Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ice Breaker (SWO)

So because they failed once that means they should never try again?

*Looks at the short-lived and defunct Submarine Quest in SWSD*

Yeah, dark rides are not SW's forte. An considering how botched JtA has been (Still waiting to see how that refurb was supposed to tie in with Kraken's VR version), we can't even use that as a example of a good one.

Dark rides are expensive. Flat rides and coasters are cheap. It's the most financial/reasonable decision to make coasters more than dark rides., especially in Orlando. No point in making a dark ride when you have to compete with the mouse and Universal.

I would love if they can do dark rides. But I would prefer 3 Makos.

A lot easier and cheaper to build a nicely themed flat ride than a well done dark ride. I'm kind of surprised they haven't just cloned the air boat ride they put in San Diego yet.
94cec3c46c61bda3609af630fc970d9c.jpg

And maybe a jellyfish themed wave swinger...
tentacle-twirl-1900x800.ashx

A lot easier and cheaper to build a nicely themed flat ride than a well done dark ride. I'm kind of surprised they haven't just cloned the air boat ride they put in San Diego yet.
94cec3c46c61bda3609af630fc970d9c.jpg

And maybe a jellyfish themed wave swinger...
tentacle-twirl-1900x800.ashx
They "cloned" it for SW San Antonio...it recently opened along with a Zamperla Midi Discovery. These are what I was referencing should come to SWO eventually.