Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World: The Ride Construction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well with leaks becoming a thing and people hating spoilers about something they enjoy I rather like the tight lipped news. Leaks and spoilers ruin the effect imo. We see what they're doing outside. It's going to be amazing when it does open and I'm waiting on that

True but even just something as simple as the premise of the ride. Something about visiting Jurassic World and what types if dinosaurs we can expect to see, a little bit about what kind of enviornments, nothing experience breaking. Obviously I dont expect then to say shot for shot what the ride entails. It sucks to have literally next to nothing. I dont think anybody would be upset just knowing what kind if dinosaurs were going to see

True but even just something as simple as the premise of the ride. Something about visiting Jurassic World and what types if dinosaurs we can expect to see, a little bit about what kind of enviornments, nothing experience breaking. Obviously I dont expect then to say shot for shot what the ride entails. It sucks to have literally next to nothing. I dont think anybody would be upset just knowing what kind if dinosaurs were going to see
We’ve already been told that

For me, this ride is the one to watch.

We know what Universal can do when they have to please a higher power and they killed it with Hagrid.

When it’s their own IP and lessons learned from F&F, this will be interesting to see the reactions and I hope that this is as good as it looks.
plus word was this was a project of the west coast creative team, so they may well be trying to make a reputation for their new group. That promises a special effort, at the very least.

For me, this ride is the one to watch.

We know what Universal can do when they have to please a higher power and they killed it with Hagrid.

When it’s their own IP and lessons learned from F&F, this will be interesting to see the reactions and I hope that this is as good as it looks.

plus word was this was a project of the west coast creative team, so they may well be trying to make a reputation for their new group. That promises a special effort, at the very least.

This is why I've been excited more than anything. They've been making the right steps, as I can't wait to see how those in UCHW are tackling an indoor/outdoor attraction like JW.

It’s working. Not to look down on USH but I’ve been to the west coast twice and never had a good enough reason to visit, if I visit in September, they guaranteed have my money.

It’s working. Not to look down on USH but I’ve been to the west coast twice and never had a good enough reason to visit, if I visit in September, they guaranteed have my money.
Quandary choice....Smugglers Run , Jurassic Park.......Jurassic Park, Smugglers Run.....RotR open ?.....Choices, choices, choices. :think:

When they first announced Jurassic World they said it would be a 9 month transformation. The ride closed Sept 3. So if they want to keep their 9 month plan it would have to open sometime in June. They keep saying "Summer", June 21 is the first day of summer, the original opening day and would still be within the 9 month plan. I know everything is just guessing at this point, BUT June 21 sounds perfect.

At first I thought it would have been nice to have various banners advertising different JW attractions.
Then I remembered that USH guests need to be told that something is a ride, so they would probably complain that they couldn't find the dinosaur attractions advertised on the banners.

I'm totally in love with what they have done.
Yeah, agree that they were wise not to advertise fictional rides - it would have been cool just to have a few banners welcoming to the area, or maybe advertising the locales the park does sport

I just wish the art was more varied

Quandary choice....Smugglers Run , Jurassic Park.......Jurassic Park, Smugglers Run.....RotR open ?.....Choices, choices, choices. :think:

It’s an all or nothing situation. Going to visit Knotts and skip Magic Mountain. My adult body can no longer take that punishment.

I know a lot of people who visit Vegas yearly and they’re shocked when I tell them that Vegas is the relaxing part of my holiday. Theme parks in Orlando and California and are a hard gig.

It’s an all or nothing situation. Going to visit Knotts and skip Magic Mountain. My adult body can no longer take that punishment.

I know a lot of people who visit Vegas yearly and they’re shocked when I tell them that Vegas is the relaxing part of my holiday. Theme parks in Orlando and California and are a hard gig.
unless you stay on site at universal...or hotel row at Disneyland only....so there's no need for travel. Once you leave those cocoons, and travel distances, the relaxation disappears fast.

"Be there when the gates open to experience just how real it is!" - Official Ride Site.

This has me incredibly excited! The commercial used the phrase "It just got Real" and now the site discusses how real it is.
I have a feeling that universal creative is using some pretty advanced robotics t bring Jurassic World to life! Has anyone heard anything on how advanced these Dinos are going to be?

If its the 22nd then that's really frustrating due to blackouts. What's even more frustrating is that the higher annual pass (Gold) is blocked out June 22-30, and the lower tier pass (Silver) is only blocked out on June 21,22,24,26,28,&29. Meaning they get to go during the week Golds can't.

Hopefully nothing happens this week. Will be out of town.
I love when people say stuff like this, as if the ride can only open when you're in town, because it's all about you lol.
Wouldn't it opening be a good thing? Then it's waiting for you when you get back.

Saw this on Twitter - looks like some changes with the Raptor Encounter are still happening

I'm loving everything so far but I will say I hope they paint the fence on the raptor encounter grey because its just a little too much blue over there. Hard to tell stuff apart.

Not necessarily. Both DWT and WWoHP soft opened before the TM preview.

WWoHP was a special case and DWT... yeah I have no clue what was going on there. Regardless, it should be standard protocol with JW.

They could very well not have softs but if they want to learn from Orlando I sure as hell hope they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.