Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HBO's Game of Thrones

So Apparently there was a water bottle behind someone's foot in the dragon pit also spotted :thud:. Im starting to think it was trolling from the beginning, feels deliberate. Smmfh

Nah, remember the elaborate costumes they wear are not designed with comfort in mind. They run extremelyyyyyy hot. It'd be dumb not to have a water bottle at your side for an outdoor shoot.
No it's not dumb for them to have water by their side, but it is dumb to shoot a scene with water by their side.

Also im not sure if you're trolling but that was funny if you were lol.

There is a difference between merely good and great shows that is having a clear vision for the development of the story and characters at a pace that makes sense. Game of thrones season 1 up there with my favorite seasons of television ever such as the first season of the wire with a clear vision and measured and deliberate development. The difference is the wire absolutely never had wasted screen time no matter how slow the show seemed to be across seasons. Every minute counted and meant something to the overall story. Even when the setting changed and new characters were introduced those characters from earlier seasons were consistent in their development. Game of Thrones was great for spectacle in the end and certainly got insane viewer numbers, but it did not do the things to make it a truly great show.

As a more casual viewer one might be entertained but once you start to read the posts from people who point out all of the flaws it gets pretty bad. I have read more believable summary fanfics on Reddit than the official writers could come up with.

So Apparently there was a water bottle behind someone's foot in the dragon pit also spotted :thud:. Im starting to think it was trolling from the beginning, feels deliberate. Smmfh

There were actually two bottles found, one next to Samwell and one next to Davos. But yeah, I feel like sometimes they catch it and are too lazy to digitally remove it so they just leave it as an easter egg.

There were actually two bottles found, one next to Samwell and one next to Davos. But yeah, I feel like sometimes they catch it and are too lazy to digitally remove it so they just leave it as an easter egg.
I would wonder what they would have to pay to get the water talked about vs "leaving" it in a scene. My money would be on more.

No it's not dumb for them to have water by their side, but it is dumb to shoot a scene with water by their side.

They don't just the footage between "action" and "cut". They're rolling almost consistently and using footage from rehearsal takes, actual takes, footage from between takes. Anything that works, gets edited into the episode. So it's easier and healthier to have bottles at their side. The people who are at fault here are the post production team because this can easily get edited out in a matter of minutes and they missed it.

It holds up a little better on rewatch as there isn’t the question of what happens next. Some of the dialog is quite well conceived, especially the heavy scene between Tyrion and Jon.

The end, end, end is still too sentimental and drawn out seeing the north people leaving the wall and walking into the forest. I couldn’t have cared less.

I muse what it might have been like if the episode ended with Dany’s murder and there was 1 or 2 more episodes of hashing out how it would all be resolved. A council and then behind the scenes and then another council and a more contentious resolve.

I did enjoy the scene where Tyrion arrives first and straightens out the chairs as hand and would have been satisfied if it could have been fleshed out with more dialog from Bran and others.

In the end it is a salvageable season.

I haven't rewatched the final episode yet, or watched the final 'making of' docu programs, but I will in a few days. As I type I'm listening to the soundtrack album though, which I've been looking forward to properly sitting back and enjoying ever since the series first aired. Really exceptional stuff and well worth some time to appreciate in its own right.

Edit -- also, just came across this on the 'gram. Pretty tantalising.

Last edited:
It wasn't a perfect finale, but I am far from being angry or mad at it. It's Game of Thrones, it is not always going to make sense or answer questions. Things NOT making sense logically or illogical, and skipping over things is half what I expect personally. I don't see it as a "happy ending" either. Jon is north of the wall, will see no one in the family ever again outside the wildlings, Sansa is at Winterfell, again seeing no one else but those in Winterfell most likely, Arya is going Jacque Coustea....again see no one again from the family. Bran is king, for who knows how long......and he is going to search for Drogon so yeah....I am sure he will be a swell King. Greyworm is angry at the world still over Missandei. Tyrion is back as the hand, though he doesn't want it and has to deal with Bronn as the master of coin and Bron as king....not what I call happy. I am still trying to find someone who is actually happy with where they ended up to say it was a happy ending.
What, was everyone supposed to die, and Jon be King? I never saw Jon taking the throne, rightful heir or not.

George RR Martin powering through Winds of Winter after reading the responses to this season:

image001.gif

As someone who just started watching the show 2 years ago, I wasn’t as emotionally invested. After every episode, I essentially walked away not knowing how to feel. I am in agreement with the consensus that everything was rushed. They would have benefited from a few more episodes.

Overall I enjoyed the show as a whole. A lot of this season left you scratching your head. Glad I was able to get on the bandwagon and watch it in real time. I don’t think we’ll see a show reach this kind of worldwide audience again.

As someone who just started watching the show 2 years ago, I wasn’t as emotionally invested. After every episode, I essentially walked away not knowing how to feel. I am in agreement with the consensus that everything was rushed. They would have benefited from a few more episodes.

Overall I enjoyed the show as a whole. A lot of this season left you scratching your head. Glad I was able to get on the bandwagon and watch it in real time. I don’t think we’ll see a show reach this kind of worldwide audience again.

This is the only issue I have is that the show runners chose 6 episodes. HBO offered a full season, they chose not to. Even with the same exact ending, if it had 10 episodes would have helped with the backlash a bit. That is my only issue, is that they did rush to the conclusion, had it been fleshed out more would have helped a fair amount, minus those who are still mad because it didn't end their way.

There is a difference between merely good and great shows that is having a clear vision for the development of the story and characters at a pace that makes sense. Game of thrones season 1 up there with my favorite seasons of television ever such as the first season of the wire with a clear vision and measured and deliberate development. The difference is the wire absolutely never had wasted screen time no matter how slow the show seemed to be across seasons. Every minute counted and meant something to the overall story. Even when the setting changed and new characters were introduced those characters from earlier seasons were consistent in their development. Game of Thrones was great for spectacle in the end and certainly got insane viewer numbers, but it did not do the things to make it a truly great show.

As a more casual viewer one might be entertained but once you start to read the posts from people who point out all of the flaws it gets pretty bad. I have read more believable summary fanfics on Reddit than the official writers could come up with.

Exactly correct.

It is amusing in an “I told you so” way to see people reacting to how subpar this show is. I’ve been preaching it on here for 3 seasons. Some people were either slow learners or willfully blind.

Season 1 and 2 were both absolutely brilliant. Some of the best television ever. 3-4 weren’t slouches either and certainly in the upper echelon.

This ended with a nice chuckle. King Bran. Haha.
Love it.

Also, my “outrageous scenario” pick for this episode was Tyrion not only taking down a wall of rubble but somehow finding Jamie in a pile of it as well. He must have some vision to find that needle in a haystack. I even thought for a second they both might be alive. It wouldn’t shock me as Jamie already survived walking underwater in a lake for an hour with Bron.
Runners up:
-Drogon hating that throne and knowing it was to blame.
-Unguarded Dany

Last edited:
was Tyrion not only taking down a wall of rubble but somehow finding Jamie in a pile of it as well. He must have some vision to find that needle in a haystack.

Weeeeell, I really disagree with this take. They showed Tyrion staring at the wall of stone in the arch as him learning that there was no way for them to have escaped to the boat. With that learned, he looked about the rubble on the floor and located Jamie’s golden hand sparkling and began digging. That might still be a bit of a stretch right there but is how I read the progression of it.

Found this and it is all related to GoT. Where they got it right and the differences. The one thing that they pointed out was that you don’t see any of the ladies wearing the pointy cone hats that were common with the upper classes in medieval europe. Designers probably felt it too ridiculous looking.

Getty Museum on Instagram: “You submitted medieval topics for Bryan and Larisa to clarify, and in this video they warg in from the past to cover: . –Fashion: why does…”

Last edited:
Rewatching the show and in season 3.5 I see King Tommen and all of a sudden he is murdered. I was like... what? The actor played two different roles in the series. Never knew that. Almost worse than a coffee cup!

Dean-Charles Chapman is known for his role as King Tommen Baratheon, the pint-sized, ill-advised son of Cersei and Jamie Lannister. But that's not the only member of the Lannister-Baratheon clan he has portrayed on the show, as spotted by HelloGiggles. Chapman also played Martyn Lannister in season 3.”