Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hagrid’s Magical Creatures Motorbike Adventure Construction Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a good idea of when to show up that first Saturday? (the 15th). That's when I'm planning on going but bouncing back and forth on a game plan.

So if the garage opens at 6:30 on the 13th, do they allow people to queue up at the parking toll booth prior to that?

Based on Diagon and such, I'd get to the park as early as possible. On the 13 either stay on property or park somewhere you can get to the resort entry point next to Margaritaville. They'll likely open the gates to CityWalk at 6:30am too, so high tail it to the IoA entrance and stake it out till open. I imagine they'll open the gates early and run some rides (Hulk, FJ, etc) early to draw some crowds away from Hagrid. If they do it like Diagon they'll have sections of Hogsmeade set up for the opening event: a left corral, a center corral, and a right corral. One will fill then the next then the other. At open they'll let in the first corral to the ride then once that group has entered they'll let in the second. Anyone not wishing to ride will be diverted on the bypass bridge.

I've never done a ride opening day before. Many soft opens and AP previews, but never a grand opening. Should be fun! I'm honestly mulling using my travel credit from work on a room so I can be on-site.

Based on Diagon and such, I'd get to the park as early as possible. On the 13 either stay on property or park somewhere you can get to the resort entry point next to Margaritaville. They'll likely open the gates to CityWalk at 6:30am too, so high tail it to the IoA entrance and stake it out till open. I imagine they'll open the gates early and run some rides (Hulk, FJ, etc) early to draw some crowds away from Hagrid. If they do it like Diagon they'll have sections of Hogsmeade set up for the opening event: a left corral, a center corral, and a right corral. One will fill then the next then the other. At open they'll let in the first corral to the ride then once that group has entered they'll let in the second. Anyone not wishing to ride will be diverted on the bypass bridge.
This is our plan for opening. I've done both Hogsmeade and Diagon openings. I'm pretty stoked. My friend and I aren't staying on property, but we're staying pretty close by and plan to be at the garage booth hopefully around 6 or a tad earlier. Good luck everyone!

i'd assume there's a very very small chance that they'll let a few general guests in right toward close of the park 9pm ish. But probably not unless things go perfect. I'd imagine there's quite a few TMs dropping everything and going over now.

Got my fingers crossed for tomorrow afternoon between work and Weird Al. My hopes are low, as I don't even know if I'll fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.