Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation | Page 44 | Inside Universal Forums

Universal's Epic Universe Wish List & Speculation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they keep all the Nintendo properties in one park.

Yeah, makes sense for that, but I would hope they have room aside that, if they wanted to expand SNW have more room in the future, they could do so.

I just personally believe they have so much to work with when it comes to Nintendo, many great ideas for rides and aesthetic stuff.
It's such a huge draw for the GP.

Reactions: OrlLover

Perfect for MONSTERSLAND ! NO?

As much sense as it makes in many ways (IP familiarity/name recognition, long lasting IP, theme similarity)...

I really hope not. I'm hoping that Classic Monsters takes a more serious and adult direction.

Maybe Monsters can be included as a hub attraction near CM, but I hope it's not inside.

Last edited:

Perfect for MONSTERSLAND ! NO?

Could have an attraction in the expansion space between the Classic Monsters Area and the hotel as they are kind of linked but also not. I would be shocked if it was in the Classic Monsters area, to begin with. If they did use that space though I would expect you to enter it from the hub and it to come a year or two after opening (2024-2025)

My wish list for Fantastic Beasts (aka Wizarding World):
I walk into a well known location, Paris, but it's the 1920's. Not the picture perfect, clean and sugar coated Paris of Epcot that doesn't has the feel of the real thing, no a faithful recreation.
Trees line the impressive buildings and there are little cafe's. At night it gets even more magical.
133077663-1445008074-HW-sorbonne-cafe-small.jpg

An artist sells his artwork in a Montmartre street and there is a small souvenir shop.
montmartre_schilderswijk_parijs_bezienswaardigheden.jpg

There is a posh restaurant, art nouveau style of course, with amazing food.
tumblr_mms97rkM5F1ri3wfwo3_1280.jpg

From Montmatre we travel trough an arch and the world changes. It is getting darker. I'm in the wizarding world. There is a tiny circus and in front of it people seem to fly and there are fire eaters.
This is the holding room for an exiting ride. Eventually we are let into the tent.

We meet Newt. He secretly tells us the magical creatures there have a terrible life in the circus and he is going to save them. We step into a ride vehicle and go trough his magical suitcase. Here we meet many environments. The saved magical creatures are happy but there is 1 who creates a problem, a Runespoors it's a huge three-headed snake . During our tour we see how Newt eventually wins the trust of the mistreated animal and we end in the Runespoors' environment and wave Newt and the animal goodbye.
58fbb61f08f2a_1492891167_0.jpg

Still exited from the ride I order a croissant with Camembert and a glass of campaign when I notice another ride.
I enter a small courtyard with a beautiful Wallace Fountain in the middle. You can drink some water from it. It's getting quite crowded here as the area fill with people.
Wallace-Fountain-near-Place-de-Passy.jpg

Then the lights go out for a second and we are transported too the "Ministrè des Affairs Magiques". In the grand hall we are greeted by young Albus Dumbledore from the first floor. We are recruited to collect information about an evil that threatens the wizarding community. I and the rest of the recruits enter several elevators that takes us, with the power of the Floo network trough the wizarding world. We get to the ministry of magic in Londen, New York, Japan and more. In each location we find multiple rooms and come back with a clue. Fun thing is that every elevator got some different rooms and locations. In the end Dumbledore catches the evil and it ends well as we exit the ride and are back in Paris.

Last edited:
Addams Family would be a perfect idea for an interactive meet and great. Although, since Monsters seems to be the only part of the park dedicated to more adult themed things, I kinda hope they stick with that route as much as possible. That and our dueling coaster :)

“Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Ministry of Magic”

“Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Ministry of Magic”

“Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Ministries of Magic?" :shrug:
Except it may not be the best idea from a marketing standpoint to put Harry Potter in the name of the park, when the character won't have any presence within it... I honestly think the park would just be called "Wizarding World: Fantastic Beasts" or "Wizarding World: MoM" I don't think the park would want to open the can of worms of using HP's name and not having him in the park.

My wish list for Fantastic Beasts (aka Wizarding World):
I walk into a well known location, Paris, but it's the 1920's. Not the picture perfect, clean and sugar coated Paris of Epcot that doesn't has the feel of the real thing, no a faithful recreation.
Trees line the impressive buildings and there are little cafe's. At night it gets even more magical.
133077663-1445008074-HW-sorbonne-cafe-small.jpg

An artist sells his artwork in a Montmartre street and there is a small souvenir shop.
montmartre_schilderswijk_parijs_bezienswaardigheden.jpg

There is a posh restaurant, art nouveau style of course, with amazing food.
tumblr_mms97rkM5F1ri3wfwo3_1280.jpg

From Montmatre we travel trough an arch and the world changes. It is getting darker. I'm in the wizarding world. There is a tiny circus and in front of it people seem to fly and there are fire eaters.
This is the holding room for an exiting ride. Eventually we are let into the tent.

We meet Newt. He secretly tells us the magical creatures there have a terrible life in the circus and he is going to save them. We step into a ride vehicle and go trough his magical suitcase. Here we meet many environments. The saved magical creatures are happy but there is 1 who creates a problem, a Runespoors it's a huge three-headed snake . During our tour we see how Newt eventually wins the trust of the mistreated animal and we end in the Runespoors' environment and wave Newt and the animal goodbye.
58fbb61f08f2a_1492891167_0.jpg

Still exited from the ride I order a croissant with Camembert and a glass of campaign when I notice another ride.
I enter a small courtyard with a beautiful Wallace Fountain in the middle. You can drink some water from it. It's getting quite crowded here as the area fill with people.
Wallace-Fountain-near-Place-de-Passy.jpg

Then the lights go out for a second and we are transported too the "Ministrè des Affairs Magiques". In the grand hall we are greeted by young Albus Dumbledore from the first floor. We are recruited to collect information about an evil that threatens the wizarding community. I and the rest of the recruits enter several elevators that takes us, with the power of the Floo network trough the wizarding world. We get to the ministry of magic in Londen, New York, Japan and more. In each location we find multiple rooms and come back with a clue. Fun thing is that every elevator got some different rooms and locations. In the end Dumbledore catches the evil and it ends well as we exit the ride and are back in Paris.
This is awesome, great job! :clap:

Reactions: jrn14
Another point on "let's calm down on assuming rumors are true" front: Why are people jumping to the conclusion that the non-ticketed hub is still a thing?

There are so many potential problems with that idea I have a very hard time believing it's moving forward.

Another point on "let's calm down on assuming rumors are true" front: Why are people jumping to the conclusion that the non-ticketed hub is still a thing?

There are so many potential problems with that idea I have a very hard time believing it's moving forward.
Because based on concept art, there seems to be a clear entrance at the front of the park. Plus, there are attractions in the hub, can't imagine those would be free.

Reactions: Awakening and jrn14
Because based on concept art, there seems to be a clear entrance at the front of the park. Plus, there are attractions in the hub, can't imagine those would be free.
Entrance could be showing where tickets are sold, not scanned.

If hub is free, Universal could charge per individual ride, as had been rumored for RRR (as part of CW rather than USF) prior to opening.

They could unlimited hub rides as part of a day pass (or annual pass) for Epic Universe.

Seeing the Universal Pictures logo on that video confused me so I looked it up. In the US the new Addams Family movie is distributed by MGM/United Artists, but internationally its’s distributed by Universal. I did not know that.

Universal actually owns the comic book version rights which MGM used for this film (they acquired back in 2011 when Illumination was going to make the film but MGM own the TV show rights as well as the song)

Reactions: Alicia

I was told it was planned then scrapped. Before it showed up on IU or other places. In February.

Universal actually owns the comic book version rights which MGM used for this film (they acquired back in 2011 when Illumination was going to make the film but MGM own the TV show rights as well as the song)
Interesting/complicated. I love it.

If hub is free, Universal could charge per individual ride, as had been rumored for RRR (as part of CW rather than USF) prior to opening.
Do you think they would separate the different hub attractions into categories? Like the coaster could be an "E" ticket, and the simulator could be a "D." Shows could be a "C," and so on. And the E-tickets could cost more. There could be ticket booths in front of each attraction too, for people to buy them last minute. ;)''

I was told it was planned then scrapped. Before it showed up on IU or other places. In February.
I think what we might be seeing in the concept art and plans are the vestigial remains of an early concept that has since been scrapped. The portals into and out of the lands like Diagon Alley lended themselves well to the ticketless hub concept, but they still want to have the immersion so they kept that idea in place. The hub may be big and probably has great restaurants, but instead of allowing anyone into the hub to dine, maybe they could close the lands an hour or two before the hub to force everyone into the hub for dinner. Maybe even hotel guests could venture down into the hub without a ticket for those last two hours to dine and watch the fireworks. There's lots of reasons to keep the same park design, even without the ticketless hub entry.

But there's also lots of reasons why not to do a ticketless hub. Most notably for me, trying to swim across thousands of guests without a ticket just to get from one land to another.

Interesting/complicated. I love it.

Do you think they would separate the different hub attractions into categories? Like the coaster could be an "E" ticket, and the simulator could be a "D." Shows could be a "C," and so on. And the E-tickets could cost more. There could be ticket booths in front of each attraction too, for people to buy them last minute. ;)''

I think what we might be seeing in the concept art and plans are the vestigial remains of an early concept that has since been scrapped. The portals into and out of the lands like Diagon Alley lended themselves well to the ticketless hub concept, but they still want to have the immersion so they kept that idea in place. The hub may be big and probably has great restaurants, but instead of allowing anyone into the hub to dine, maybe they could close the lands an hour or two before the hub to force everyone into the hub for dinner. Maybe even hotel guests could venture down into the hub without a ticket for those last two hours to dine and watch the fireworks. There's lots of reasons to keep the same park design, even without the ticketless hub entry.

But there's also lots of reasons why not to do a ticketless hub. Most notably for me, trying to swim across thousands of guests without a ticket just to get from one land to another.

Yup. Also it’s missing a lot of stuff I’ve been told. They mean it when they say competitive advantage.

Yup. Also it’s missing a lot of stuff I’ve been told. They mean it when they say competitive advantage.
Do you mean hub stuff? Cause the lands seem to line up pretty well with things I've heard, just missing decorative theming in some cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.