Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping it's more intense than Cheetah Hunt, which I would consider to be a family coaster. Copperhead looks similar.

I agree that an RMC raptor or T-rex would've been best for this area, but at the same time I'm just grateful they're building a (supposed) thrill coaster to make up for Dragons.

I'm hoping it's more intense than Cheetah Hunt, which I would consider to be a family coaster. Copperhead looks similar.

I agree that an RMC raptor or T-rex would've been best for this area, but at the same time I'm just grateful they're building a (supposed) thrill coaster to make up for Dragons.

If the rumors are correct, this should match Taron on thrill level at the least. There's a good possibility it could be the fastest coaster in Florida, and the fastest multi-launch coaster in the world.

If this is truly going to be like like Taron... is IOA seriously the best theme park in the world? I mean, its almost ridiculous how great it is lol not to sound too much like a fanboy for Universal but still, such an impressive layout of attractions. Add in a potential replacement for Sinbad and boy I can't wait to ride all this.

If this is truly going to be like like Taron... is IOA seriously the best theme park in the world? I mean, its almost ridiculous how great it is lol not to sound too much like a fanboy for Universal but still, such an impressive layout of attractions. Add in a potential replacement for Sinbad and boy I can't wait to ride all this.

I think IoA runs neck and neck with MK for best park in Orlando, and probably beats it for me. Not sure I'd put it above Disneyland, Tokyo Disneyland, or DisneySea though. It's close, but it needs to replace Lost Continent and Toon Lagoon Theater before I can put it in that level.

For a grown up who doesn't want to get wet, IOA has 7 rides? If it's raining, they have 4. If you get motion sickness...

I love IOA. It's probably my favorite park. But let's not ignore that there are serious flaws in its ride lineup. Another Intamin isn't going to change that.

Thats fair, and a lot of that is based on personal taste. I do agree though, adding a dark ride for families where the Toon Lagoon Theatre is would make this park just that much better. I always thought SLOP wouldn't be a bad spot there, since Illumination can be spread out a bit more in the parks. Isn't NYC per say but personally Id rather they have the space there to build a large dark ride and do what they want there, rather than building within an existing space currently.

For a grown up who doesn't want to get wet, IOA has 7 rides? If it's raining, they have 4. If you get motion sickness...

I love IOA. It's probably my favorite park. But let's not ignore that there are serious flaws in its ride lineup. Another Intamin isn't going to change that.
Yes, IOA needs a few more non water E-tickets before it could be counted as number one

It's pretty darn awesome though

JP Coaster will be a nice surprise I think...I'm hoping they have some AAs on it

is IOA seriously the best theme park in the world?

IOA is in a good spot and this upcoming coaster will definitely add to it's impressive lineup, as to your question however...

63bd1d96ceeee528cbf2a7f4f5c9db19.jpg

Disneyland is, by far, the better overall park. Unless you are a stereotypical teen, young adult, and then DL is garbage and IOA is the best thing ever. It's about perspective. People's taste can skew which they prefer. Personally, I prefer IOA, but can still recognize that DL is the better park.

Disneyland is, by far, the better overall park. Unless you are a stereotypical teen, young adult, and then DL is garbage and IOA is the best thing ever. It's about perspective. People's taste can skew which they prefer. Personally, I prefer IOA, but can still recognize that DL is the better park.
You millenials and your coasters

I agree with Disneyland being #1. I would say this due to the number and variety of rides along with the cohesiveness of the lands. IoA has diversity and theming but not the wide variety of rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.