Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN Hollywood 2019 Construction Thread

Maze being built? What location is this?
This isn't a maze location it's where they make new wall panels. Build them in the Curious George Parking Lot and then put them where they are needed.

The first one on the left says "Embassy" not sure what that is for. Middle says "Parisian". Far right says "Mummy".

This isn't a maze location it's where they store wood or where wood is at.
The first one on the left says "Embassy" not sure what that is for. Middle says "Parisian". Far right says "Mummy".
Ahhh so this is where their wood is for maze locations. "Embassy" Is an interesting one though.

"speculated" Lol.

This is all purely conjecture, but if you look above the little pathway marked by the arrows, you can see a pretty large hole in the wall where I'm assuming there's a boo-hole, and the maze-flow walking right towards it. It makes me think Stiltwalker, or maybe a giant-head Klownzilla scare.

Yikes... Already seeing what's likely to be a lot of black hallways. No way that opening fits a stilt, so more likely a Klownzilla puppet.

Yikes... Already seeing what's likely to be a lot of black hallways. No way that opening fits a stilt, so more likely a Klownzilla puppet.

I personally don't see it. I remember a big hubbub last year when we thought that we were seeing black walls in TrT and then they got theming not two weeks later. Now, granted, there were a ton of black wallz last year, but I don't think we should be worried yet.

I do think there's going to be a big Klownzilla head at the end, but I think it'll be more like the classic "black hallway finale scare" that we saw in mazes like Poltergeist last year.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, that big triangle section at the end makes me think there's gonna be a big showroom at the end with a Klownzilla puppet, not a black wall. Maybe that's wishful thinking?

I personally don't see it. I remember a big hubbub last year when we thought that we were seeing black walls in TrT and then they got theming not two weeks later. Now, granted, there were a ton of black wallz last year, but I don't think we should be worried yet.

I do think there's going to be a big Klownzilla head at the end, but I think it'll be more like the classic "black hallway finale scare" that we saw in mazes like Poltergeist last year.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, that big triangle section at the end makes me think there's gonna be a big showroom at the end with a Klownzilla puppet, not a black wall. Maybe that's wishful thinking?

I'm speaking with some familiarity with how mazes are structured operationally. The size of that opening in the center of the image doesn't say boohole to me - it says "massive space." Granted, the costumes are huge, so that may be the standard "boo" size for this maze... but I think the strange turn around the side of it makes a puppet more likely.

The black walls are more likely under/emerging from the tent. I'm seeing a scare at the end of that little hall (and a little passage for the actor to find their spot), but...

I'm speaking with some familiarity with how mazes are structured operationally. The size of that opening in the center of the image doesn't say boohole to me - it says "massive space." Granted, the costumes are huge, so that may be the standard "boo" size for this maze... but I think the strange turn around the side of it makes a puppet more likely.

The black walls are more likely under/emerging from the tent. I'm seeing a scare at the end of that little hall (and a little passage for the actor to find their spot), but...

Ahh, I get it now. Yeah, that little switchback is not promising. But there are those little "wings" sticking out from the walls; do you know what those could be?

Ahh, I get it now. Yeah, that little switchback is not promising. But there are those little "wings" sticking out from the walls; do you know what those could be?

There isn't space in those nooks for an actor, most likely (look at the chair against the building for scale). My guess? Cotton candy cocoons. Not sure what they'll do about the tent pole in the middle of the scene, though.

There isn't space in those nooks for an actor, most likely (look at the chair against the building for scale). My guess? Cotton candy cocoons. Not sure what they'll do about the tent pole in the middle of the scene, though.
My assumption was that this could be in the carnival funhouse section, and could be those multicolored wobbling doorways from the film, though likely either just stationary or projected to appear like theyre moving as a disorientation tactic.

My assumption was that this could be in the carnival funhouse section, and could be those multicolored wobbling doorways from the film, though likely either just stationary or projected to appear like theyre moving as a disorientation tactic.

That could also definitely work. Would've hoped they'd include a scare somewhere amongst them, but depending on the level of mechanical movement (if any), that might be safe or feasible.

From this video:

8:36 - 8:51.
They did full clearing of the areas in the backlot meaning that they could be getting ready.

Last edited: