Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Depths of Fear

This is turning out to be the house I'm most curious about the reactions to.

I feel like out of all the originals, this is the wild card. Nightingales has the allure of the next Nightingales house, plus all the gore and revamped creatures. Yeti has the excitement of a full-blown Yeti house after the success of Attack of the Swamp Yeti last year. Graveyard Games is rolling with classic/atmospheric horror which many are pumped for.

But for DoF, there's a lot of unknowns. For the non-insiders we don't know what the Mouth Brooders look like at all, nor the infected miners. Speaking of which, from the tidbits you've dropped, a lot will be riding on the miners themselves for the scares. (Which granted, might not be what most people are expecting.)

It's a great unknown, but considering how close we are to opening and such little info tossed out so far...it's actually really exciting!

But for DoF, there's a lot of unknowns. For the non-insiders we don't know what the Mouth Brooders look like at all, nor the infected miners. Speaking of which, from the tidbits you've dropped, a lot will be riding on the miners themselves for the scares. (Which granted, might not be what most people are expecting.)

It's a great unknown, but considering how close we are to opening and such little info tossed out so far...it's actually really exciting!
I've heard my initial thoughts on the Miner/Mouthbrooder ratio is off.

At least the plan is for me to be wrong on that one.

My interest is legitimately more in reviews of the house.

Theres only 9 scenes, and there looks to be a lot of empty space in the "non-show" parts of the tent. It's likely for water pumps but, at a glance, it looks short.

I've heard my initial thoughts on the Miner/Mouthbrooder ratio is off.

At least the plan is for me to be wrong on that one.

My interest is legitimately more in reviews of the house.

Theres only 9 scenes, and there looks to be a lot of empty space in the "non-show" parts of the tent. It's likely for water pumps but, at a glance, it looks short.

Really now? Well I'm in the same boat on hoping you're wrong on your initial thought of the ratio, since I do like me a good freaky creature. If that's the case, then it sounds like both Sprung tents will deliver nicely on that for me.

Meh.

Not sure what purpose the running water serves. Same monster over and over, and so big can never really surprise you. The underwater scenes with screens work pretty well, but there's no transition from the entrance to underwater. Needed a hydro-lator effect or something.

A lot of the same DNA as the Event Horizon homage house around 2008 - 2009 (blanking on name). Wasn't a fan of that one, but if you were, probably will enjoy this.

Meh.

Not sure what purpose the running water serves. Same monster over and over, and so big can never really surprise you. The underwater scenes with screens work pretty well, but there's no transition from the entrance to underwater. Needed a hydro-lator effect or something.

A lot of the same DNA as the Event Horizon homage house around 2008 - 2009 (blanking on name). Wasn't a fan of that one, but if you were, probably will enjoy this.

Oh, I was (Interstellar Terror).

And I'm a huge fan of this one too. Favorite house of the night. To me it was very, very intense. Thought the creatures' costumes were pretty scary. Some very disturbing imagery
That poor dog :'(
which is what they should emphasize for a conga line, which like IT this house was perfectly designed for. It creates a sense of trying to get out. Tight and short hallways. Dark and gritty. I expect plenty to disagree with me as you did, but I cannot recommend this house enough. Bravo Charles Gray. :exclap:

And, unless you went early, you missed out on the stilts.

How early is "early?"

Do they still have the Uncle Sam in GB?

I think I'm in the minority besides GG, but so far I much prefer the originals this year. I would recommend them for anyone concerned about most of the IPs sans Corpses being less scary.

I've also noticed that people tend to not like non-humanoid monsters--at least, ones that don't have fur.

Last edited: