Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion) | Page 152 | Inside Universal Forums

Disney's Hollywood Studios (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Is it official according to the previous user on another topic who said the Indy show is safe and will be getting an update that means we will never see an Indy Land at Walt Disney World at all? And what about cars, incredibles and monsters inc? Is their possibilities of a larger Pixar presence in the park for the future?

At this point who knows, but it sounds like Disney wants to redevelop the are around IJSS and do something with the old animation area, so that'll likely be the next expansions (if they happen).

sooooo...Touring Plans is reporting that there's been significant FastPass changes at DHS beginning August 29 when Star Wars Land opens. Star Tours Two and Fantasmic are 'not' available for fastpass. All the non GESWL rides have been moved to Tier One, where you can only make 'one' selection. Tier Two now only has shows (except Fantasmic), where you have to make your other 'two' selections from..

sooooo...Touring Plans is reporting that there's been significant FastPass changes at DHS beginning August 29 when Star Wars Land opens. Star Tours Two and Fantasmic are 'not' available for fastpass. All the non GESWL rides have been moved to Tier One, where you can only make 'one' selection. Tier Two now only has shows (except Fantasmic), where you have to make your other 'two' selections from..
WHAT?

That’s a worse deal than even Epcot.

LOL WHAT?

Fast pass only for shows...ok.

I guess the bright-side is that there will be no Fastpass for Galaxy Edge, hopefully making the line go a little faster. Funny they took Star Tours TOO off. Possibly they think it will become much more desirable with other Star Wars content in the park? I would think the opposite.

Wonder what happens with Mickey opens...

:curse:

Seems like they don't want guests staying in the park for more than a few hours. DHS, with only 1 ride FP, won't be worth wasting FP on. I've already planned a Nov. trip day with that scenario. I'll do MK early when it opens. Knock off 6 or 7 rides not needing FP before 11:00 AM. Schedule my 3 MK FP for 11, 12 & 1 on E tickets....bus back to the hotel...hit the pool for two hours....and go to DHS around 5:00 PM. Might be able to get a extra Tier 1 FP then, if there are any, see a show and go to GESWL. Finish up with Fantasmic.

Last edited:
Reactions: allaboutthatchase
Terrible idea.

Just goes to show that they made a serious mistake by not adding more lands and RIDES to the park before Galaxy’s Edge opens. The park is really going to be a nightmare...for both guests and cast members.

Terrible idea.

Just goes to show that they made a serious mistake by not adding more lands and RIDES to the park before Galaxy’s Edge opens. The park is really going to be a nightmare...for both guests and cast members.

Unless people stay away like they have in Disneyland...

I do agree though on more lands :thumbsup: and retheming RNRC won't cut it.

Unless people stay away like they have in Disneyland...

I do agree though on more lands :thumbsup: and retheming RNRC won't cut it.
In regards to the crowds at Disneyland...you’ve got to remember that right now for the first month of operation, the ONLY people who can even get into Galaxy’s Edge are people who reserved their date and time in advance(or hotel guests). No regular day guests are getting in there...so many people are probably just waiting till the free-for-all starts at the end of this month...that’s going to be fun to watch.

Here in Florida, people go nuts for practically anything new...New Fantasyland was packed, Hogsmeade was legendary, Toy Story Lnd has been cramped, Pandora was crazy, and Diagon was insane...I anticipate the same from Galaxy’s Edge.

Two new lands should be fast tracked at DHS ASAP. Where’s Monster Inc or Carsland and Indiana Jones land when you need them?

So ridiculous.

Reactions: therock and Mad Dog
I’m actually interested in how this will work as with only one ride available to choose, that basically makes everything stand-by. It’ll be interesting to watch.
Lines might be shorter at certain times of the day in certain seasons. Fast Pass just about always make the stand by lines longer.....You know, with this, and not using fastpass initially for Smugglers Run, it's almost like Disney is finally questioning it's value.....Myself, I know how to work around FP to my advantage. But I still hate the concept of time reservations 30-60 days in advance.

What the hell? I’m goin to be on all star movies resort for one day just so I can enjoy SWGE at 6 am + get the FastPass 60 days before and now I will have to choose??? I may think that this is goin to work right but for now, I can only think that is insane and ridiculous.