride isn't terrible....Not particularly good, but not awful

I heard they were working on an answer to IOA's version, but whatevs

But that's how immersive, well done, lands are built.

MK's lands are the gold standard, and half the rides in every land suck:

TL: Stitch, MILF, Speedway (and the "good" ones are SM, PeopleMover, Rockets, COP)
FL: Mermaid, Dumbo (nostalgia aside, all spinners suck), iasw (yeah I went there!); (good: PPF, Pooh, 7DMT)
Liberty Square: nuff said. The best ride ever, and... that.
FL: Okay this land is the best. All the rides are the best.
AL: spinner, treehouse, 2 great rides.

MSHI is on par with the best "lands".

It's like saying "HHN needs a new Bill & Ted." UOR caught lightning in a bottle with Spidey, why tempt fate trying to replicate perfection right next door? Especially when Thor and Hawkeye and possibly others going to look weird to guests anyway.
I get that and I’m not saying a new ride needs to be like that. You said that AAs wouldn’t fit the franchise and I disagree so I gave an example.

Eh, Storm force is actually a really good time imo.

Not saying I wouldn’t give up the land Storm Force and Doom sit on for a much better ride, though.

If I was to create a checklist of things that Universal do well and mix it with what would lead to the best ride experience while also disguising the fact that this isn't from the MCU, Ant Man or Iron Man seem to be the way to go.

I think Avengers is a no go with Spider-Man and Hulk already having a presence.

Captain America's face is visible or at least partially, same with Thor, Black Widow and Hawkeye. Iron Man and Ant Man all hide behind masks.

Iron Man and Ant Man already have a presence in other Disney parks and frankly, they're embarrassing for what they deserve. One is a rethemed Star Tours and the other is a rethemed Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.

Both Ant Man and Iron Man would make for great queues and practical effects while also leading to some great humour.

why can't they leave the theming for Doom and instead change it to a taller more traditional drop tower ride. would probably make the folks who crave coasters happier. it would at least make me happier. anyway, would expect it would fit in the same footprint that it currently resides in? but what do i know, i dont design rides, so its merely just speculation as i dont know what all goes into it.

why can't they leave the theming for Doom and instead change it to a taller more traditional drop tower ride. would probably make the folks who crave coasters happier. it would at least make me happier. anyway, would expect it would fit in the same footprint that it currently resides in? but what do i know, i dont design rides, so its merely just speculation as i dont know what all goes into it.

I believe that'd be a viable option. This is really the only spot for change, and there is a little wiggle room to make a bigger footprint for the ride. Aside from that I see them sprucing up the land, but still in the comic aesthetic.

Though going back to earlier discussion this land wasn't in immediate need of attention. The goal was to fill empty spots, and replace attractions that have already been closed or were soon to be maintenance issues. IMHO Marvel was well done there and it is full so it could take some time.

If I was to create a checklist of things that Universal do well and mix it with what would lead to the best ride experience while also disguising the fact that this isn't from the MCU, Ant Man or Iron Man seem to be the way to go.

I think Avengers is a no go with Spider-Man and Hulk already having a presence.

Captain America's face is visible or at least partially, same with Thor, Black Widow and Hawkeye. Iron Man and Ant Man all hide behind masks.

Iron Man and Ant Man already have a presence in other Disney parks and frankly, they're embarrassing for what they deserve. One is a rethemed Star Tours and the other is a rethemed Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.

Both Ant Man and Iron Man would make for great queues and practical effects while also leading to some great humour.

How funny would it be if IoA had the vastly superior Spiderman and Ant Man Ride?

It sounds like this might be widening the access paths for the Marvel mini-parade thing.

I was thinking the same thing. Or just a new storage of backstage building. Nothing to get excited about.