Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Hagrid's Magical Creature Motorbike Adventure

Not all issues can be discovered with computer simulations; unexpected issues can always arise.

I do have to wonder why they didn't just announce soft openings for June, with an official opening later on in the summer. Would that have really decreased bookings/attendance? The same people would have been able to ride with the understanding that it's still being tested and adjusted.

We rode Kong when it was in soft opening. We were kicked out of line due to breakdown twice, once when next in line for the ride. We also had one ride stall before entering the cave, and we were stuck there for about 15 minutes as the keystone kops figured out how to evacuate us all, and we had one full ride with no issues.

Because it was clearly a soft opening, none of the 3 bad experiences were actually considered bad experiences by my fam of 4. I think it all comes down to expectations.

Soft open- expectation of potential trouble.

Grand open- expectation of occasional minor trouble.

It appears this is a grand open with frequent major trouble. Thus the reaction or overreaction by many.

It's reasonable to expect some off and on trouble for a new attraction. But it's also reasonable to expect people impacted by the seemingly frequent and lengthy breakdowns to be frustrated, some greatly.

And a room with no AC? In Florida? Is this a real thing?

Or the first few weeks of Forbidden Journey.

There was a longer line for butterbeer that day. There was one 15 minute downtime each day to resyncronize the clocks. Until a drive blew up in one of the rv's on the 3rd week, requiring the first official evac. Keeping in mind there were 30+ (48 within the 1st month) vehicles each with a Kuka that has the tightest error tolerance out there. If a single motor rotated 0.5° or the transporter moved 75mm out of where it should have been, the entire building shut down. 30000+ people rode that ride daily (including opening day), with hourly counts in the 2k range regularly... Then they pissed off their guy, and he quit a few months before Gringotts opened. He comes back to these forums from time to time to watch UC fall on their face with a big "I told you so" grin.

This "Hagride" is about as basic as they come technology-wise. UC deletes proper ride testing from their schedule because the trades take it all up by being late and those opening dates don't change. Intamin just capitalizes on UC's own stupidity

There was a longer line for butterbeer that day. There was one 15 minute downtime each day to resyncronize the clocks. Until a drive blew up in one of the rv's on the 3rd week, requiring the first official evac. Keeping in mind there were 30+ (48 within the 1st month) vehicles each with a Kuka that has the tightest error tolerance out there. If a single motor rotated 0.5° or the transporter moved 75mm out of where it should have been, the entire building shut down. 30000+ people rode that ride daily (including opening day), with hourly counts in the 2k range regularly... Then they pissed off their guy, and he quit a few months before Gringotts opened. He comes back to these forums from time to time to watch UC fall on their face with a big "I told you so" grin.

This "Hagride" is about as basic as they come technology-wise. UC deletes proper ride testing from their schedule because the trades take it all up by being late and those opening dates don't change. Intamin just capitalizes on UC's own stupidity

Wait what?

Then they pissed off their guy, and he quit a few months before Gringotts opened. He comes back to these forums from time to time to watch UC fall on their face with a big "I told you so" grin.

??? What guy is this you are talking about? What is his name? Why does he have an I told you so grin? What did he tell and who did he tell it to?

Got in line a little under an hour ago. Sitting under the castle archway rn and the line hasn’t moved in around 20 minutes now even though the trains are still frequently going by. So strange.

Edit: Movement!

Did Fallon not have a relatively smooth opening?
For the most part, though they had to downgrade the motion since it was shaking the building. Turned out for the best though since the beauty of the simulator is it's smooth motion....But, both F&F & Fallon opened well before the June/July pressure time. Universal really needs to stay away from those summer deadlines. They always have issues when they rush to meet an opening, instead of having the non pressure of taking their time.

Just putting it out there that the max capacity of FJ is 1800, (bench every 8 seconds) so it never had " hourly counts in the 2k range regularly". Sorry I'm a nerd about capacity stuff (and not trying to come off as rude).

Got in line a little under an hour ago. Sitting under the castle archway rn and the line hasn’t moved in around 20 minutes now even though the trains are still frequently going by. So strange.

They have been handing out so many ruby express tickets for people that were kicked out of line/people with handicaps that get return times that feed into Hagrid's lab, that it causes the regular line to stop quite a bit.

For those interested, there is a youtube video out there of someone that broke down after the drop scene with all the lights on, cool to see. Mods if this isn't allowed feel free to get rid of it.

I think one of the issues that's not really being talked about much (that i've seen) is that even when the ride is running, the hourly capacity is fairly abysmal. I know it could increase if they start getting comfortable running more trains at once, but until then I think it's possible that a low capacity ride like Frozen Ever After is doing higher hourly numbers.

Delay message has finally played. Unfortunate.

EDIT: Maybe not? We still got shuffled into the preshow. Not complaining.

I think one of the issues that's not really being talksed about much (that i've seen) is that even when the ride is running, the hourly capacity is fairly abysmal. I know it could increase if they start getting comfortable running more trains at once, but until then I think it's possible a that a low capacity ride like Frozen Ever After is doing higher hourly numbers.
Alicia, on her Theme Park Stop site, said that they've been running 6 trains or less. When they tried a 7th train they ran into tech issues. If they could get up to 10 or 12, like expected, it would be fine. Alicia said the departure times are pretty good, "when it's running"..Add on: from Alicia , "when it's running OK they've been getting 75 dispatches per hour, with 6 trains on the track, that's 1,050 riders through one hour"

Last edited:
I think one of the issues that's not really being talksed about much (that i've seen) is that even when the ride is running, the hourly capacity is fairly abysmal. I know it could increase if they start getting comfortable running more trains at once, but until then I think it's possible that a low capacity ride like Frozen Ever After is doing higher hourly numbers.

It’s doing more than 700-800 an hour.