1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Discussion in 'Islands of Adventure' started by Joe, Jun 10, 2019.

1. SailwiththeTide

SailwiththeTide Rookie

They knew they would have problems the moment they chose Intamin. :freak:

therock, fryoj and Andysol like this.
  2. gabe3235

gabe3235 Member

To be fair, if any other manufacture tried to do what they wanted, it would be just as much of a disaster. The only difference is that Intamin is one of the only companies willing to do stuff like this.

Andysol, snayberry, Sithina and 4 others like this.
  3. UniversalRBLX

UniversalRBLX Veteran Member

Yep. Intamin or change the ride elements completely.

4. Tbad556

Tbad556 Veteran Member

Officially open for the day with a 180 minute posted wait. Let's see how this goes today.

therock and JungleSkip like this.
  5. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

I like this guy. Handled it like a mature adult instead of an entitled a-hole like most of Twitter seems to be.

I'm with Skip and P@n here, not with Joe or Brian.

Anyone who knows a thing about theme parks knows about Intamin's reliability. Every single one of us knew it, and we're not nearly as knowledgable as those who are actually building the ride.
    This is on Universal; 100%. They knew what they were getting and they signed up for it. Then they chose release the date and stuck to it. Again, it's on Universal. No one else. Everyone and their dog knew this thing was going to have issues the first several weeks and needed Tech rehearsals.

It's like signing Randy Gregory to your football team and then being surprised he smoked weed and got caught.

It's ridiculous, right? "My media conglomerate's park is cooler than your media conglomerate's park". It isn't your girlfriend whose honor you're defending. It's an F'in park.
    The people who rush to defend or attack either Universal or Disney are pretty sad individuals (or just really, really nerdy).

Sitting here still wondering why they don't do this route.

A bunch of weird fanboys on the internet complaining about not getting our dates is trivial. It wasn't bad PR for them, it was just annoying to a few of us. This actually impacts paying customers currently in their parks.
    They shouldn't have announced without knowing when they were going to have firm technical rehearsals and then give them a good 4-6 weeks after that date. As you said in your other post, maybe they don't give us those dates anymore.
    That's assuming they learned anything; which as we know, they're slow learners.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    Furiated, therock and OhHaiInternet95 like this.
  6. Tbad556

Tbad556 Veteran Member

Up to a 210 min wait, but so far so good it seems.

2:10 PM EDIT: Back down to 180 min

3 PM EDIT: Seems like it's been down for about 30 minutes or so now. Wait time is no longer posted on the app:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    therock, Coasted, Teebin and 2 others like this.
  7. Brian G.

Brian G. Staff Member Administrator

OK? My point was about Ops and the TMs doing what they can with what they were given.... They weren't the ones that chose Intamin.

jtsalien, Sithina and Tbad556 like this.
  8. LintemuthStudios

LintemuthStudios Veteran Member

On the bright side, at least this wasn't a Volcano-Bay-level blunder. It could have been a lot worse.

Andysol likes this.
  9. Tbad556

Tbad556 Veteran Member

Back up & running with a 180 min wait posted. Roughly an hour downtime.

chriss.moyer and Alicia like this.
  10. chriss.moyer

chriss.moyer Newcomer

I’ve done it 3 times these past few days!! It gets better every single ride! Definitely one of, if not the best attractions Universal has ever made!

Joel, belloq87, Andysol and 6 others like this.
  11. hr13

hr13 Newcomer

Happy to hear it - I’m going Monday, so I’m excited! How have your average wait times been, and at what point in the day?

therock likes this.
  12. soilsigh

soilsigh Rookie

It's great to hear that people are still enjoying this ride. The negativity in this thread is a bit much! When it comes down to it, in a month or so this ride will be a great addition to the park! The characters on the queue were a nice touch from Universal!!

Sithina, Mad Dog, jrn14 and 1 other person like this.
  13. chriss.moyer

chriss.moyer Newcomer

Well, I haven’t waited in line..... Haha. My friend has a disability and we’ve gotten a pass, and we’re allowed to get a re-ride right after our first!

14. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

Right, but that's not all you said. Regarding TMs, I agree with you. You also said "I'd argue it's not really an Ops issue, either - but a #Intamin one" and I disagree with you on that 2nd point.
    I don't think it's Ops or Intamin, but UOR upper management or whoever decided to release and stick to that opening date knowing they were dancing with the devil, so to speak

What "negativity" are you reading?

All I've read is that anyone who rides it absolutely adores it and says it's worth the hours-long wait.

15. Brian G.

You do realize you're taking bits of different points from different conversations to compare to your diverging point? In the context of the discussion in which my reply was used, I was speaking in regards to the handling of the downtime. Ops is not the reason the ride keeps going down, it's the fact that another Intamin ride is having issues, let alone the rain delays not helping matters.

Andysol likes this.
  16. OhHaiInternet95

OhHaiInternet95 Veteran Member

I mean, all I've heard everyone say is how great Intamin is and how glad that boring, forceless B&M :whistle: is gone.

This is what Intamins tend to do upon opening. And when you have a still extremely popular IP like Potter attached, operations ain't gonna go smoothly early on.

17. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

Apologies- I was out of the country and had about 30 pages of catchup. My eyes likely glossed over plenty there.

I'm definitely glad it's Intamin vs something else. We even had that proposition here months ago- would you rather have Intamin with all it's initial downtime issues or something safer but tamer and not as "boundaries pushing". This is the trade off. My main issue is that everyone here knew that's what you get with Intamin; an amazing coaster with startup problems. UOR seemed to have forgotten. Or more likely, didn't care.

therock, OhHaiInternet95 and Brian G. like this.
  18. Brian G.

Thus the issue. Intamin is easy to work with as far as getting a ride custom-built to specifications. Mack is an option, too - but they aren't as flexible as Intamin. B&M coasters are world-class, but they don't stray too far from their designs. So when you want to push the envelope of ride systems, especially with complex custom layouts, there's a reason Intamin keeps being used.

Well, they were doing well. It all just started snowballing 3 weeks ago. They almost made it out unscathed.

Andysol and JungleSkip like this.
  19. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

Someone actually thought they were going this escape this project unscathed, of all projects? Lol.

I would've taken that bet with 1:50 odds.

20. Scott W.

Scott W. Premium Member

Did Fallon not have a relatively smooth opening?

Andysol and Mad Dog like this.