Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

So will this essentially be a boosted version of Escape of Gringott style ride?

It's unlikely to be that simulator-y (i.e. stopping in front of screens to convey the "action" of the ride).

Nobody seems to know the exact specifics of what we're getting, or those who DO know aren't sharing details. What we can glean from hints insiders have given:

- Probably no true "show scenes" during the coaster portion of the attraction.
- Very likely no significant sets or AAs/animated figures during the ride.
- Probably lots of projection effects, and two-dimensional (flat/cut-out type) elements.

I'm expecting basically a 21st century update of Space Mountain, which a person could see as an exciting or underwhelming thing depending on their tastes and expectations for a project this expensive.

I'm expecting basically a 21st century update of Space Mountain, which a person could see as an exciting or underwhelming thing depending on their tastes and expectations for a project this expensive.

I think this is fair. I love these forums but sometimes they can be a drawback. If I'm a happy-go-lucky tourist who arrives in 2021 to see Guardians of the Galaxy I'll be over the moon. Knowing they've been constructing this for three years and what it entails I'll probably still thoroughly enjoy it but it's arguably too much build-up.

It's unlikely to be that simulator-y (i.e. stopping in front of screens to convey the "action" of the ride).

Nobody seems to know the exact specifics of what we're getting, or those who DO know aren't sharing details. What we can glean from hints insiders have given:

- Probably no true "show scenes" during the coaster portion of the attraction.
- Very likely no significant sets or AAs/animated figures during the ride.
- Probably lots of projection effects, and two-dimensional (flat/cut-out type) elements.

Looked over at other boards and one of the planning permissions was for a large screen (not sure the terminology).

For what they claim to be as one of the most advanced, expensive attractions of all time - i highly doubt it's going to be a standard coaster.

Looked over at other boards and one of the planning permissions was for a large screen (not sure the terminology).

For what they claim to be as one of the most advanced, expensive attractions of all time - i highly doubt it's going to be a standard coaster.
If I'm not mistaken, that screen is before the actual coaster.

The actual ride vehicle will supposedly offer some unique thrills, but in terms of the totality of the experience inside the showbuilding, I'm expecting extremely minimal theme and design work.

If I'm not mistaken, that screen is before the actual coaster.

I've been under the assumption it's for the preshow.

If it was a generic style coaster, without any themeing - not sure how they could then go on to say it will be the most advanced 'coaster' of all time, with one of the biggest budgets for any attraction.

The ride vehicle for the coaster already exisists too.

If it was a generic style coaster, without any themeing - not sure how they could then go on to say it will be the most advanced 'coaster' of all time, with one of the biggest budgets for any attraction.

The ride vehicle for the coaster already exisists too.
The ride system/ride vehicles were designed specifically for this ride.

Supposedly there have been dome screens ordered for the preshow AND the ride. Planetarium style screens of different sizes.
And I believe that there is one domed screen in the preshow and one for the first scene after load before the launch. I don't think there are any in the gravity building.

As always, I could be wrong though.

The ride system/ride vehicles were designed specifically for this ride.

And I believe that there is one domed screen in the preshow and one for the first scene after load before the launch. I don't think there are any in the gravity building.

As always, I could be wrong though.

I've seen the ride vehicles in other parks - i'm sure someone can youtube the links on here.

I've seen the ride vehicles in other parks - i'm sure someone can youtube the links on here.

They may have the same body/seats as the modern Vekoma looping cars, but they're not the same vehicle as these are designed to rotate 360 in a controlled spin. Something which Vekoma has not done before.

They may have the same body/seats as the modern Vekoma looping cars, but they're not the same vehicle as these are designed to rotate 360 in a controlled spin. Something which Vekoma has not done before.

I'm sure, from memory, Crush coaster (from Finding Nemo) - the horrendously cheap and tacky attraction at Disney Paris Studios, has a 360 degree vehicle.

If the ride is going to go in that direction (albeit updated) then that would make me very miserable indeed. I was hoping we'd get alot of show scenes, screens, anamatronics, etc

So far the tag line of this being one of the most expensive attractions ever assembled seems hollow - where is the vast volume of dollars being spent?

I'm sure, from memory, Crush coaster (from Finding Nemo) - the horrendously cheap and tacky attraction at Disney Paris Studios, has a 360 degree vehicle.

Crush's Coaster is a slightly altered stock model spinning coaster from Mauer Sohne. Different manufacturer, coaster design and vehicles compared to the GotG coaster being done by Vekoma. Crush's is single cars where one row is facing forward, the other facing backwards. That and the spin is a free-spin once the brake is released.

GotG on the other hand, is a multi car train where all the rows are facing forward on the car. On top of that, the spin is controlled.

Crush's Coaster is a slightly altered stock model spinning coaster from Mauer Sohne. Different manufacturer, coaster design and vehicles compared to the GotG coaster being done by Vekoma. Crush's is single cars where one row is facing forward, the other facing backwards. That and the spin is a free-spin once the brake is released.

GotG on the other hand, is a multi car train where all the rows are facing forward on the car. On top of that, the spin is controlled.
Doesn’t the Guardians train also have a built in motion base? Even Gringotts has to stop at special track sections for motion base movements.

Doesn’t the Guardians train also have a built in motion base? Even Gringotts has to stop at special track sections for motion base movements.

Don't know about the motion base, only thing I know movement-wise is the controlled spin.

So far the tag line of this being one of the most expensive attractions ever assembled seems hollow - where is the vast volume of dollars being spent?

Presumably the massive new building, as well as R&D on the ride system. Plus the standard Disney inflation.

Maybe the ride will surpass all expectations and be truly dazzling inside the gravity building. Those with inside knowledge, however, have yet to imply that's going to be the case, and have, in fact, implied things in the opposite direction.