Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Discussion - Jurassic World: The Ride

Y’all were just super quick to shoot down a person who ended up being right and I think it’s funny when people who are so sure of themselves end up being wrong. The right response to that person’s post is something like “Oh that’s interesting, who knows, maybe something is going on,” not “Fake news, I know what’s REALLY happening,” and then being totally proven wrong.

Sorry, there’s just a lot of irony and humor in that. And I stand by comment about the arrogance around here, some of y’all just clearly feel the need to be right 100% of the time, and we’re not talking about anything serious here. It’s a theme park.
Either way, it wasn't meant to be rude. You're just interpreting it that way. I am in no way right all the time. You can't interpret somebody's meaning and feeling just by reading words on a screen. Universal hadn't officially announced anything yet. I was going based off of "If Universal didn't say it, then it's wrong." They had yet to post anything. So therefore it wasn't about me being right, it was about Universal not confirming it yet. As for the T-rex legs thing, I just stated the fact that I didn't even notice. I never said other people wouldn't. Ease up rookie or you'll start making a lot of enemies here. We're all just here to have fun. Don't take everything so personally.

Last edited:
Y’all were just super quick to shoot down a person who ended up being right and I think it’s funny when people who are so sure of themselves end up being wrong. The right response to that person’s post is something like “Oh that’s interesting, who knows, maybe something is going on,” not “Fake news, I know what’s REALLY happening,” and then being totally proven wrong.

Sorry, there’s just a lot of irony and humor in that. And I stand by comment about the arrogance around here, some of y’all just clearly feel the need to be right 100% of the time, and we’re not talking about anything serious here. It’s a theme park.
You’re right. We aren’t. So why are YOU taking what some people say on here so seriously? And was I wrong? I explained to you how, at the time, I was right. Forgive me how I didn’t believe that US would just randomly open the ride with no fanfare, no media event, no announcement of date, but with an Instagram post that was posted AFTER I commented. And the ride still isn’t on the app. I think you need to take a look in the mirror before you call anyone arrogant.

To be fair to everyone, the poster who made the KROQ comment registered just a few days ago so we don't have any history to go off of.

BTW, KROQ is one of my most favorite radio stations which is a preset station in my car. So much that my username is named after Stryker from KROQ. I've always thought that was a cool name.

I was going based off of "If Universal didn't say it, then it's wrong."

Fake news. It’s not. A lot of media doesn’t understand technical rehearsals. They hear the ride is operating so they say it’s open and everybody freaks out. In reality it’s still in technical rehearsal. You can ride it but it’s subject to close whenever.

Literally nothing in there about Universal's decision or position. It's just you waxing intellectual about technical rehearsals and acting like you had all the answers. Again, just pointing out the irony and humor of that. We all make mistakes sometimes, it happens, but you positioning yourself as an expert and talking about how the media doesn't "understand" things, only to end up being wrong, is just too good. And yeah, it makes you arrogant.

I think you need to take a look in the mirror before you call anyone arrogant.

Nah I'm good.

Literally nothing in there about Universal's decision or position. It's just you waxing intellectual about technical rehearsals and acting like you had all the answers. Again, just pointing out the irony and humor of that. We all make mistakes sometimes, it happens, but you positioning yourself as an expert and talking about how the media doesn't "understand" things, only to end up being wrong, is just too good. And yeah, it makes you arrogant.

Nah I'm good.
Huh? Just because I don't explain my reasoning in a post (it's just a post) doesn't mean I'm trying to be right. The media has messed up so many times with ride openings. It's rare that they're actually right. It happens but it's few and far between.

Nah I'm good.
If all of this is just “ironic and humorous”, why are you taking this all so seriously? It’s just a ride at a theme park. We’re all here to have fun and enjoy a property together that we grew up with and love so much. At end the of the day, we’ll all get to ride it for years to come. It’s not that serious.

Last edited:
Riddle me This why was the ride closed most of yesterday in the afternoon but now its open....will it stay open from now on or is it going to keep shutting down near night time?

Maybe I just had bad timing and came one day before the "official" opening but its weird to me its open when everything is still in B mode, the end and the lightening in the tanks not reflecting if its night/day.

Riddle me This why was the ride closed most of yesterday in the afternoon but now its open....will it stay open from now on or is it going to keep shutting down near night time?

Maybe I just had bad timing and came one day before the "official" opening but its weird to me its open when everything is still in B mode, the end and the lightening in the tanks not reflecting if its night/day.

Prior to today, the attraction was in Technical Rehersals; periods of time when the ride was on and had the potential to go potentially down.

As far as B-Mode are considered..the Mosasaurus is complete, and there are different films for night, day, and inclement weather. Even if it's sometimes hard to tell, there are little things to note when there are different films (such as light in the water during the nighttime version).

Prior to today, the attraction was in Technical Rehersals; periods of time when the ride was on and had the potential to go potentially down.

As far as B-Mode are considered..the Mosasaurus is complete, and there are different films for night, day, and inclement weather. Even if it's sometimes hard to tell, there are little things to note when there are different films (such as light in the water during the nighttime version).
Yeah, for the casual rider who doesn’t know as much on the building of this ride as we do, it’s complete 100%. Anything they add on after this is icing on the cake. Great to think that this ride will only get better!

Yeah, for the casual rider who doesn’t know as much on the building of this ride as we do, it’s complete 100%. Anything they add on after this is icing on the cake. Great to think that this ride will only get better!

Right, and the only AA seemingly in B-Mode, is the I-Rex (which should get hopefully treated come January once the Seasonal Refurbs hopefully take place for the ride).

Right, and the only AA seemingly in B-Mode, is the I-Rex (which should get hopefully treated come January once the Seasonal Refurbs hopefully take place for the ride).
Crazy to think of “seasonal refubs” for this ride, already.

Also, is the Mosa “bumping” the boat a feature that we should expect at some point? Or is it just dramatic effect for the commercial?

The ride is now on the app. As far as press events and everything else, I think that is all been imagined by many of you here. The ride is open. Enjoy it. Obviously USH is not suffering any crowd problems this summer where they need to super hype this ride. People are aware of it and riding it as seen in the soft openings.

Thanks

Do you have Video of that? Because I have yet to see a video at night where the Tank looked to have night time lightening.

Maybe I am just missing it but all the video's i look at look like Nature Sun Light coming in
I think the difference is subtle but I just watched a day and night and in the day you can tell there are light rays coming through as if the lighting source is the sun. I have not done a night ride but plan to this weekend.