Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2) | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If they have land that cannot be fully developed or has to remain within a wetland guideline, that might be a way to still use it. It could sell some hotel rooms, at the very least. There was a plan for a larger stadium between Aquatica and 528/the Beachline, so there is outside interest in sports facilities off Disney property. As far as golf courses, there are production offices for the Golf Channel (owned by NBCUniversal) right off Kirkman Rd, too, so that could help it’s chances for development. Or it could be buffer land/protected wetlands.

There are no wrong answers here, just speculations on what that land could be used for, if it really would have restrictions.

I think Uni will keep the wetlands as a buffer to separate themselves from the less touristy area across the turnpike. If Uni would like to tie a golf course with their Golf Channel they could partners with the Rosen Shingle Creek.

Alright I’m done I was just trying to talk about the expansion plans but I guess none of that is related when I was talking about parks.

It's not that we can't talk about expansion plans, but let's talk about what is actually happening vs. constantly asking about things so far ahead that Universal probably doesn't even have concrete plans on them yet.

It's like when I've told my kids that I'm planning a vacation next year to Universal, but they keep asking me about where we might go on the next vacation after that.

Will we likely go on a subsequent vacation after next year? Yes, but who knows when, where, for how long...... just stop constantly asking me about it when we haven't even gone on our next actually planned vacation.

Reactions: therock and tielo
Pointe Orlando, right down the road from Site B, looks to be making significant redevelopment.

Pointe Orlando to Undergo $32 Million Redevelopment

Side note, about further expansion beyond the third theme park...

I think it's reasonable to say "does it look like they're planning for more?" Look at Beijing where this answer is obviously yes. But Orlando site B is tougher... I think the only reasonable discussion for this thread is "what is this land used for?" And the answer right now is "we don't know" for most of it. We know back of house operations, FW, and the parking lot. I'm eyeing some of those other plots for future garages, so if they start building hotels instead then that sparks a lot of discussion.

As far as what IPs/etc, that's silly and needs to go to the blue sky for sure, but even there I think discussing what IPs for the next next park is not going to be received well.

Last edited:
Reactions: tankart150
Pointe Orlando, right down the road from Site B, looks to be making significant redevelopment.

Pointe Orlando to Undergo $32 Million Redevelopment

Side note, about further expansion beyond the third theme park...

I think it's reasonable to say "does it look like they're planning for more?" Look at Beijing where this answer is obviously yes. But Orlando site B is tougher... I think the only reasonable discussion for this thread is "what is this land used for?" And the answer right now is "we don't know" for most of it. We know back of house operations, FW, and the parking lot. I'm eyeing some of those other plots for future garages, so if they start building hotels instead then that sparks a lot of discussion.

As far as what IPs/etc, that's silly and needs to go to the blue sky for sure, but even there I think discussing what IPs for the next next park is not going to be received well.

I'm sure lots of nearby business will follow suit and improve their appearances/options in preparation of more traffic flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.