1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

MSHI Expansion?

Discussion in 'Islands of Adventure' started by Nick, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

Except something like that ends up eating up a decent amount of space. Space IOA doesn’t really have to waste right now. Plus, there’s already Camp Jurassic that does the job for kids play areas.

2. WebHead1138

WebHead1138 Member

I’m pretty sure this was that extended spider-man que that was rarely used. I guess they decided that there was a more practical use for that space. It’s probably nothing.

3. truejonas

truejonas V.I.P.

I mean, Deadpool can make it work. Seeing as we can't get Ryan Reynolds for the voice, I vote for Nolan North. (I know it's not happening. But a girl can dream.)

Don't rain on my parade, please. All this factual nonsense, pah. :)

4. darkridelover

darkridelover Premium Member

Just like in USF, they are building an extra chiller station here because the park has outgrown the original chiller station.

tankart150, tielo, shiekra38 and 3 others like this.
  5. tielo

tielo Veteran Member

That is....cool.

6. Danielle Otaka

Danielle Otaka Newcomer

When I think of "Chiller," I think of Six Flags Great Adventure. RIP 1997-2007

Anyway I still want a Hawkeye ride and a Black Panther ride. And maybe a comic book shop.

Yabbadabba Doh likes this.
  7. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

The one they have is pretty cool though

8. Danielle Otaka

Danielle Otaka Newcomer

I like remembered that seconds after I posted that

Coolbfitz and shiekra38 like this.
  9. JM-BENT

JM-BENT Rookie

I’ve been to IoA a bunch recently and honestly I think MSHI is in the least need for anything new by a long shot. I already find myself going on basically every ride in that area everytime I go simply because they’re all still amazing and relevant.

Could we do with an Avengers ride? Maybe, it might even be an incredible ride we could be missing out on. But at the same time Seuss Landing still needs an E-Ticket of its own and some TLC for Cat, Lost Continent needs a complete demo and rebuild into something more complete, Toon Lagoon needs to place something in the theatre and maybe a reimagining that doesn’t revolve around incredibly obscure comic strip characters for half the land (Popeye, Betty, and Duddly are fine), etc. There’s so much more in the park to worry about than this already very well maintained land.

10. RevFreako

RevFreako Premium Member

Pardon my ignorance. Whazza chiller station

tankart150 likes this.
  11. fryoj

fryoj Premium Member

Chiller - Wikipedia

TL DR simplified answer: an industrial air conditioner.

tankart150, RevFreako and Alicia like this.
  12. Mike S

Mike S Veteran Member

After seeing the reaction to the Avengers game I’ll concede there might be something to the argument that not having the MCU actors could lead to complications with the GP.

However, I think there was one good point I saw made about the game and that’s how they still tried to be close to the MCU look without actually being the MCU which probably invited a lot more comparison then if they went in a more different direction.

13. shiekra38

shiekra38 Veteran Member

Personally I think Universal is going to continue to update what they have and let Disney run the MCU into the ground

14. CyborgDinosaur

CyborgDinosaur Newcomer

I really think that is the issue with that game. It's in an uncanny value of trying in every way to resemble the MCU versions characters without actually being them, making them come across as budget knock-offs. You don't see those sorts of complaints for the Spider-Man PS4 game because they made their own, fresh spin on the material inspired more by the comics and their own original concepts, rather than trying to imitate the Tom Holland or Tobey Maguire versions.

The same goes if Universal ever wants to create an Avengers ride. They would need to look to the endless iterations of the source material (the comics) and create their own unique interpretation of it, just like they did with Spider-Man. They could create their own aesthetic, remix the roster of the team (which has had many different heroes in it over the years) to ones that best service the ride experience, and come up their their own world-building and lore to be hinted at and built upon throughout the ride and queue, one that best fits their own unique attraction requirements.

15. Nick

Of Marvel's releases under Disney, what honestly makes you think that they're going to run it into the ground? Plus, Feige has so much control there since everything he churns out has been gold, and he's the real mastermind behind the MCU. I trust the phases going forward will continue to be compelling. They've given me no reason to doubt them.

EDIT:
    Unless you meant the MCU look when it comes to theme parks and the rides. If so then, I misunderstood originally.

tankart150 and jtsalien like this.
  16. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

I’m in such a weird place with the MCU just now. I just can’t comprehend how they can top what they have achieved but if anybody can, it’s them and I have complete faith in Feige.

With the reviews for Star Wars being what they are, Disney going all in on Marvel has to the next trick up their sleeve.

17. Nick

...except we know they're already building a Marvel land at DCA and they DON'T seem to be going all in. Although one may argue that the rides within the land (GotG: MB, Spidey and Avengers) will make the land "more fun" than Galaxy's Edge, even if not nearly as immersive.

jtsalien and Mike S like this.
  18. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

Have they started on the Avengers ride? I thought it was just Spiderman? I always assumed it was opening with Spider-Man as phase 1/2? And then adding later.

tankart150 likes this.
  19. Nick

No, they haven't. But the land will eventually have the ride that Hong Kong is getting, which from concept art looks great and is supposed to be a Mega-E in the way RotR is supposed to be.

20. fryoj

fryoj Premium Member

I'm guessing it's something along the lines of the doing 3+ movies a year thing until people stop caring. IE . - riding the horse till it falls to the ground. People are already saying we have too many Star Wars movies and they are just doing one a year of them. Granted, the MCU is different story lines, but it's really one big story where you almost have to see them all to understand whats going on in an Avenger movie.

Theres also the effect that Scott mentioned. Where do they go from here? They are cycling out their big stars and are throwing new ones out. Will people accept them? Will the movies be as well received? And will they just keep throwing movies and new characters out there regardless? I go see every MCU movies in the theaters, and I'm not real excited about whats coming up other than GOTG. I'll still go see them all, but at what point is too much, just too much?

Cheezbat and tankart150 like this.