Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Kennedy Space Center

KSC was the only park I had a season pass the last couple years I was in Orlando, and I'd head out 3-4 times a year. I love it. Love the Launch experience. Love the tours. It's definitely worth a trip.

KSC was the only park I had a season pass the last couple years I was in Orlando, and I'd head out 3-4 times a year. I love it. Love the Launch experience. Love the tours. It's definitely worth a trip.
I'd recommend going during the winter holiday season. They have an awesome projection show on the biggest rocket they have. Definitely worth a day to look around and enjoy the tours and attractions. They even opened a new exhibit this past year called Heroes and Legends.

I'm heading there this week. Hoping to go see the Atlas V launch on 9th July. I've been to the visitor center a few times but always missed the launches, hopefully this one doesn't get delayed!

I'm just wondering where the best place to view it would be. Is it worth paying the extra $50 for the LC-39 Observation Gantry? Or is the main visitor complex good enough?

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!

I'm heading there this week. Hoping to go see the Atlas V launch on 9th July. I've been to the visitor center a few times but always missed the launches, hopefully this one doesn't get delayed!

I'm just wondering where the best place to view it would be. Is it worth paying the extra $50 for the LC-39 Observation Gantry? Or is the main visitor complex good enough?

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!
I've yet to see one from the gantry, but it's a great location! It's very close. I've seen an Atlas launch from the Saturn V center and it's a good second best. I would not recommend seeing one from the visitor center since you can't see the launch pad from there. You basically won't see anything until the rocket gets above the trees. I think outside of the observation gantry or the Saturn V center I would go with one of the public locations, either Playalinda beach or Rt 401 by the cruise terminal. Here's some good info: Rocket Launch Viewing at Cape Canaveral: Where & How to Watch, View and See Atlas 5, Delta 4 & Falcon 9 Launches

Unfortunately if you don't have some flexibility in your schedule I don't think it would be a good idea to buy launch tickets as it's probably more likely to change than not.

I've yet to see one from the gantry, but it's a great location! It's very close. I've seen an Atlas launch from the Saturn V center and it's a good second best. I would not recommend seeing one from the visitor center since you can't see the launch pad from there. You basically won't see anything until the rocket gets above the trees. I think outside of the observation gantry or the Saturn V center I would go with one of the public locations, either Playalinda beach or Rt 401 by the cruise terminal. Here's some good info: Rocket Launch Viewing at Cape Canaveral: Where & How to Watch, View and See Atlas 5, Delta 4 & Falcon 9 Launches

Unfortunately if you don't have some flexibility in your schedule I don't think it would be a good idea to buy launch tickets as it's probably more likely to change than not.

Thanks so much for the info. Much appreciated!

We leave on the 12th so there isn't a lot of flexibility. I'll keep an eye on the launch calender and decide nearer the time

Thanks so much for the info. Much appreciated!

We leave on the 12th so there isn't a lot of flexibility. I'll keep an eye on the launch calender and decide nearer the time
The Exploration Tower also sells tickets for 15 USD each for most launches. It’s elevated too, so the view is one of the best.

Kinda surprised no one has said anything about the new attraction going up behind the rocket garden. Anyone know what it's going to be? I think I read something about a flying theater being a possibility, though I don't remember where that article came from. From the progress they'd made as of last month, it looked like it could open within the next year.

Kinda surprised no one has said anything about the new attraction going up behind the rocket garden. Anyone know what it's going to be? I think I read something about a flying theater being a possibility, though I don't remember where that article came from. From the progress they'd made as of last month, it looked like it could open within the next year.
As usual Bio is on it. He posted a whole series on KSC before he got on the Carnival cruise. I would love to have a chunk of his frequent flyer miles.

As usual Bio is on it. He posted a whole series on KSC before he got on the Carnival cruise. I would love to have a chunk of his frequent flyer miles.

If anyone has yet to go to Kennedy it truly is a gem. There are a ton of fun things to do and some of the attractions will get you misty eyed (hello Atlantis experience)

As far as what they're building...A flying theater would be a great fit for them

If anyone has yet to go to Kennedy it truly is a gem. There are a ton of fun things to do and some of the attractions will get you misty eyed (hello Atlantis experience)

As far as what they're building...A flying theater would be a great fit for them
I’d kill to do attraction/exhibit design for them.

That building needs it, if I remember it had a deathly boring image show sponsored by somebody looked like it was from the '70s. Yeah, I remember....
I’ve got a concept for a Snoopy/Astronaut Training dark ride in my head that would be a blast.

Not sure when this was unveiled but we now have a name for the new attraction: it's going to be called Gateway: the Deep Space Launch Complex, opening in March. KSC is describing it as a "showcase of NASA and commercial spaceflight and an immersive “journey” through space," so I guess we now know vaguely what it's going to be about.
Still no word on whether this could include a flying theater or any other form of ride... From the size of the building I'd imagine you could probably fit one inside, but it could also just be a large diorama or dome theater or something.

I definitely agree on this. Even with a relatively small footprint there's more to do than you could get to in one day and they're constantly keeping it fresh with new additions and upgrades. I've enjoyed watching them grow over the past decade from a glorified museum into more or less a major Orlando theme park and hope they'll continue to grow in the years to come.

Lot's of cool space stuff going in there:
  1. Falcon first stage, with one of its missions being the Falcon Heavy that sent Elon Musk's Tesla to space
  2. Boeing Starliner, engineering design unit
  3. Orion full scale model
  4. SLS scale model
  5. a lot more!