Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

WDW Price Increase Thread

Still don't believe it, unless it is in what is left of the off season, or includes EMH time, or are mostly D's. Or is doing something most can't do, like know a CM.
It's pretty easy if you start on the Adventureland side. The morning crowds run to Fantasyland & Tomorrowland at rope drop, so we go to Adventureland. The early long lines are 7 Dwarfs. Peter Pan & Space Mt. So we avoid those and save them for fastpasses. Generally we get Jungle Cruise, POTC, Splash, Big Thunder Mt., Haunted Mansion, Little Mermaid, & Small World and/or Winnie the Pooh in by noon, without using fastpasses. We never go on early morning magic days since MK gets too crowded early. We're from Pittsburgh, so we don't have any Disney connections. By looping it the way we do there's no unnecessary walking or backtracking. If you know the park and how wait times work by the time of the day, it's doable. Of course, once those noon crowds show up, it's all fastpass attractions and/or shows that are generally short waits. And, like I said before, we go in May and October generally, so the crowds are moderate, but not busy or slow. The WDW parks, and Universal too, are easy to navigate if you're willing to be at the parks at rope drop. Same with AK. When the masses go to Pandora in the morning, we do things like Everest, Dinosaur, etc multiple times since they're all essentially walk ons that early.

It's pretty easy if you start on the Adventureland side. The morning crowds run to Fantasyland & Tomorrowland at rope drop, so we go to Adventureland. The early long lines are 7 Dwarfs. Peter Pan & Space Mt. So we avoid those and save them for fastpasses. Generally we get Jungle Cruise, POTC, Splash, Big Thunder Mt., Haunted Mansion, Little Mermaid, & Small World and/or Winnie the Pooh in by noon, without using fastpasses. We never go on early morning magic days since MK gets too crowded early. We're from Pittsburgh, so we don't have any Disney connections. By looping it the way we do there's no unnecessary walking or backtracking. If you know the park and how wait times work by the time of the day, it's doable. Of course, once those noon crowds show up, it's all fastpass attractions and/or shows that are generally short waits. And, like I said before, we go in May and October generally, so the crowds are moderate, but not busy or slow. The WDW parks, and Universal too, are easy to navigate if you're willing to be at the parks at rope drop. Same with AK. When the masses go to Pandora in the morning, we do things like Everest, Dinosaur, etc multiple times since they're all essentially walk ons that early.

Well, to be fair, of those, POTC, LM, IASW, and WtP can definitely have short lines during medium seasons. Splash has to be done first if it's warm, or you can easily have a line there very early. I still don't quite buy it. Just walking to and riding all those rides will take almost 3 hours. It takes 5 minutes just to walk the damn LM queue.

Well, to be fair, of those, POTC, LM, IASW, and WtP can definitely have short lines during medium seasons. Splash has to be done first if it's warm, or you can easily have a line there very early. I still don't quite buy it. Just walking to and riding all those rides will take almost 3 hours. It takes 5 minutes just to walk the damn LM queue.
Sorry, but you're wrong..The distances aren't nearly as as long as you're thinking. ...Respectfully. :)

This entire conversation summed up in Gifs:

Mad Dog, Andysol:
tenor.gif

Rastuso:
source.gif

You're missing the point.

Some people just don't want to show up at rope drop or know their family isn't the kind to wake up early on vacation. So why would they then spend the extra money to get in before noon if they know they won't be there then anyway? This is not a bad ticket option.
I guarantee you that the only reason Disney is offering this "deal" is that is almost no one is actually looking for this. Notice you aren't getting any one day ticket deals for people to take advantage of a dead day. A family going multiple days to the parks is not "saving" anything by being locked into this ticket. They are pretty likely to need a whole extra day or more more in order to see everything or just do less. If the parks were actually focused on being open later and having evening EMH this ticket could have some value, but given the way Disney is trending this should be a pass for all but very specifically informed guests. This is another manufactured "deal" by Disney that they can sell as having value without actually providing much value.

I guarantee you that the only reason Disney is offering this "deal" is that is almost no one is actually looking for this. Notice you aren't getting any one day ticket deals for people to take advantage of a dead day. A family going multiple days to the parks is not "saving" anything by being locked into this ticket. They are pretty likely to need a whole extra day or more more in order to see everything or just do less. If the parks were actually focused on being open later and having evening EMH this ticket could have some value, but given the way Disney is trending this should be a pass for all but very specifically informed guests. This is another manufactured "deal" by Disney that they can sell as having value without actually providing much value.
...Or it's a nice option to have if you know that you don't plan to go before noon on any of your days at the parks? There's wayyyy more people than I think you realize that don't show up until mid-late afternoon.

...Or it's a nice option to have if you know that you don't plan to go before noon on any of your days at the parks? There's wayyyy more people than I think you realize that don't show up until mid-late afternoon.
No I don't think there is actually way more people than I realize that don't show up until later or want to be locked in to showing up at those times given these prices these days. Disney knows exactly how many people go after noon multiple days on a regular multi day ticket. Disney has better data than your opinion with packed parks. They aren't offering this because it will save a bunch of people money. They are offering it because they can market it as a "deal" to get potential increased bookings or attention.

No I don't think there is actually way more people than I realize that don't show up until later or want to be locked in to showing up at those times given these prices these days. Disney knows exactly how many people go after noon multiple days on a regular multi day ticket. Disney has better data than your opinion with packed parks. They aren't offering this because it will save a bunch of people money. They are offering it because they can market it as a "deal" to get potential increased bookings or attention.
Well Disney isn't a charity so obviously they aren't looking to give things away, but this also isn't as sinister as you seem to want to make it out to be.

Ultimately, if a family is looking at a discounted ticket, I HIGHLY doubt that they're going to spend more money on an extra night or two at a hotel. This is a nice option to have and nobody is forcing anyone to buy it nor buying it and spending an extra night. You seem to want to make up this narrative when sometimes a pass is just a pass because the Magic Your Way style tickets are getting too expensive.

It's not all an evil scheme, it's just about making money.

Same thing works with Horror Nights and going to the back of the park first

Same thing works with Horror Nights and going to the back of the park first
also...Mickey's Christmas Party. Except for 7 Dwarfs & Space Mt., most everything is a short line or almost walk on. Catch the second showing of the parade instead of the first, skip the early stage shows, and you can knock a bunch of rides off. ....The park looks crowded as all hell on Christmas Party nights, but that's because the bulk of the guests are on the streets, and the hub...not the ride lines. Magic Kingdom is still very doable on rides if you're willing to Zig when most everyone else is Zagging. ...We love the park, but it's important to be knowledgeable about wait times and crowd patterns to enjoy it to the max.

Last edited:
Well Disney isn't a charity so obviously they aren't looking to give things away, but .

Ultimately, if a family is looking at a discounted ticket, I HIGHLY doubt that they're going to spend more money on an extra night or two at a hotel. This is a nice option to have and nobody is forcing anyone to buy it nor buying it and spending an extra night. You seem to want to make up this narrative when sometimes a pass is just a pass because the Magic Your Way style tickets are getting too expensive.

It's not all an evil scheme, it's just about making money.
Making money is the evil scheme and specifically making the most money in the short term. "This also isn't as sinister as you seem to want to make it out to be"- Yea tell that to the investors. Literally everything Disney has done in the past few years has been squeezing guests for money while cutting services where they can . A budget conscious family is not getting anything with this "deal" even if they plan fairly well. This is a fake deal, more so than with the free dining and people who complain about it.

You guys are welcome to make a better one, appreciate you crapping on my intelligence though.. much love

Your right that was shitty of me, let me offer some constructive criticism. Have you tried splitting out the two graphs and having both as bar?

Last edited by a moderator:
Your right that was shitty of me, let me offer some constructive criticism. Have you tried splitting out the two graphs and having both as bar?

having a bad day so thanks, appreciate that.. and in return: You're* right. :cheers:

which datasets do you mean to include in each graph, actual prices and actual price increases in one, then both adjusted for inflation in the other?