Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights '19 General Discussion

I was thinking about it and I’m shocked the finale of Season 2(Eleven closing the gate) wasn’t in the maze. The maze looks like it’s 40% taking place in the tunnel

I was honestly surprised they didn't use Dart in the S2 portion of the maze. They could've done a pretty good jump-scare, with Dustin's dead cat scene. Also, I was positive we'd be seeing at least the Flayed in the S3 portion, scaring guests all over as the visible actors, given that I knew blackout actors would be heavy in this maze with the Demodogs and Mindflayer. I feel like there were various missed opportunities that, in all honesty, didn't seem too expensive to recreate and could've easily filled the blackout room sections.

Did someone previously mention that they were going to cast more actors for the US maze? That would be awesome since the only thing I disliked about the maze was that there weren't many actors jumping out. The beginning mirror/forest scenes could have included a lot of them. I was expecting it. Hopefully they add more.

Sorry if this is not allowed but I'm in a pinch. One of my travel companions can't make it to hhn and other parks this coming week. I have extra tickets for sale CHEAP.

Hhn day night combo. Sell for $50 for sept. 19
Knotts scary from 20th sell for $25
Anyone want a Disney park hopper for $100

You can meet me at the parks or private message me.

US was great, and a welcome addition to the event. It seems that the tram garage space it was in has a the potential to house great mazes (especially if they utilize the whole area that both mazes were in as one attraction). I could definitely see horror nights movie to the upper lot as much as they could and off the backlot (even though an only lower lot and backlot event would be my dream come true. Less damn walking).

Yeah if we go back into everyone’s most anticipated list, I’d bet most everyone had Us near the bottom, or directly at the bottom. It became my most anticipated the second it was announced and I distinctly remember feeling deeply disappointed earlier in the year when it seemed like it wasn’t going to happen.

IMO, there was no better property for HHN to adapt this year and I’m so glad they nailed it. Can’t wait to experience it myself.

Yeah, I remember feeling crazy when it was just viking and I having it at our number 1 on our anticipated list. I think maybe one other person had it top 3, but everyone else practically had it dead last. I think rumors about black walls and how long it had been in the creative process really made people feel down on it. When it is legitimately the only maze I can think of with no black walls and it has been apart of the lineup since at least February. It was just one of the last to go into construction, which you'd think we've learned doesn't mean whole lot by now, and regardless, they're gonna finish the maze by at least opening night (but maybe not so much EPN).

Yeah, I remember feeling crazy when it was just viking and I having it at our number 1 on our anticipated list. I think maybe one other person had it top 3, but everyone else practically had it dead last. I think rumors about black walls and how long it had been in the creative process really made people feel down on it. When it is legitimately the only maze I can think of with no black walls and it has been apart of the lineup since at least February. It was just one of the last to go into construction, which you'd think we've learned doesn't mean whole lot by now, and regardless, they're gonna finish the maze by at least opening night (but maybe not so much EPN).

Us was my number one too as far as I remember; that and Corpses were easily the IPs I was most excited for. I’m shocked they did it as well as they did since, while Orlando’s is already great, I would say Hollywood’s is an easy top 3 IP since 2014.

Yeah, I didn't really get the Us backlash. Sure they're not "your doppelganger" but they're still crazy people with scissors. Isn't that enough?

I still maintain that GoT -which was the other big property rumored to come - would've been a fascinating choice to see adapted, though considering the fact that they reportedly overshot the budget this year, maybe GoT wouldn't have been the right choice for a final marquee title.

GoT not coming might've been a blessing in disguise. I say we wouldn't have gotten FmtWM just based on how elaborate GoT is with its set pieces alone.

True, true, though that doesn't preclude a house next year, methinks.

We’re all sitting hemming and hawing about crowd sizes... imagine the crowds with a GoT maze in the mix. No thank you.

Feel like that's a slippery slope argument. I remember F13 all the way back in the day getting 2 hour waits, and people were mad as hell. Wait times can be improved by shows, live entertainment, operations improvement, additional ride openings, etc. No need to box yourself in creatively.

Besides, high wait times are a sign of high attendance, which is a sign of high revenue. Higher revenue means bigger budget. That's always a good thing in my book.