Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion | Page 301 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 29 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Count me in as someone else who really enjoyed the last Purge scarezone. Now I didn’t see the original Purge scarezone (which I believe was very similar), but it used the New York space very well. There was always something going on and the atmosphere was excellent. While I definitely don’t want another Purge house, I wouldn’t be upset with another scarezone and I have zero desire to see any of those movies.

I’ll put it this way. From what I’m hearing:

I like Central Park
I don’t know enough about Plaza
I question if Hollywood is a strong enough idea to carry a whole zone
I think NY and San Fran/South Street are just reaching...

Very interesting. Hollywood has my favorite zone most years because I think it’s by far the best location. Sounds like it might be a boom or bust situation there this year

Reactions: Kadath
I’ll put it this way. From what I’m hearing:

I like Central Park
I don’t know enough about Plaza
I question if Hollywood is a strong enough idea to carry a whole zone
I think NY and San Fran/South Street are just reaching...

I’d bet Plaza will be another IP showcase zone, whether they do it like Altars or Harvest, I feel like Harvest would be a better style.

New York - Zombieland?
Central Park - Vikings
Hollywood - Creepshow?
South Street - No clue

I wasn't sure how Chucky would work in the Hollywood area, but it ended up being my favorite last year and one of my favorites in general.

I'm guessing at the very least:

Zombieland to NY seems easy.
Vikings to Central Park makes the most sense.
I'm guessing the San Fran / SS is the other IP if Zombieland is NY and those two are grouped together as "reaches".
And obvious the other two are originals from that train of thought.

Any zone that could fit as an overall “theme” zone much like Vamp ‘85 last year and Festival before it?
Ignoring the fact that neither of the last two years had definitive, clear themes? And without knowing anything about how they’re marketing this year?

Plaza is the only one, at this point, that feels like it could be. That’s literally because I know nothing about it.

Reactions: Kadath