Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Ghostbusters: Afterlife

The people who made GHOSTBUSTERS couldn't even make a passable sequel.

Let it die.

Seeing this post like--

giphy.gif

VERY happy to hear this. A "passing of the torch" reboot is the best way to go about this. It worked for Extreme Ghostbusters.

Also am I the only one who kinda likes GB2? Yeah, it's not perfect, it's not as good as the original, but it gets way more hate than it really deserves.

This more than makes up for the remake nobody wanted. Now we can really forget that ever happened.

Really hoping this does well so Uni can make a full-on ride out of this. Huge pipe-dream here.

I think the reason why I'm excited, is because of how they revived Jumanji.

Sure, it wasn't the best of the year; but it was the most surprising films of 2017; and brought back that franchise in a light that's really exciting.

If Jason can do that, in a similar way to how Halloween went down; then we are in for a treat with Ghostbusters.

Ghostbusters, is seemingly back to being alive; as Jason Reitman will be helming a brand new Ghostbusters film; set in the original universe.

Exclusive: New Ghostbusters movie in the works with Jason Reitman directing | EW.com

Reitman, will direct & co-write the film; with his father: Ivan Reitman (the original director of the first two) to help produce, as the film is slated for Summer 2020.

The film, will be set in the original universe; and will be a direct sequel to Ghostbusters II.
YES!

I actually have more memories of watching Ghostbusters 2 as a child than the first one so I have a soft spot for it. Loved the reboot and excited for this one too.

I was already game for a new in-continuity GHOSTBUSTERS, and the assembled new cast were going to be enough to have me looking forward to this. Carrie Coon, especially, but also McKenna Grace and Finn Wolfhard have chops.

But then came the word that all of the key (still living) players from the originals (minus Rick Moranis, but maybe they can talk him into it!) were reprising their roles.

And now Paul Rudd?

I am genuinely getting very excited.

The eternal youth of Paul Rudd in the Ghostbusters franchise? Sign. me. up.

Ghostbusters needs comedic talent to keep going (no shade towards 2016). I hope they keep this up.

I was already game for a new in-continuity GHOSTBUSTERS, and the assembled new cast were going to be enough to have me looking forward to this. Carrie Coon, especially, but also McKenna Grace and Finn Wolfhard have chops.

The fact Coon is in this changes the entire game for me. She’s certainly drama-heavy, so I would expect a much darker version w/ drama and some comedic elements splashed in (similar to original GB) vs slapstick, like that woke atrocity tried just a few years ago.

Either way, Coon is a freakin’ beast. One of the best (if not the best, IMO) actresses out there. She’s unbelievably talented.

The fact Coon is in this changes the entire game for me. She’s certainly drama-heavy, so I would expect a much darker version w/ drama and some comedic elements splashed in (similar to original GB) vs slapstick, like that woke atrocity tried just a few years ago.

Either way, Coon is a freakin’ beast. One of the best (if not the best, IMO) actresses out there. She’s unbelievably talented.

As soon as she was announced as being part of the cast, my reaction was, "Oh, so this is going to actually be a real movie, not purely a comedy." I would expect she (and perhaps the kids, although I'm expecting they'll be more heavily involved in the humor) will fill a similar spot as Sigourney Weaver in the original -- a more grounded emotional anchor.

For anyone who hasn’t seen Carrie Coon’s work:

For those who have watched The Leftovers, that throat “gulp” at 0:40... :faint:
She’s absolutely perfect. What a gem.

For those that haven’t watched The Leftovers... what are you doing?