Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Universal Orlando August 1 Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, wonderful detective work. Thank you.

I’ve put all my eggs in the 2023 basket and have been saying that year in my videos, so will be glad if it’s that. Some folks have told me 2025 and I’ll be happy if it’s earlier than that.

I don't get why everyone assumes this is a 2025 project. They're clearly trying to build this asap. Unless we get hit by a hurricane, no way this opens after 2024.

EDIT: Not everyone, but still. This isn't opening that late.

I remember Alicia had an article/report leaked from Universal that had Fantastic Worlds and SNW in the background. Had the logo and everything. I honestly expect that to be the announcement, along with the site visit for ground breaking. Construction ramps up at end of the year/early next year.

I expect this park will be a LOT more kid friendly. Yeah it'll have big rides, but it will have one, or two dark rides with no height requirement, plus some more kid friendly flats besides spinners.

And I'd be amazed if Universal doesn't finally make a boat ride. In Mordor, one can hope. And some indoor meet and greets. Really hit Disney where they have a monopoly. A Princess Peach and Mario M&G would have long lines. Endless Pokémon opportunities. Even have a talking Mario, since Disney strangely got rid of Mickey.

I expect this park will be a LOT more kid friendly. Yeah it'll have big rides, but it will have one, or two dark rides with no height requirement, plus some more kid friendly flats besides spinners.

And I'd be amazed if Universal doesn't finally make a boat ride. In Mordor, one can hope. And some indoor meet and greets. Really hit Disney where they have a monopoly. A Princess Peach and Mario M&G would have long lines. Endless Pokémon opportunities. Even have a talking Mario, since Disney strangely got rid of Mickey.

Mordor isn't coming. At all.

Don’t count on Middle-Earth.

I mean, if Mordor got announced I'm sure the forum would go nuts. Especially when it would be pared with Nintendo, DreamWorks, Classic Monsters, and Fantastic Beasts, but I just don't see it happening. There's no point of wasting a ton of money on it when you have similar IP's in your possession.

2025 for maybe the completion of phase two, but I’ve always heard 2023 for park open. “Done” vs “open”.

Anyway, keep expectations in check and understanding by announcing it this early it’s more about getting partners in the community and everyone on their side.
The 2025 estimates likely had everything to do with road infrastructure. But that timetable has been adjusted recently and should go faster than some had expected.

Don’t count on Middle-Earth.

While I certainly don't count on it. It would be amazing .

But I don't think it would be a smart move to focus on Universal second tier animated series and Dreamworks. SLoP just doesn't have a huge following. How to Train Your Dragon, Sing, Ice Age. If they want a kids area around that, fine, but I hope they don't blow massive money on those IPs.

I also fear this will have 5 Worlds, 2 Nintendo, 1 Potterverse, 1 kids, and one more. That one more should be a BIG new IP. Since they are replacing non IP stuff everywhere, I'll be surprised if they have a generic fantasy area. Perhaps the D&D rights are cheap, but there are no major characters. But would give LOTS of opportunities.

I think it's extremely important for this park to have a large Fantasy and Dragon based land. That is a HUGE miss by parks worldwide. And Lost Continent doesn't do it.

Hyrule would do that, but I think Nintendo should really be at all parks. That is easily the most evergreen IP Universal has, with Fantasic Beasts failing to become huge. Link, Mario, and Pikachu should easily be ultra popular for a long time, worldwide.

I agree. It makes sense to have Pokemon in FW but my ultimate dream would be SNW in FW, Pokemon in USF, and Hyrule in IOA. Just to spread the wealth haha and just expand on SNW in Fantastic Worlds.

But I don't think it would be a smart move to focus on Universal second tier animated series and Dreamworks. SLoP just doesn't have a huge following. How to Train Your Dragon, Sing, Ice Age. If they want a kids area around that, fine, but I hope they don't blow massive money on those IPs.

Say what you want about Illumination, that studio is detrimental to the medium of animation in pop culture, but How To Train Your Dragon is easily Dreamworks’ best franchise and completely deserving of its own major attractions. The world building lends itself incredibly to several types rides, from flight simulators to immersive dark rides, etc. it’s a billon-dollar franchise.

As a side note, Ice Age is Blue Sky which is now owned by Disney after the purchase of Fox, so there’s no way that shows up in the new park.

While I certainly don't count on it. It would be amazing .

I also fear this will have 5 Worlds, 2 Nintendo, 1 Potterverse, 1 kids, and one more. That one more should be a BIG new IP. Since they are replacing non IP stuff everywhere, I'll be surprised if they have a generic fantasy area. Perhaps the D&D rights are cheap, but there are no major characters. But would give LOTS of opportunities.

I think it's extremely important for this park to have a large Fantasy and Dragon based land. That is a HUGE miss by parks worldwide. And Lost Continent doesn't do it.

Hyrule would do that, but I think Nintendo should really be at all parks. That is easily the most evergreen IP Universal has, with Fantasic Beasts failing to become huge. Link, Mario, and Pikachu should easily be ultra popular for a long time, worldwide.

You're forgetting about Classic Monsters. That's a pretty big IP, although it may not seem like it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.