Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Secret Life of Pets: Off the Leash (Construction Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 6.17.43 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-07-04 at 6.17.54 PM.png
wondering if Uni is worried at all about the box office failure of SLOP2? It's quite staggering how bad the sequel did compared to the firsts numbers which were giant

Merchandise will be more important than that of box office sales.

And also, Pets hasn't even hit China yet.

Edit: 1st only did $58 in China, so even if it does double that, it will still be a flop WW.

Anyone know what kind of numbers they pull for this franchise, merch wise? Does it do well? Or should they scrap this and make it trolls instead?

Edit: 1st only did $58 in China, so even if it does double that, it will still be a flop WW.

Anyone know what kind of numbers they pull for this franchise, merch wise? Does it do well? Or should they scrap this and make it trolls instead?
It’s a bit too late to scrap it now. It’s happening.

Dude it already made a profit WW the budget for the film was $72 million plus $50 million dollar P&A.

Still drastically underperformed, though. It only made money because of how cheap Illumination makes their movies.

It underperformed for sure but again none of Illumination's film have flopped or lost money in the box office and have proven merch sales which is probably why they approved Illumination rides faster and at larger scales than DW.

It underperformed for sure but again none of Illumination's film have flopped or lost money in the box office and have proven merch sales which is probably why they approved Illumination rides faster and at larger scales than DW.
Rides have only been based off of two Illumination franchises and let us not forget Shrek was there first. Fact of the matter is, Universal just recently acquired DreamWorks, so they didn't have reason to try to implement them into the parks until the past few years.

Given the box office drop, I really hope this ride gets big guest satisfaction numbers and moves a lot of merchandise. Otherwise it's probably not likely to be cloned elsewhere.

Given the box office drop, I really hope this ride gets big guest satisfaction numbers and moves a lot of merchandise. Otherwise it's probably not likely to be cloned elsewhere.

At least it’s a new ride system for universal and it would be extremely easy to clone and toss on a new theme. That’s what I meant with trolls. Obviously the ride and layout are built and done, I just meant when it comes to scenic it wouldn’t be that difficult to reskin to another IP. Of course for USH version it’s already announced and I’m sure stuff is well into fabrication, but perhaps for another park.

At least it’s a new ride system for universal and it would be extremely easy to clone and toss on a new theme. That’s what I meant with trolls. Obviously the ride and layout are built and done, I just meant when it comes to scenic it wouldn’t be that difficult to reskin to another IP. Of course for USH version it’s already announced and I’m sure stuff is well into fabrication, but perhaps for another park.
I think this already is a clone with a different theme. This is likely using the same ride system as Yoshi.

I think this already is a clone with a different theme. This is likely using the same ride system as Yoshi.

Right I was going to mention that you said it’s the same ride system but wasn’t sure of the layout since it’s in such a compact space.

I miss all of Alicia’s updates now that things are open, NEXT PROJECT PLEASE

The second film is obviously not performing very well, and doesn't bode well for more movies.

Think they shouldn't have gave in by removing Louis CK.

Status
Not open for further replies.