Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 102 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Shaun of The Dead would be my favorite to see. They did it as a scarezone, and I think it could do well as a maze, unless getting the rights is a problem.

Reactions: hhnlover
CORNETTOS TRILOGYYYYYYY

(Also, Edgar Wright is doing a psychological thriller with Anya Taylor Joy and Universal; we got no details, but that's something to look out for)
shaun of the dead - universal
hot fuzz - universal (internationally)
world's end - universal (internationally)
if it's owned by universal internationally, then it could work.
(i actually saw hot fuzz a month ago, and it has tons of potential for a cornetto trillogy maze)

Reactions: rageofthegods
shaun of the dead - universal
hot fuzz - universal (internationally)
world's end - universal (internationally)
if it's owned by universal internationally, then it could work.
(i actually saw hot fuzz a month ago, and it has tons of potential for a cornetto trillogy maze)

That's actually kind of a misrepresentation.

Universal distributed Shaun of the Dead both internationally and domestically.

Hot Fuzz was ostensibly distributed by "rogue media"; however, at the time of distribution, Rogue Pictures was a subsidiary of Focus Features, which is a subsidiary of NBCUniversal. Thus, in an incredibly roundabout way, Hot Fuzz was distributed by Universal. Now, since then, Rogue Pictures was bought by Relativity Media, which went bankrupt and got sold to UltraV Holdings company. I got no clue whether or not they own the rights to use Hot Fuzz in HHN, but then, Rogue Media did distribute The Strangers before they got bought, so I'm assuming that Uni still owns the theme park rights.

World's End is the same story, only that was distributed domestically by Focus Features, which is, again, a subsidiary of NBCUniversal. Plus, a Cornettos Trilogy dvd set has been released by Universal, so there is reason to believe that it can come if fan demand is high enough.

Reactions: hhnlover
That's actually kind of a misrepresentation.

Universal distributed Shaun of the Dead both internationally and domestically.

Hot Fuzz was ostensibly distributed by "rogue media"; however, at the time of distribution, Rogue Pictures was a subsidiary of Focus Features, which is a subsidiary of NBCUniversal. Thus, in an incredibly roundabout way, Hot Fuzz was distributed by Universal. Now, since then, Rogue Pictures was bought by Relativity Media, which went bankrupt and got sold to UltraV Holdings company. I got no clue whether or not they own the rights to use Hot Fuzz in HHN, but then, Rogue Media did distribute The Strangers before they got bought, so I'm assuming that Uni still owns the theme park rights.

World's End is the same story, only that was distributed domestically by Focus Features, which is, again, a subsidiary of NBCUniversal. Plus, a Cornettos Trilogy dvd set has been released by Universal, so there is reason to believe that it can come if fan demand is high enough.
huh...now i NEED a cornetto trilogy maze.

Reactions: rageofthegods
Wonder if it would be at all possible for Murdy to someday like, release a book comprised of all his unused treatments. Seems extremely unlikely for a number of reasons, but I'm such a nerd for this stuff, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. It could even include the stuff that did get made, I'd just like to see how his brain conceives of this stuff.

Wonder if it would be at all possible for Murdy to someday like, release a book comprised of all his unused treatments. Seems extremely unlikely for a number of reasons, but I'm such a nerd for this stuff, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. It could even include the stuff that did get made, I'd just like to see how his brain conceives of this stuff.

I think he's talked about it in the past. Trouble is IP issues; I'm pretty sure releasing a theme park treatment for an IP he doesn't have the copyright for is legally iffy.

He has shown treatment pages before, though I can't remember from where.

Kinda also in response to rageofthegods' response. Basically anything IP, unless he got permission to put it in, would be out. Now, a compilation of some originals he wrote and didn't end up doing and just some other haunt ideas from him? I think that'd be possible and could be a fun read.

Kinda also in response to rageofthegods' response. Basically anything IP, unless he got permission to put it in, would be out. Now, a compilation of some originals he wrote and didn't end up doing and just some other haunt ideas from him? I think that'd be possible and could be a fun read.
Oh yeah, both would cool. I just know we got so close to seeing Scream and the Conjuring, and probably a bunch of others, it would be cool to have a more complete idea of what he was thinking, but yeah, definitely agree that it couldn't happen. Just a pipe dream. A book of original mazes would almost be like a collection of short plays, or something. Would love to see that.

I mean, if we kinda know everything already, what's the point? The only thing I'm stuck on is if we're getting one or two houses in Tram plaza?
I mean, are we still speculating on what the Mexican original is gonna be?

I think it's one or the other for the Tram house, either the Simpsons or the Family Guy clue. Only one house.

One is the Mexican original and one is an IP.

Wait, hypothetically, if we got two mazes in the Tram plaza, wouldn't that bring the maze count up to 10 (including TWDA)? Off the top of my head for the number of maze locations:
1. FDTD area
2. 747 queue
3. Metro Sets
4. Mummy queue
5. Sound Stage 29
6. Parisian Courtyard
7. Water World queue
8. TWDA
9-10? Tram plaza

Wait, hypothetically, if we got two mazes in the Tram plaza, wouldn't that bring the maze count up to 10 (including TWDA)? Off the top of my head for the number of maze locations:
1. FDTD area - Creepshow(1982)
2. 747 queue - Ghostbusters
3. Metro Sets - Frankenstein vs Wolfman
4. Mummy queue - Killer Klowns
5. Sound Stage 29 - Stranger Things 2&3
6. Parisian Courtyard - Holidayz in Hell
7. Water World queue - House of 1000 Corpses
8. TWDA
9-10? Tram plaza - Mexican Original & ?

As far as we know is this what we’re speculating?