Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HBO's Game of Thrones

I'd assume it will be the building of the wall and the reasons for it.

Basically all the backstory they dropped from Season 8.

It's a shame, apparently a Valyerian Empire prequel named "Fire & Blood" was also under consideration, it sounded much more interesting/different.

I thought the fans (especially @Teebin ) of this series would appreciate this anecdote...Yesterday, two Pittsburgh Steeler players, OT Al Villanueva and DT Cam Heyward got into a fight on the St. Vincent College training camp field in Latrobe. Reporters questioned them about the fight today. Seems the two disagreed about the quality of the ending in the Game of Thrones finale. Jawing at one another over the merits of the ending elevated into an actual physical fight on the field.....Passionate fans for sure. :lol:

Well, this is a tad unexpected...

A reminder that Crash and Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close won an Oscar off the strength of a strong marketing campaign and the Weinstein bros' Hollywood connections rather than the strength of the script.

If the Emmys are anything like the Oscars, alot of the voters probably haven't seen GoT, or indeed many of the shows elligible for an Emmy. And why would they? they have jobs + thousands of other shows to watch. In those cases, those voters probably get 5-10 shows to nominate, and after the three or four shows they really like, they probably have a few spaces leftover that are filled with "might as well" candidates (See also: "The Boss Baby" getting nominated for an animation Oscar). GoT's blockbuster viewership, historic ending and early reputation for high quality storytelling (notice how I say "reputation") makes it a primary contender for those "might as well" spots.

Few things surprise me anymore, but this was definitely a WTF moment that made me double-check it's not the first yet:

It's set at the Tourney of Harrenhal, an event described by many characters in the books--lots of history-shaping events took place--but never actually shown. Expect teen versions of a lot of the adult characters. The company producing it mostly creates spectacles, so I expect more Medieval Times than Waiting for Godot.

Tangential theme park connection--and pure speculation--but there's no clear mention of HBO here. Maybe the rights to live action adaptations of GOT, including haunted houses, are not totally in HBO's hands, which could have played a role in sinking the proposed HHN house.

I'd rather them go back and have an animated 3 season ending....with real pacing and set up.

They killed GOT brand soooo bad with the last season of the show...it will be interesting to see if they can get people to come back. I LOVED that show then they just gave up and rushed things...why would i want to do that again? Here invest in these characters and F You for caring all characters development gone because we didn't want to end it correctly.