Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

WHY. They have a new table service restaurant planned for Toy Story Land that this could somehow be implemented into if needed. Country Bear Jamboree is a huge part of what makes Frontierland. Please don't be true..

I will be extremely displeased if this rumor turns out to be accurate. Chapek seems determined to gut the unique souls of these parks, homogenizing them because he believes guests want a generic experience where they only see the same 10 IPs represented everywhere.

And to think, he could be running the whole company in a couple years.

I’m putting very low stock in this rumor as of now. It doesn’t seem to add up and Corless has a rocky rumor history lately.
and there was that rumor that Disney was using artificial leaks to make a case so they could ban Corliss. That's making more and more sense lately.

Or, and this is just me being a hopeful detective, someone saw some plans that looked like the frontage for Country Bears—but was actually the facade for the new Toy Story Land BBQ restaurant. And the marionette show will be on a stage inside there.

Mmmm.... share the Tortuga and Pecos kitchen/serving area? Yeah, I can't wait. Can I buy a FP for this yet?

From an operational/management stand point it's time for this to go. I can personally say that I do not care for the bears. I'd rather they use the space for seating or a new lounge/small restaurant.

From an operational/management stand point it's time for this to go. I can personally say that I do not care for the bears. I'd rather they use the space for seating or a new lounge/small restaurant.
giphy.gif

I like classic attractions... if CoP goes I will strap myself to the building... but the Bears never really worked for me. And most shows are 1/2 empty on busy days at the World's Busiest Theme Park.
I think part of that goes to how well integrated the attraction entrance/theme is with the building and many guests walk right by it without even realizing it’s there.

So Martin said he hasn't heard anything of the CBJ rumor:
Not yet. I can’t say it’s not true, just that I haven’t heard of it myself.

CBJ attracts under half of park attendees. The percentage is in the high 30s. But over half of those who do attend rate it as excellent. And like I said I know of proposals for a refresh for the 50th. But not a wholesale IP rebuild.