Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Again: let’s wait til say, the end of summer til we declare this the end of the world.

Remember how much of a train wreck the first few weeks of Frozen Ever After was? I’m guessing not anymore!

Or the first few weeks of Forbidden Journey. Or the first few weeks of Gringotts. The fact is we'e been here before with the other Potter rides.

Does anyone know how the ride ran last night once it opened back up?

Seems like the only recent new ride for Universal & Disney that has opened nearly flawless, has been Fast & Furious, and we all know what a disaster that ride is. So, in reality, smooth initial running doesn't have a whole lot to do with an attraction's quality. If you're planning on riding a new attraction during it's opening weeks, especially an outdoor attraction in Florida's summer, you're really rolling the dice.

While I do feel sorry for those really hoping to ride and coming up short, I really enjoy hearing about all of the idiosyncrasies this ride system is revealing. It is like an escape room where every puzzle must be solved, one after the other, until success is achieved.

Waited in line for ~4 hrs yesterday, got booted and the red pass when it got delayed, then eventually rode it last night after it re-opened. It’s exactly what I hoped this would be, a great mix of thrill, theme, creativity in attraction design, if this is an indication of the quality of Universal attractions from here on out, a new park would be seriously great.

I’m in front of Sinbad waiting a 2nd time. ;)

Waited in line for ~4 hrs yesterday, got booted and the red pass when it got delayed, then eventually rode it last night after it re-opened. It’s exactly what I hoped this would be, a great mix of thrill, theme, creativity in attraction design, if this is an indication of the quality of Universal attractions from here on out, a new park would be seriously great.

I’m in front of Sinbad waiting a 2nd time. ;)
Are there characters out again today?

I like the party atmosphere they got going on out in the holding line in front of Sindbad. There were characters hanging out with us, popular music piping through the speakers, and all the free water and repeated bathroom trips you want.

If it wasn’t for the sun’s death rays, it’d be a real fun time.

I like the party atmosphere they got going on out in the holding line in front of Sindbad. There were characters hanging out with us, popular music piping through the speakers, and all the free water and repeated bathroom trips you want.

Yup! It’s exactly as you described and it’s nice enough for what it is, same characters out too!

That doesn't sound like a hellhole to me. :lol: Sounds like pretty positive customer relation attempts.

That doesn't sound like a hellhole to me. :lol: Sounds like pretty positive customer relation attempts.
And I think I mentioned it before, but thought it was nice that TMs were letting families know that only 1 member of your group has to actually stay in line. The rest could leave and enjoy the park. Then return midday. Just use the secret password to get back in.

Even if you weren’t going to ride other things, just being allowed to hang out at the nearby outdoor tables by the kabob stand under the shade could be better for the kids and grandma than standing in line, so I appreciated that they were allowing it.

So you could actually tag team for moments in the shade it sounds like.
While in the real Hagrid queue, you could exit and get a little ticket to get back in. Again, as long as someone was holding your place in line for you.

They also have an exorbitant amount of drink and snack stands, both inside the real queue, and outside in the holding queue by Sindbad. They sell lots of different kinds of beverages, chips, and fruit cups, so you don't die while waiting, which is nice.

But, being able to leave the queue with your little return ticket to get the family a tray of frozen Butterbeers or a big 'ol pretzel is also nice.

While in the real Hagrid queue, you could exit and get a little ticket to get back in. Again, as long as someone was holding your place in line for you.

They also have an exorbitant amount of drink and snack stands, both inside the real queue, and outside in the holding queue by Sindbad. They sell lots of different kinds of beverages, chips, and fruit cups, so you don't die while waiting, which is nice.

But, being able to leave the queue with your little return ticket to get the family a tray of frozen Butterbeers or a big 'ol pretzel is also nice.
The only regret I have for my 10 hour wait (for my first ride through) on opening day was not taking better advantage of leaving the queue and coming back. Sure we went to the restroom a couple of times, but we should have gone to our locker to grab our poncho+umbrella (after entering the formal queue) when it started raining. A lot of people should have.

I feel like the line re-enter and locker reopen policies should have been better communicated, because these were things we had to walk up to a TM and ask specifically about.

The only regret I have for my 10 hour wait (for my first ride through) on opening day was not taking better advantage of leaving the queue and coming back. Sure we went to the restroom a couple of times, but we should have gone to our locker to grab our poncho+umbrella (after entering the formal queue) when it started raining. A lot of people should have.

I feel like the line re-enter and locker reopen policies should have been better communicated, because these were things we had to walk up to a TM and ask specifically about.
Correct. If you were waiting in an area with TMs, like the lab room, you have much better communication. If you were trapped in a tunnel, you have no freakin' clue what was going on or what was and wasn't allowed. Agreed.

Today could be interesting with how clear the radar is looking. May end up trying to get my first ride even this afternoon if they can keep it operating lol.

And in addition to the paid items there were tons of free water in water coolers and bottled water.

And in addition to the paid items there were tons of free water in water coolers and bottled water.
In the real queue, the inside Hagrid queue? No, I didn't see any there. There were tons of free water tables outside in the holding area in front of Sindbad (as I mentioned earlier in the post with Puss in Boots,) and in the area in front of the train station, sure. But as soon as you passed through the Hagrid arch, only paid items were available (and the couple water fountains found in the queue).

I don’t understand how anyone can say this isn’t Universals fault. Its 100% there fault and why they are now getting this type of kick back. They chose to stick to an opening date where they did zero softs. They obviously failed to test this thing to the right stress point before opening it in a blaze of glory. I understand that people would be upset if they pushed it back but that would have been the correct thing to than where they are now.

Also if the 7 launches are the issue due to overheating then isn’t this something that should have been discovered at design stage. I am assuming they will have done many many computer simulations with all cars at various temps. For me not good enough Universal

I don’t understand how anyone can say this isn’t Universals fault. Its 100% there fault and why they are now getting this type of kick back. They chose to stick to an opening date where they did zero softs. They obviously failed to test this thing to the right stress point before opening it in a blaze of glory. I understand that people would be upset if they pushed it back but that would have been the correct thing to than where they are now.

Also if the 7 launches are the issue due to overheating then isn’t this something that should have been discovered at design stage. I am assuming they will have done many many computer simulations with all cars at various temps. For me not good enough Universal

Not all issues can be discovered with computer simulations; unexpected issues can always arise.

I do have to wonder why they didn't just announce soft openings for June, with an official opening later on in the summer. Would that have really decreased bookings/attendance? The same people would have been able to ride with the understanding that it's still being tested and adjusted.