Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

I assume you didn’t ride it did you? Because there are dead Dino’s in the middle segment.
Yeah but it’s just a downed Pterosaur from what it looks like. Hardly as impactful as the moments from the movie. But to answer your question no I haven’t ridden it but I have ridden JPRA and this looks much better.

Edit:
But my main critique is that they only made the best parts of the ride better (in my opinion, though I know many are not happy with the mosasaur) and left the middle as empty and lifeless as it already was making it even more glaring that nothing is going on. But even as such I’d take anything that updates JP (specifically a new angry carnivore) as a plus. So my criticism kind of cancels itself out haha it’s like my brain is arguing with itself.

Last edited:
Originally I thought I was gonna hate this ride. Once I saw the first YouTube POV I was disappointed. After watching it a few more times the ride has really grown on me. It’s definitely an improvement overall. But with some obvious problems. Predator Cove...

A lot of people are saying that Disney would never cheap out and do something like this.

Incredicoaster says hello

There is a full body part missing from the Indo rex. Im thinking this will be added later maybe when the yearly refurb happens since im sure they still need to do that with the track being the same. Its supposes to be way closer to the t rex. The ride as of right now is still unfinished. So there is still a lot of things to look forward too. Also. THE AMOUNT OF BLOOD IN THAT SCENE IS AWESOME.(Indo cage escape)

The final scene: I think we are going to see the Indo rex do more once its time for media and an opening. We never see it's arms and that is such a big feature, plus it was teased in the promo. I also think the timing is off. When the T-rex lunges out of the dark right before we drop its thrilling, it implies that the battle is happening behind us as we fall. When the T-rex lunges before we approach the drop it seems weird. I think all the effects are there, its still only day two of technical rehearsals for a ride that has no opening date just yet.

My fear is that the ride was opened for summer crowds, universal sees guests loving it and decide not to complete the finale. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

Definitely super sad that the greatest scene in the ride is completely gone. The giant Dinosaurs in the lagoon as you hear John William's music is a theme park moment like no other. I am very upset that this scene and these dinos are gone as they were the heart of the ride.

There is no "wow" moment anymore, the ride from 20 years ago was superior.

With this, T2, ET, and BTTF all being ruined, the park is no longer as strong as it was.

. When the T-rex lunges before we approach the drop it seems weird. I think all the effects are there, its still only day two of technical rehearsals for a ride that has no opening date just yet.

My fear is that the ride was opened for summer crowds, universal sees guests loving it and decide not to complete the finale. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

I think it will definitely get fixed. People have been getting stick up there from 30 seconds to almost 2 minutes (correct me if I'm wrong). Five Fires posted his POV and by the time you reach the drop the T-Rex is already retracted back to it's entry point. That's by far the worst timing POV I've seen so far. It'll get worked out.

There is a full body part missing from the Indo rex. Im thinking this will be added later maybe when the yearly refurb happens since im sure they still need to do that with the track being the same. Its supposes to be way closer to the t rex. The ride as of right now is still unfinished. So there is still a lot of things to look forward too. Also. THE AMOUNT OF BLOOD IN THAT SCENE IS AWESOME.(Indo cage escape)

Are you saying this because your sources said July 4 was previews or saying this because you admitted you guessed and got right the July 4 preview date?

Is it too late for Universal to add other animatronics? For Predator Cove, I was thinking having a bunch of Pteranadons and compies eating a dead person or dead dino. Also I wish the Spinosaurus got some love too, I know its too much but I would love to see Spino being added or Carnatourus or Baryonx.

Definitely super sad that the greatest scene in the ride is completely gone. The giant Dinosaurs in the lagoon as you hear John William's music is a theme park moment like no other. I am very upset that this scene and these dinos are gone as they were the heart of the ride.

There is no "wow" moment anymore, the ride from 20 years ago was superior.

With this, T2, ET, and BTTF all being ruined, the park is no longer as strong as it was.

I don’t miss seeing the parking garage in the distance, Dino’s with half broken necks, and doors that rarely opened, or opened out of sync with their sound effects. I mean, it was great in theory, but the execution had been lacking for a long time.

And IMO, ET has always been a terrible ride from day one (I enjoy the queue, that’s the best I can muster). BTTF was fine, but terribly dated. I’ll give you T2, I think that nearly holds up. But those other two rides... I don’t really miss them at all. Also, WWoHP didn’t make the park stronger for you? You must really hate Galaxy’s Edge...

Many of the people that dislike some of the changes on this ride were ones the grew up when the original opened so they’re going to be biased. Many of the younger individuals seemed to have a more positive reaction to it.

I've been seeing a lot of complaints on Twitter and in YouTube comments regarding the timing of the final scene. With the ride being in technical rehearsal, even the TMs are getting used to procedures and familiar with the ride system. The timing of the show program is not the issue here. In order for the final scene to be timed correctly, the blocking/ braking section after the drop must be clear allowing the lift in front of the T-Rex to engage and initiate the drop sequence. The dispatches must be kept at a constant interval so that there is a constant flow of boats on the ride. For example, if TMs are unloading the boats slowly, there is limited space for boats to stop following the drop while waiting to enter the unload station. This creates a backup not only throughout the show building, but throughout the entire attraction. This was also common on JP: TR as seen below. However, the waterfall helped conceal the T-Rex which is why I assume people didn't think it was "timing issues" back then...

Hope this helped clear things up :)