Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Six Flags Magic Mountain

I'll be happy if they just finally renovated all the restrooms near the main gate (including the ones in the plaza, before you enter the parks).

They've renovated a few others (the one by Goldrush is pretty nice by SF standards), but those are used the most, and are the worst offenders in size, upkeep, and outdated. Yet they probably get the most use due to their location. It's a very bad first/last impression.

Oh, and more Freestyle Coke machines (especially when you consider how many gazillion people have refillable mugs now), and better upkeep of the ones they've got, as they frequently run out of flavors.

Magic Mountain was basically ignored in the announcement video even though Jim Reid Anderson said that every park was getting something. The video was pretty cringey, but it would be kind of hilarious to see Chapek have to do some skit like this:

Are we not gonna talk about how there's ice cream and candy all over the grill? Like, who cooks ice cream and cookies? Better yet, who cooks with candy and sweets all over the grill? Have they even thought for a second how candy is made?

I was checking the Fright Fest site and it looks like they finally put some stuff up. The main new thing of note is Vault 666 Unlocked, which actually looks to have a totally different story than the original Vault 666.

This is the page for Fright Fest: FRIGHT FEST 2019 | Six Flags Magic Mountain

I was planning on going Sunday, but since it looks like it is going to be a really hot weekend up in Valencia, I might just go to Horror Nights for the second time that night and save Fright Fest for the next weekend.

I watched the Condamned maze on YouTube and it looks pretty solid! However, the thing keeping it a step down from something like Knotts is that it needs more consistent actors in places and a more sprawling soundtrack. Also seems like blackouts are constantly in weird places that don't work for the maze's environment and there's tons of "exit" signs in the maze in plain, bright view, which would ruin the immersion for me. But the scares and set ups looked creepy. And the scenic design was done pretty well. And no climax, but it looks like they're trying harder than usual.