Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance (DL)

Yes, the control system is made by DA. But that is like saying a car is made by Ford even though most of the cars components are made by other companies in Mexico and China.

But that’s Fords call on where components come from and if they meet spec. Is Dynamic Attractions suppling the ride system?

But that’s Fords call on where components come from and if they meet spec. Is Dynamic Attractions suppling the ride system?
Dynamic Attractions is the supplier for the ride control system. Oceaneering is building the RVs. And WDI is building the lift (elevators) systems.

It would not be unheard of for Dynamic Attractions to "screw up" causing a delay in the ride opening. The DA SFX Coaster at the Ferrari park still isn't open 2 years later.

Dynamic Attractions is the supplier for the ride control system. Oceaneering is building the RVs. And WDI is building the lift (elevators) systems.

Ok so we’re looking at two American companies with sourcing components, both reputable. What doesn’t add up is if WDI cheaped out on the guidance system it wouldn’t be their choice. They dictate the elevator system. Something isn’t adding up.

There will definitely be books written about what happened here.
and...lessons learned on the entirety of GESWL....big time.......................and maybe advantageous to Universal building the new park, so they don't make similar mistakes..........plus a marketing campaign, or lack of, to rival 'Universal Escape'. They spent big...and (hardly)nobody came.

and...lessons learned on the entirety of GESWL....big time.......................and maybe advantageous to Universal building the new park, so they don't make similar mistakes..........plus a marketing campaign, or lack of, to rival 'Universal Escape'. They spent big...and (hardly)nobody came.

Galaxy’s Edge
Universal Escape
Supercharged
Black Fish

More so than Potter? Because this feels like the closing chapter to that.
Interesting thought. But I think Nintendo will be successful in Japan & Orlando (not counting Hollywood since it's just a ride and some window dressing) and keep the single IP lands concept alive. Disney's problem with these lands (NFL, TSL, Pandora, GESWL) is that they didn't put the finishing touches on them like Universal did. But they are all fixable if Disney would get out of their stubborn cost cutting entertainment/mood/ambiance/no cost activities etc. mode......of course, if Nintendo fails, that might be the end of the one IP land concept.

More so than Potter? Because this feels like the closing chapter to that.
I don't think the issues seen at both iterations of SW:GE have anything to do with the concept of "single IP lands". Hogsmeade, Cars Land, Diagon, and even Pandora have all been successful. SW:GE? Not so much.

I think it has more to do with astronomical price increases, predictions of suffocating crowds, and franchise fatigue.

If SW:GE had opened when The Force Awakens came out. And Disney didn't roll out, not one, but 2 MASSIVE price increases since that time. And Disney hadn't super saturated the market with several sub-par SW movies. I think the land would be doing gangbusters.

I don't think the issues seen at both iterations of SW:GE have anything to do with the concept of "single IP lands". Hogsmeade, Cars Land, Diagon, and even Pandora have all been successful. SW:GE? Not so much.

I think it has more to do with astronomical price increases, predictions of suffocating crowds, and franchise fatigue.

If SW:GE had opened when The Force Awakens came out. And Disney didn't roll out, not one, but 2 MASSIVE price increases since that time. And Disney hadn't super saturated the market with several sub-par SW movies. I think the land would be doing gangbusters.

Potter started the hyper immersion IP land and SWGE ended it.

Nancy gotta be negative.
Everyone Should just calm down.
The main attraction hasn’t even opened yet. The land / area will do just fine. Merch sales will be strong.

I’d be much more concerned about that giant Star Wars hotel they are building. Will people really spend $$$$ to visit an area they can normally without having to play pretend ?

Nancy gotta be negative.
Everyone Should just calm down.
The main attraction hasn’t even opened yet. The land / area will do just fine. Merch sales will be strong.

I’d be much more concerned about that giant Star Wars hotel they are building. Will people really spend $$$$ to visit an area they can normally without having to play pretend ?

It’s not that giant. It’s limited and will push demand.

It’s a small bet for a potential huge pay off. Worse case scenario, they lower the cost and still make bank.

It’s not that giant. It’s limited and will push demand.

It’s a small bet for a potential huge pay off. Worse case scenario, they lower the cost and still make bank.

More like Lower cast budget to make even more money off the drones that still spend money.

I had to make reservations 5 months in advance to visit a bar (Oga's Cantina in FL) at 9:50am which doesn't even guarantee that I can sit down after I get in. Then I can order some weird oatmeal/fruit thing.....or a overpriced drink......at 9:50am.

Yeah.....I don't know why people aren't loving SWGE to death.:eek:O: