Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alicia has been pretty adamant that there was more theming than anyone has been willing to accept. I'm thinking that's just rockwork (but someone with a smarter brain than me can confirm that).
I understand, just was saying if they're spending a larger budget on this for rockwork than Hagrid, there may be even more going into it than Alicia may have originally thought.

Additionally, a Notice of Commencement for "Theming" was filed earlier this week, with work being done by a company called Cockram Scenario:

aL7iiMK.png

This NoC is part of this recent "Package 5" permit for the attractions foundation and structure:

SvH6HMG.png

The expiration date on the NoC also lines up with a 2021 opening:

7dIkm7q.png

Finally, there was also a performance bond attached, which lists the work value at just over $6.5 million and specifies it's for rock work:

f8tN6sS.png

Cockram Scenario.

giphy.gif

I understand, just was saying if they're spending a larger budget on this for rockwork than Hagrid, there may be even more going into it than Alicia may have originally thought.
If you don’t count things like the Gothic ruins or AAs, there not actually that much actual rockwork for Hagrid. (Especially after they cut the spike cave and flying car sections)

If you don’t count things like the Gothic ruins or AAs, there not actually that much actual rockwork for Hagrid. (Especially after they cut the spike cave and flying car sections)

So Alicia what’s your saying is that the Gothic ruins are not count as rockwork ?

What I mean is that, I’ve always thought that rockwork was a general term for all brick/stones/rockwork etc
Everything that used projected and sculpted concrete... :what:

So Alicia what’s your saying is that the Gothic ruins are not count as rockwork ?

What I mean is that, I’ve always thought that rockwork was a general term for all brick/stones/rockwork etc

This may be a bit above her pay-grade, honestly.
We have a couple people on here that know a bit more on the construction end, but even they likely won't know the specifics on this regarding the budgeting.

Brickwork /= Rockwork

But it probably depends on the project and what each company is contracted for. Building a structure is not the same as sculpting rock.

But theme park "Brickwork" isn't Brickwork. Just as their "Rockwork" isn't rockwork. They're much closer to one another than the "brickwork" on Hagrids are to actual brickwork.
True. But I bet Jurassic Coaster has a lot more rock that’s just rock, like Camp Jurassic, and less brick that’s also a structure like Hagrid. If that makes sense.

But yea, I’m sure they’re clumped together on certain contracts. You’re probably right. I’m just guessing the abbey structure itself wasn’t counted in whatever totals we see for rockwork for Hagrid (even if the brickwork is).

Interesting to think they're giving this roughly the same construction timeline as Hagrid.... Actually probably even longer if you consider when they started on all of the land clearing and a Spring 2021 opening.. Makes me wonder about the true scope of work taking place.

Interesting to think they're giving this roughly the same construction timeline as Hagrid.... Actually probably even longer if you consider when they started on all of the land clearing and a Spring 2021 opening.. Makes me wonder about the true scope of work taking place.

I don’t think the timeline can tell us a ton on the scope. I think it’s more that they’ll be building in the middle of the park, limiting what they can do during the day. Not to mention construction in the lagoon and right by Popeye

Status
Not open for further replies.