Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HHN 29: Stranger Things

Dumb question but what classifys a house as a mega house?
It's not strictly defined. As it stands, it's a "mega house" if it has more than the typical number of scenes AND Universal decides it's a mega house. Previous mega-houses had about 16-18 scenes. A traditional house has 8-11.

Stranger things is clocking in at 14 scenes from the moment you enter (no indoor facade), so it's in an interesting middle-ground. SS25 is packed though. They used every bit of space they could.

It's not strictly defined. As it stands, it's a "mega house" if it has more than the typical number of scenes AND Universal decides it's a mega house. Previous mega-houses had about 16-18 scenes. A traditional house has 8-11.

Stranger things is clocking in at 14 scenes from the moment you enter (no indoor facade), so it's in an interesting middle-ground. SS25 is packed though. They used every bit of space they could.
This is extremely exciting and sounds like this house is more 50/50 with season 2 and 3 then I expected!!!

Oh that's not good.
unknown.png

The days at swinging props in people's faces will soon be a thing of the past (which I personally don't mind). Shocking they couldn't find a way to create a lightweight/foam prop gun? That's prop-making 101. TV / Movie productions only let actors near heavy/working guns to film them actively discharging it or for close-ups, then they take the guns away and use safety/foam props for the rest of the production. This should be no exception.

The days at swinging props in people's faces will soon be a thing of the past (which I personally don't mind). Shocking they couldn't find a way to create a lightweight/foam prop gun? That's prop-making 101. TV / Movie productions only let actors near heavy/working guns to film them actively discharging it or for close-ups, then they take the guns away and use safety/foam props for the rest of the production. This should be no exception.

Frankly, I'm surprised that we still have actors jumping out at people as is. I fear this will really make the event less aggressive. :(

Frankly, I'm surprised that we still have actors jumping out at people as is. I fear this will really make the event less aggressive. :(

That really depends on the actor. Some of them can handle it, others get WAYY to into it and become a danger (point and case, this gun swinger). I predict more strict screenings / rehearsals for safety will be in play in the future.