Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Nintendo Switch

It was a weird Direct. I feel like they didn’t really cover Luigi’s Mansion or Sword/Shield.

You know, the two games they highlighted in the announcement.

Smash DLC got more time than Luigi’s Mansion. Link’s Awakening (which releases in a couple weeks) got 3 lines.

raqctva5vtk31.jpg

Gotta say 2019 was pretty lackluster. Luigi’s Mansion 3 is the only highlight the whole year to me. I would say Doom Eternal as well but with Bethesda’s track record since the first one I’m waiting for reviews to see if they messed up something yet again with one of their releases.

Link’s Awakening being a remake has moved it to being a maybe for me due to outside forces. I’d rather put my focus on new games right now with my money.

Today was the launch day's of the Switch Mini, Link's Awakening (made by Grezzo, the team behind Ocarina 3DS), and the game of the year that is Untitled Goose Game.

And to put a cherry on-top, XBOX/Microsoft released a demo of Ori and The Blind Forest for the console.

Persona 5 Scramble releases in Japan in February (which means for us, is available then too (if you want to translate))

Persona 5 Scramble is being made with Atlus and Koei Tecmo as an Open World RPG with Musou elements.

So I finally coughed up the money and bought a Switch. Luigi’s Mansion was sort of the tipping point of sorts. There’s quite a few games that I’ve been wanting to play (Breath of the Wild, Smash Bros Ultimate, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey), so the release of LM3 and the upcoming release of Animal Crossing finally pushed me over the edge.

I guess what I came to ask about was if there is any games that I should give a look to that may be otherwise overlooked?

So I finally coughed up the money and bought a Switch. Luigi’s Mansion was sort of the tipping point of sorts. There’s quite a few games that I’ve been wanting to play (Breath of the Wild, Smash Bros Ultimate, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey), so the release of LM3 and the upcoming release of Animal Crossing finally pushed me over the edge.

I guess what I came to ask about was if there is any games that I should give a look to that may be otherwise overlooked?
Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Dunno you gaming history, but some Indies I'd get for sure:
-Hollow Knight
-Cuphead
-Stardew Valley
-Golf Story

Mario kart 8

Killer Queen Black - If you like MOBA games but want a fast paced arcade/joust version of it. I love this game and been playing the hell out of it lately.

Thimbleweed Park - If you like the old "Maniac Mansion" style games then I would highly suggest this one.

Other games to look into
Golf Story
Stardew Valley
Hollow Knight

Once you start Breath of the Wild you wont' want to play anything else until you've finished it. So don't buy too many games at once. They will likely be shelf warmers.

I'd say for RPGs, Breath of The Wild and Three Houses are pretty good choices.

Gotta wonder what’s going on in the halls of Game Freak right now. First they give the news that there’s no national Pokédex in Sword and Sheild and give the reasoning that it would be too much to redo all of the old models for the new games. Fair enough, maybe. Now it comes out that they didn’t do any of that and the models are exactly the same as on the 3DS which brings up how quite a while ago they said they already had redone every Pokémon in high resolution to future proof them and the models in the 3DS games were those models downscaled for the hardware, further explaining how these same models are again in Sword and Sheild but now HD. Oh they also said something about new animations which also has turned out to not be true.

Lord help them if they try to add the missing Pokémon through paid DLC lol.

My take? They clearly need to expand their team to really tackle the home console Pokémon experience people have been dreaming of.

Last edited:
So how’s Pokemon for those playing it? Is it the home console Pokémon dream come true or does it still have the feel of past handheld releases?