Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando Resort Expansion News (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shamu will become homeless is my guess.
How much longer do you think the famous killer whale has to go to keep his parks running well financially before a buyer comes in to purchase SeaWorkd once and for all if that’s where Uni buys land next. I thought Stan Thomas was supposed to have a huge chunk of land sold around the new property in driving distance very close. Guess we will have to wait and see. Hopefully SeaWorld will make it in general.

How much longer do you think the famous killer whale has to go to keep his parks running well financially before a buyer comes in to purchase SeaWorkd once and for all if that’s where Uni buys land next. I thought Stan Thomas was supposed to have a huge chunk of land sold around the new property in driving distance very close. Guess we will have to wait and see. Hopefully SeaWorld will make it in general.

Not the thread for this...

Ok so they already have space for the fourth park, 2nd water park, fifth theme park, but need to buy more land for hotels? Sorry about thinking ahead I’m just interested on what they’ll all do with the land come 2025 maybe we will have a better idea.

Ok so they already have space for the fourth park, 2nd water park, fifth theme park, but need to buy more land for hotels? Sorry about thinking ahead I’m just interested on what they’ll all do with the land come 2025 maybe we will have a better idea.

If you go back to page 28 (or somewhere close) in this thread you will see a map posted by one the threads contributors. Hope this helps!

I question whether they actually have the space for all of those things mentioned (outside of the new Theme park that is under construction). Based on the shape of the land they own in that area, I don't see them being able to build all of that, unless they also can somehow buy the big chunk of land owned by Lockheed Martin.

Attaching the image that was posted on Page 28, the majority of the Central purple area is being taken up by the New park and potentially connected Hotel. Then from there you have oddly shaped strips of land that I don't see being large enough for another Theme Park. The upper right purple area *maybe* could fit another park, but it puts it in an odd location. So *maybe* they squeeze another water park there. Dunno.

Attachments

• UniversalLand.jpg
    UniversalLand.jpg
    589.3 KB · Views: 64
I question whether they actually have the space for all of those things mentioned (outside of the new Theme park that is under construction). Based on the shape of the land they own in that area, I don't see them being able to build all of that, unless they also can somehow buy the big chunk of land owned by Lockheed Martin.

Attaching the image that was posted on Page 28, the majority of the Central purple area is being taken up by the New park and potentially connected Hotel. Then from there you have oddly shaped strips of land that I don't see being large enough for another Theme Park. The upper right purple area *maybe* could fit another park, but it puts it in an odd location. So *maybe* they squeeze another water park there. Dunno.

Upper right is wetlands, i believe the northernmost headwaters of the Everglades. Pretty sure they won’t develop there.

Disney owns the sports competition market, so I doubt Universal will attempt. Land is better spent for hotels and other profit centers, Disney has the advantage of owning so much land.

If they have land that cannot be fully developed or has to remain within a wetland guideline, that might be a way to still use it. It could sell some hotel rooms, at the very least. There was a plan for a larger stadium between Aquatica and 528/the Beachline, so there is outside interest in sports facilities off Disney property. As far as golf courses, there are production offices for the Golf Channel (owned by NBCUniversal) right off Kirkman Rd, too, so that could help it’s chances for development. Or it could be buffer land/protected wetlands.

There are no wrong answers here, just speculations on what that land could be used for, if it really would have restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.