Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Disneyland’s Attendance Issues Summer 2019

Didn't Disney promise like robots running around GE and other entertainment? I know they held of on it because they didn't want a good first impression or something, but maybe it is time they role out that stuff to see if it helps the overall perception. There was also that thing with super realistic light sabers that I still haven't seen. Or maybe it was all pr bullpoop and they again over promised and under delivered.

2019-june-7-Adults-at-Kids-Blogger-FB-Logo.jpg

Poop in one hand, then wish in another. Let me know which one works out for you. :thumbsup:

Didn't Disney promise like robots running around GE and other entertainment? I know they held of on it because they didn't want a good first impression or something, but maybe it is time they role out that stuff to see if it helps the overall perception. There was also that thing with super realistic light sabers that I still haven't seen. Or maybe it was all pr bullpoop and they again over promised and under delivered.

2019-june-7-Adults-at-Kids-Blogger-FB-Logo.jpg

I thought I would go over the old video's from the announcement and from 2017. It is a bit telling that the reaction of the crowd, when they announced the names of the (new trilogy) characters, the crowd was quite silent. There where cheers with Chewbacca and for whatever reason Rex but nothing on the other characters.
It's also shocking how the look and feel changed from something very vertical and cozy to whatever the concrete and stale looking place it is now. I get that it's concept art but the feel is lost, the feel of all the aliens and robots. It's also telling when both rides are announced the last one (the one that should be the best I guess) is the Millennium Falcon. That is the thing that should people get excited but even the audience didn't go wild when it was clear it all depended on the group effort.

I am probably over-analyzing but it looked as if the D23 uber fans where excited for the idea of Star Wars but was confused why it wasn't Star Wars what they where seeing.

Honestly, they're doing "Marvel" all wrong. Not just the rides, because that seems to be obvious. But "Marvel", isn't a theme. They should be using Marvel IP to make individual lands based on Wakanda, Marvel's NYC (with a Doctor Strange Sanctum Sanctorum ride, Stark Tower and Spider-Man), and then there's the whole cosmic realm of the Marvel Universe to dig into. The possibilities for Marvel lands are endless.

Just doing a Marvel land as a SHIELD mish-mash land is so lazy, cheap and void of any creativity. Even in WDW, where they can use GotG, they're wasting a chance at a land in DHS. They could've easily put GotG in DHS along with a Doctor Strange ride and boom, WDW would have their skirt-around-the-contract Marvel land. They couldn't even get that right.

It's almost like they took their Star Wars playbook and copied it for Marvel.

I find it fascinating that we have 2 examples of what happens when a ride starts to have issues.

Hagrid has been getting flack for breaking down, but crowds are coming and the ride is still receiving great reviews despite the waits. On the other hand, Disney decided to hold off Rise, and now they have a very soft summer with cuts incoming to make up for it.

Granted there are some differences (Like AP Blackouts, and Disney foreseeing the Rise issues way before, while the issues on Hagrid happened within a few weeks of opening) but it should give at least some perspective.

I find it fascinating that we have 2 examples of what happens when a ride starts to have issues.

Hagrid has been getting flack for breaking down, but crowds are coming and the ride is still receiving great reviews despite the waits. On the other hand, Disney decided to hold off Rise, and now they have a very soft summer with cuts incoming to make up for it.

Granted there are some differences (Like AP Blackouts, and Disney foreseeing the Rise issues way before, while the issues on Hagrid happened within a few weeks of opening) but it should give at least some perspective.

The only thing I don't fully agree with in your post is that Disney decided to hold off on Rise... Hasn't it been pretty much confirmed that there were some issues, and they pulled people off Runaway Rail that allowed DHS to sneak ahead? Add in California's much stricter rules and Disneyland feel even further behind.

Isn't that what happened?

The only thing I don't fully agree with in your post is that Disney decided to hold off on Rise... Hasn't it been pretty much confirmed that there were some issues, and they pulled people off Runaway Rail that allowed DHS to sneak ahead? Add in California's much stricter rules and Disneyland feel even further behind.

Isn't that what happened?

For whatever reason it is, Disney decided to hold off opening the ride along with the land.

I would bet that if any of the die hard Disney fans who are making fun of the Hagrid problems would happily switch the current situation with Hagrid and Rise of the Resistance.

I'd rather wait 4 hours than 6 months.

I was hoping someone would see the irony in that

It's almost as if they're doing it on purpose

Also, what am I not seeing in simply just lifting all blackout dates?
Yes, it wouldn't be the first time they lifted blackout dates early. They've done that in the past at both Anaheim & Orlando....Heck, even Universal has done that plenty in the past. And just now they did it with Volcano Bay.

Last edited: