Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion | Page 191 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Odd numbered year theory, why do I have to keep saying it...:thud:
I mean I think with the photos and everything I have been hearing I'm pretty confident in saying that I think this year will be pretty good and better than the last 2 years.

I don't even think it's possible for us to go lower than 2017 again. And it's not hard to pass that year or 2018.

I’m more than fine with this change. I never liked that they moved early entry to 5 and they don’t need to be open that early and it’ll help with light leak.
Its gonna make getting everything done in one night without express a lot harder though, since in previous years when it opened at 5 the crowds trickled in between 5 and 6:30, but now theyre confined to 6 and 6:30, and since a lot of the nights close at 1 am instead of 2 that reduces most days from a max 9 hours to a max 7, which is significant if youre trying to get everything done.

Its gonna make getting everything done in one night without express a lot harder though, since in previous years when it opened at 5 the crowds trickled in between 5 and 6:30, but now theyre confined to 6 and 6:30, and since a lot of the nights close at 1 am instead of 2 that reduces most days from a max 9 hours to a max 7, which is significant if youre trying to get everything done.

Makes me think this is another budget conserving move.

Moral of the story: do Ghostbusters early.

Reactions: Clive
Makes me think this is another budget conserving move.

Moral of the story: do Ghostbusters early.
Yep, I'd say best plan of attack I can come up with is hit Stranger Things immediately, go for Killer Klowns if it has zero wait and if its at all of priority to you, get to Ghostbusters ASAP, then FMTW, then Creepshow, then Us and Pandoras Box, and the final two will probably be crowded enough at that point it won't really matter which you do first.

Reactions: Jaden
Yep, I'd say best plan of attack I can come up with is hit Stranger Things immediately, go for Killer Klowns if it has zero wait and if its at all of priority to you, get to Ghostbusters ASAP, then FMTW, then Creepshow, then Us and Pandoras Box, and the final two will probably be crowded enough at that point it won't really matter which you do first.

As a possible bonus, if it's anything like last year, the gauntlet should be up and running by the time you get out of Stranger Things/Killer Klowns.

I don't really think it'll matter, has there been anytime in the last two years where you've felt they needed to be open at 5 or you wouldn't have been able to do everything. Most of the time I was able to get everything I wanted to do done by like 10:30. If they end up needing that extra hour, I'm sure they'll just add it back.

I don't really think it'll matter, has there been anytime in the last two years where you've felt they needed to be open at 5 or you wouldn't have been able to do everything. Most of the time I was able to get everything I wanted to do done by like 10:30. If they end up needing that extra hour, I'm sure they'll just add it back.
Most nights I've gone I've only been able to stay until around 10, and would usually have to cut a maze or two off if I got unlucky with wait times, so i guess its down to personal experience.

Express really is just the way to go in general, IMO. The cost is higher but you save yourself a lot of stress knowing that you'll be able to do everything once and probably leave yourself enough time to do your favorites once more, all in the same night. That's been my approach the last few years and even though I am spending more than I would probably like, it's always worth it.

This year is kind of a challenge, though—my wife and I are contemplating getting the unlimited express because of the two extra houses, but on the nights that we'd be able to go, we'd basically be spending the same amount as the Ultimate Fear Pass, and we generally like to go a couple nights per year: once together and then once with friends, usually on the last night or second-to-last night. Last few years we did Express and then just a general admission and it was perfect for us. Not sure that option is feasible with extra houses and shorter operating hours. Still trying to figure out what works best.

I've never really used express apart from the one time they accidentally handed me one, but I dont think I'd really be able to afford it on top of a FFP, though if they ever go the route of adding an FFP with express added, I'd consider it if its not absurdly expensive.

Regarding early entry getting bumped back, I think it’s fine since light bleed won’t be as much of an issue. I guess crowds will be slightly worse but what can you do? At least there’s two mazes by the tram loading so more people will actually want to go to that area first. With that in mind, maybe it won’t be as bad as we think.

If we’re worried about lines getting ridiculous, Jurassic World is now open. Plus, there’s two mazes where Tram was. That’s significant because it was not very popular and would shut down at 11:00, making that space unusable for the rest of the night and dumping everyone to the lines. Now with two mazes there, people will actually want to see them, and they will be available all night. Factor in those two, and crowd distribution should be a lot better this year.
I've never really used express apart from the one time they accidentally handed me one, but I dont think I'd really be able to afford it on top of a FFP, though if they ever go the route of adding an FFP with express added, I'd consider it if its not absurdly expensive.
I’ve always wondered why they haven’t offered it. If the price wasn’t obscene, I’d also consider it.

Reactions: BernardMesa
Regarding early entry getting bumped back, I think it’s fine since light bleed won’t be as much of an issue. I guess crowds will be slightly worse but what can you do? At least there’s two mazes by the tram loading so more people will actually want to go to that area first. With that in mind, maybe it won’t be as bad as we think.

If we’re worried about lines getting ridiculous, Jurassic World is now open. Plus, there’s two mazes where Tram was. That’s significant because it was not very popular and would shut down at 11:00, making that space unusable for the rest of the night and dumping everyone to the lines. Now with two mazes there, people will actually want to see them, and they will be available all night. Factor in those two, and crowd distribution should be a lot better this year.

I’ve always wondered why they haven’t offered it. If the price wasn’t obscene, I’d also consider it.
That is a fair point, having 2 mazes that operate till closing, with 2 separate large lines should spread things out a bit, especially since they'll be able to move people through faster than terror tram ever could.

I used to go to early entry so i could squeeze in some time at Wizarding World, do you think that’ll still be possible with this new early entry time?
I don’t think it will be they usually close the wizarding world around 5 ish, but maybe they’ll push it back since the early entry time also got pushed back

Reactions: chris.g